Transfer to china

Transfer to china

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Q:

Question to the devs

is it possible to transfer to a chinese server? I play atm at a european server but the lag is hell. And since i know there are many people who play gw2 but they are closer located to china what would give them a great benifit for there connection.

will it be possible to transfer completly ?

thanks

Transfer to china

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You would be better off filing a support ticket since people on forums here know as much as you do.

Transfer to china

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I did that as well i may can later add there response.

Transfer to china

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

They would need one big transfer, i believe the servers are not in the same game as ours. Neither is the game itself as there is many changes…

Only thing that may be possible is transfer your account itself to the Chinese servers, as ArenaNet is not responsible for GW2 there after the launch.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Transfer to china

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

You’d have to buy a Chinese copy of the game. The regulations in China mean that, basically, a Chinese publisher is paying ArenaNet to license the game over there. It’s run on the other company’s unique servers and is not connected to the US/EU game. I’ve seen this sort of thing before with other MMOs that had a China launch.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Transfer to china

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I believe it would have to be “clear” account. Without any AP, items, money, characters, anything. New account, basicly

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Transfer to china

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can not transfer your account to the Chinese servers. The NA/EU client and China client are two separate games. If you wish to play on the China client, you will need to purchase another account.

Transfer to china

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Basically what everyone else has pointed out.
The Chinese version of the game is being run by Chinese developers and is quite separate from our versions of the game. If you want to play on the Chinese servers you will need to purchase a new account from them.

Transfer to china

Posted by: Marcelinho.3190

Marcelinho.3190

I think if I could transfer to the Chinese GW2 servers end up in NA / EU, assure that the dev of it are better than here

Transfer to china

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think if I could transfer to the Chinese GW2 servers end up in NA / EU, assure that the dev of it are better than here

Not exactly sure what you are saying, but the Devs are the same for both. =)