Transmutation Charges and PvP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: frankylinares.7894

frankylinares.7894

They said that for those who in PvP had a rank they would be getting a one time allotment of transmutation charges did they announce an amount of charges for the rank or what ratio it will be. Because i feel as if getting any less that 1:1 will be dumb because i play so many alts for pvp and would like them to have gear as well for it.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I believe it’s 1:1 based on your new rank (from the rank adjustment).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I think it would was implied that you would get how many you would have received as if you started from 0 from the time the patch hits.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

You get one charge per rank. So if you are rank 30 you get 30 charges.

As a side note this is because your gear isn’t only pvp gear anymore, so if you alts have pve gear it can come into pvp now, and vice versa.

And for all of those people in pvp that complain about having to pay for trans charges in order to change your look from now on I say this: If you want the nice rewards and attention that pve gets, then you have to start making it worth Anet’s time. They are a business, and invest their dev time where they think they will get a return on their investment. If the PvP population never fills the coffers, they won’t get any attention. Plus you can get charges for going down the reward line in pvp, so technically you never once have to spend a gem to get the charges to change your clothes.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

As a side note this is because your gear isn’t only pvp gear anymore, so if you alts have pve gear it can come into pvp now, and vice versa.

And for all of those people in pvp that complain about having to pay for trans charges in order to change your look from now on I say this: If you want the nice rewards and attention that pve gets, then you have to start making it worth Anet’s time. They are a business, and invest their dev time where they think they will get a return on their investment. If the PvP population never fills the coffers, they won’t get any attention. Plus you can get charges for going down the reward line in pvp, so technically you never once have to spend a gem to get the charges to change your clothes.

Thanks for your unasked for useless advice bro, im glad you can speak for a company you dont work for.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Thanks for your unasked for useless advice bro, im glad you can speak for a company you dont work for.

As a person who understands what an ROI is in business, sure I can talk to it. And advice is only useless if you dismiss it as such. Even if it is advice you disagree with you can always gain something from it.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

I am mostly a PvEr but I feel for PvPrs. They are a forgotten bunch, and they are going to have to pay for what they had for free before in exchange of nothing as far as we know.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

What I’m wondering is if pvper’s are going to have to spend charges to get back to the looks they already have?

Right now, you essentially have two looks, (a third if you count town clothes). Say you are rank 40 in the mist. That’s 40 charges. Say you have 8 characters that pvp. No way is 40charges going to cover armor and weapons to get back to the looks you are currently wearing in spvp.

If I were the decision maker here, I would at least give a charge to per item that wasn’t starter being worn.

or Go the other route and just give up 8-10 charges per toon if your account is over a certain rank.

I personally don’t mind however they go about this as I pve and pvp, but I know that if I put together looks on each of my upteen toons in the mist, others may have too who don’t pve at all. Doesn’t really seem right to me I guess.

Has it been said at all which gear you will actually be wearing that first time in the mist? I’m assuming you will be wearing your pve look, eh….I need to get more info on this.