Transferring backpiece visuals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hexyn.8462

Hexyn.8462

Hi all,

Back when the game launched I completed the Halloween 2012 event for the animated book backpiece, I’ve since changed to another character and would love to transfer that visual to my new main.

I havnt found any white backpeice items that will allow me to transmute to make the item account bound rather than soulbound, does anyone know of a way to do this?

Someone mentioned the gem store backpieces come as a white item in which it could work, but I’d like some confirmation before sinking some gold into gems to find it’s a no-go.

Anyone attempted this yet or have another method?

Cheers!

————-
Piken Square

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

Buy one of the Tybalt Back Sets off the trading post (type in Back into the search function). Make sure it’s one of the sets. Open the set and it’ll come with backpack straps, and then just use them and transmute the two together!

I was freaking out that I was going to lose my book piece and then someone on here enlightened me to this trick.

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Look on TP
Tiger Charr Backpack Set
Tiger Charr Backpack Cover

The set has a Tiger Charr Backpack Cover + a white backpack strap.
After you take the white backpack strap, sell the cover back to TP if you dont like it.

Posted by: Hexyn.8462

Hexyn.8462

Thankyou!!!!!!

————-
Piken Square

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Don’t look for a particular set, because prices may vary.

Put just “backpack”, as the search sucks and if you put both “backpack” and “set” it will search for anything that contains either word instead only things that contain both words.

Then pick the cheapest Backpack Set. NOT cover.

Just make sure to preview it. Only those with the word “set” will include the straps, and when you preview them, you will see the straps in the preview slot.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!