Transmutation Charges Crisis

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

For some people, transmutation charges aren’t a huge deal, but for someone who has 23 characters and most cities on said characters complete, I’m running out of ways to gain said charges.

The PvP Reward Track feels slow, and I’ve burned myself out with the latest season. The same applies to map completion. I’ve completed so many maps up to this point where I’d rather just do something else. I would have to buy my share of charges, but I’m currently working around on updating each of my character’s builds while saving up for the “Path of Fire Deluxe Upgrade”.

Is there any other way? I’ve been stuck with less than five charges for a few weeks now and it’s starting to become a nightmare.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Transmutation charges are account bound.
All you need is 1 free character slot. Create new toon, complete Rata Sum quickly, get transmutation charge and delete the toon. Rinse and repeat.
Unless, they have axed this method. If not, they probably will sometime in the future, just like how they nerf 1st BL key reward from story.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

They’re available for gems if you feel like changing skins at a faster rate than you gain charges. You can exchange gold for gems.

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

They’re available for gems if you feel like changing skins at a faster rate than you gain charges. You can exchange gold for gems.

I stated that I cannot purchase Charges for the following two reasons:
- Gold is being used to update most of my character’s gear and builds.
- Gold is being saved in order for me to purchase the Deluxe Upgrade for the expansion.

And to answer the user above yours, I do not have any free slots at the moment, and cannot afford to delete any.

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

23 characters is a lot and it sounds like you have the resources to solve your problem. Your priorities seem to say you need to let a ball drop, either the deluxe edition or skins.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

For some people, transmutation charges aren’t a huge deal, but for someone who has 23 characters and most cities on said characters complete, I’m running out of ways to gain said charges.

The PvP Reward Track feels slow, and I’ve burned myself out with the latest season. The same applies to map completion. I’ve completed so many maps up to this point where I’d rather just do something else. I would have to buy my share of charges, but I’m currently working around on updating each of my character’s builds while saving up for the “Path of Fire Deluxe Upgrade”.

Is there any other way? I’ve been stuck with less than five charges for a few weeks now and it’s starting to become a nightmare.

Get skirmish chests from WvW, easy transmution charges.

Posted by: BenZ.8460

BenZ.8460

Yes WvW skirmish chest are your best option. You can have around 30 charges a week .

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

I stated that I cannot purchase Charges for the following two reasons:
- Gold is being used to update most of my character’s gear and builds.
- Gold is being saved in order for me to purchase the Deluxe Upgrade for the expansion.

And to answer the user above yours, I do not have any free slots at the moment, and cannot afford to delete any.

TBH sounds more like a case of having to stick to a budget and your choice to prioritize other things rather than any sort of crisis with the transmutation charge system itself. There are plenty of free options, and all take time to get- time that could also be used to farm “extra” (i.e. on top of what you want for the other stuff) gold to buy charges. Depends on your WvW rank and server performance, but it may just be faster to farm gold —> buy gems —> by charges direct once you get past the wood or bronze WvW tiers. Also, 25 charges cost $7.50, so RL job farming is still way faster.

And as the Stones say: "You can’t always get what you want, But if you try sometimes well you just might find, You get what you need "

(edited by thehipone.6812)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I have 26ish characters that I completely re-fashioned many times and have never bought charges via any means. I do not PvP but I’ve not really encountered issues of running low on transmutation charges.

If you are interested:
Just as some players would ‘farm’ black lion keys with new characters, you can have a character slot dedicated to doing a ‘T Charge Run’ to earn a couple in about 10 minutes.
Yep, my actual character name

• Make a sylvari and map complete The Grove
  • Go to Rata Sum and map complete it
  • Delete > Repeat.
  • Optimized run gives 2 charges in about 10-12 minutes (depending on instance boss availability)

You could go and do other cities, but by the time you complete just one of the other cities (Divinity’s Reach, Hoelbrak or Black Citadel) you could have already re-created the character and gotten The Grove done and be moving on to Rata Sum again. (exception being Black Citadel where an optimized path might be worth including in the run, barely)

So:

• Make a quick sylvari character (or asura, but I feel sylvari starter instance is done slightly quicker)
  • After instance, turn around and enter The Grove (or Rata Sum)
  • Run through and ‘map complete’ the city (optimal path can be figured after a few runs)
  • Waypoint to outside Rata Sum (or The Grove) and run in
  • Run through and ‘map complete’ the city (again, figuring optimal path as you do the runs helps decrease overall run time)

__

I feel 2 charges in 10ish minutes is decent, especially since you can choose to take your time, chat, do other things or even take a break and pick up where you left off and are not locked in to an activity like taking part in PvP.
(You you can also sell/scrap some starter items for a few copper/silver if so inclined.)

If you would like to do a few test runs and follow me around to learn what I feel are decently optimal paths, contact me in-game and we can do a few runs. I had liked to try to get ‘my best time’ when doing them, but I’ve not done them for a while so I may be a bit rusty on tweaks to shave 1-3 seconds off total run time.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: JPUlisses.8756

JPUlisses.8756

I have too many of these… they are worthless… but I like the systems we have right now to get them. Just leave it as it is. Rather have too many, than too few.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I agree, it would be great if we could earn charges in PvE easier. Right now when I need lots of charges, I farm Rata Sum which can be done in 8-10 mins but it’s boring as hell. I’m also a casual PvP player but there are only 2 charges / reward track so it doesn’t help.