Transform abilities should allow utility use

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Transforms are lame because they don’t allow utility use. Change that and people will actually use them.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Venatorn.7619

Venatorn.7619

Yes so I can use spectral walk, wells, or BiP while in lich

All proffesions 80

Khristophoros.7194

I think the thread could be useful if people would comment on it. I never see anyone use transforms so clearly they are unpopular. If nobody bothers to say why they don’t use them, it doesn’t even matter how much detail I go into in the first place.

I guess my point is if it turns out nobody cares about transforms (ie. nobody comments) then it would be a huge waste for me to go into detail in my OP.

Khristophoros.7194

Can’t tell if sarcasm but you know they could adjust it to compensate for the added power, or not add the utility use to every transform. Lich is one of the few transforms that sees any use so it could easily be left as is.

However, Lich being used is not an excuse to leave the other ones as they are.

Miss Lana.5276

I guess my point is if it turns out nobody cares about transforms (ie. nobody comments) then it would be a huge waste for me to go into detail in my OP.

The reason why I posted the link is because you didn’t go into detail. To me it was yet another post of “fix it” without giving any details and, frankly, not being of any help.

So long Treeface.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I think the thread could be useful if people would comment on it. I never see anyone use transforms so clearly they are unpopular. If nobody bothers to say why they don’t use them, it doesn’t even matter how much detail I go into in the first place.

But that is not how disscussions work. Don’t have other people bring arguments to a disscussion you have not provided with any substance.

If you want something changed, put in the work to explain why that would be a good idea. Why should others put in work when you yourself can’t even bother.

You could just aswell open a topic stating every player should receive 50 free ectos daily, I’m sure many would agree. Doesn’t make it a good or worthwhile Idea to discuss though.

This nails it.

Venatorn.7619

Can’t tell if sarcasm but you know they could adjust it to compensate for the added power, or not add the utility use to every transform. Lich is one of the few transforms that sees any use so it could easily be left as is.

Yes .. That was sarcasm .. And all of the transforms are niche, you won’t see them being used 100% of the time .. Yes, lich does get used the most but necros don’t really have a power elite other than lich. Tornado will probably see more use with the wvw in HoT due to terrain and easy knockoffs, rampage is used some in PvP already and supposedly will get a break bar with HoT

Another reason they can’t is because of Moas, they count as a xform and would have to have The utilities useable too

Also, engi kits would screw it up, can you imagine a tornado(elixir x) shooting nades? Or crapping out turrets

All proffesions 80

(edited by Venatorn.7619)

Khristophoros.7194

Yes .. That was sarcasm .. And all of the transforms are niche, you won’t see them being used 100% of the time .. Yes, lich does get used the most but necros don’t really have a power elite other than lich. Tornado will probably see more use with the wvw in HoT due to terrain and ealy knockoffs, rampage is used some in PvP already and supposedly will get a break bar with HoT

Another reason they can’t is because of Moas, they count as a xform and would have to have The utilities useable too

Also, engi kits would screw it up, can you imagine a tornado(elixir x) shooting a mortar or nades? Or crapping out turrets

Then don’t add it to the ones that don’t need it/shouldn’t have it.

Venatorn.7619

Sigh … I give up

All proffesions 80

Khristophoros.7194

Sigh … I give up

Why? Because your argument was defeated?

Miss Lana.5276

Sigh … I give up

You start a thread with the most basic of info (if any at all), expecting others to have your say for you, yet you shoot down those that have any sort of idea contrary to what you’re thinking.

It’s really no wonder people weren’t commenting on this.

So long Treeface.

Venatorn.7619

Sigh … I give up

No…. My argument wasn’t defeated, I just refuse to argue with a wall :/

But for the sake of conversation .. I listed the reasons why it can’t happen and pretty much all of the transforms.

In case you couldn’t read my earlier post or I left some out.

Rampage(warrior)- stomp, bullrush, kick, bolas, fear me, would create an inescapable stunlock machine

Tornado(ele)- lightning flash, glyph of storm, cleansing fire, armor of earth, arcane shield, any signet. The amount of sustain and damage would be ridiculous, and still could keep you on top of your opponent to constantly knockback

Lich- spectral walk, spectral armor, wells, spectral grasp, spectral wall, blood is power… Lol need I really explain this? People cry about lich enough already

Rampage(engi elixer)- nades , turrets, rocket boots, tool kit pull, goggles, and this isn’t counting the potential of using tool belt skills. Once again, inescapable stun lock

Tornado(engi elixer)- same as engi rampage

Moa- while we typically regard this as a cc to debilitate players, it is still considered a transform coding wise and would get any of the blanket changes to transforms caused by this, and some classes moa wouldn’t even affect because of utilities e.g. engi elixer S, ele mist

And you can’t just change one transform and not all, people will complain about imbalance

All proffesions 80

Khristophoros.7194

Sigh … I give up

You start a thread with the most basic of info (if any at all), expecting others to have your say for you, yet you shoot down those that have any sort of idea contrary to what you’re thinking.

It’s really no wonder people weren’t commenting on this.

When it’s that easy to shoot down maybe it means they were wrong.

Khristophoros.7194

Sigh … I give up

No…. My argument wasn’t defeated, I just refuse to argue with a wall :/

But for the sake of conversation .. I listed the reasons why it can’t happen and pretty much all of the transforms.

In case you couldn’t read my earlier post or I left some out.

Rampage(warrior)- stomp, bullrush, kick, bolas, fear me, would create an inescapable stunlock machine

Tornado(ele)- lightning flash, glyph of storm, cleansing fire, armor of earth, arcane shield, any signet. The amount of sustain and damage would be ridiculous, and still could keep you on top of your opponent to constantly knockback

Lich- spectral walk, spectral armor, wells, spectral grasp, spectral wall, blood is power… Lol need I really explain this? People cry about lich enough already

Rampage(engi elixer)- nades , turrets, rocket boots, tool kit pull, goggles, and this isn’t counting the potential of using tool belt skills. Once again, inescapable stun lock

Tornado(engi elixer)- same as engi rampage

Moa- while we typically regard this as a cc to debilitate players, it is still considered a transform coding wise and would get any of the blanket changes to transforms caused by this, and some classes moa wouldn’t even affect because of utilities e.g. engi elixer S, ele mist

My response was you don’t have to do it for every single one.

So you should be explaining the following:

And you can’t just change one transform and not all, people will complain about imbalance

Why? You just said it would be imbalanced to allow utilities with those transforms.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I’ve always viewed transforms as lazy design. Easier for devs to make since they don’t have to be balanced with innumerable skills/traits… because none of those things work with the transform.

It’s not an accident that players typically avoid using them; we don’t like being locked out of our characters’ abilities. The only ones that see common use are Necro DS & Elite skills… because there are no worthwhile alternatives.

That said, the transforms are typically OP in some aspect (Lich damage, Plague survival, etc.) and allowing utility use would require serious rebalancing.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Venatorn.7619

Ok at this point you have to be trolling. ….. You are answering your own question in your post.
/close

All proffesions 80

Khristophoros.7194

Ok at this point you have to be trolling. ….. You are answering your own question in your post.
/close

You: It would be imbalanced with Lich form
Me: Ok then don’t allow it in Lich form
You: Then people would complain about imbalance

You basically just said it would be imbalanced either way. You did not address that and no, I didn’t answer it for you.

(edited by Khristophoros.7194)

Khristophoros.7194

I’ve always viewed transforms as lazy design. Easier for devs to make since they don’t have to be balanced with innumerable skills/traits… because none of those things work with the transform.

It’s not an accident that players typically avoid using them; we don’t like being locked out of our characters’ abilities. The only ones that see common use are Necro DS & Elite skills… because there are no worthwhile alternatives.

That said, the transforms are typically OP in some aspect (Lich damage, Plague survival, etc.) and allowing utility use would require serious rebalancing.

Shroud is fine because you aren’t locked in it for a set duration. You can revert to your normal skills whenever you want. IMO it feels fine because of that and you don’t exactly see necromancers avoiding using it.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Shroud is fine because you aren’t locked in it for a set duration. You can revert to your normal skills whenever you want. IMO it feels fine because of that and you don’t exactly see necromancers avoiding using it.

Nah not being to able to use or see utilities in DS,having traited traits not working while it’s active and DS being the class mechanic and excuse has always held us back. We can’t avoid using DS we will drop fast without it if anything DS should be able to use/see utilities before transforms. I do believe it’s a bad idea for transforms it will worsen balance.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Khristophoros.7194

Nah not being to able to use or see utilities in DS,having traited traits not working while it’s active and DS being the class mechanic and excuse has always held us back. We can’t avoid using DS we will drop fast without it if anything DS should be able to use/see utilities before transforms. I do believe it’s a bad idea for transforms it will worsen balance.

We should be able to see utilities in DS. That would be a great QoL change.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Being able to see utilities so you can easily monitor cooldowns, sure. Being able to USE utilities while you’re transformed, probably not . ..