Transmutation Stones

Transmutation Stones

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

What will happen to the people who just bought a bunch of transmutation stones right before they learned new armor was coming out? Will they get a refund? Or some free stones maybe? Because if this had come out a little earlier, they would have been able to save their stones until they actually got max armor…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Transmutation Stones

Posted by: Oluerim.7256

Oluerim.7256

It’ll happens the same thing than me. They will answer that they don’t have the tools to refund you with your lost items and that they don’t pay back gemstones that you have already used IG.

We have been purposely trapped by this compagny who don’t care anymore about common sense and ethic regarding their community. All they want is you to buy another set of transmutation stones to help paying nonesense new stuff developpement that grant access to the new dungeons.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Transmutation Stones

ThiBash.5634

It was more of moral question than an actual one to be honest. It’s one of the reasons I’m against a new tier of gear, and something that others can’t really call ‘whiny’ I’d imagine.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Transmutation Stones

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

not a lot of need for transmutation stones on accessories, eh

Transmutation Stones

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Based on the way Arenanet seems to be doing things now, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a new tier of transmutation stones… even finer ones that only work for ascended gear and cost 2x as much.

Transmutation Stones

Posted by: Shamurai.5976

Shamurai.5976

I get more transmutation stones like every time I complete a map… on every character that does it… that and I thought I read that they are release back and trinket with this update… do you really neeed transmutation stones for that, or is this another whine about Ascended gear thread. As I see it… if this new gear is so UBER required it will not be transmuted over by other gear anyway as you will NEED (so I hear which is BS) to have Ascended gear to be accepted into a party anyway, what better and easier way to be accepted into said elitist parties then to look just like them…

Meh, I’ll still be wearing my exotics and loving them … and find parties that will accept me from the TREMENDOUS amount of people that are complaining that should be kitten near everyone.

Transmutation Stones

Posted by: Bhelliom.5324

Bhelliom.5324

You have to buy more mate.

Transmutation Stones

ThiBash.5634

Ok, two things that need clearing up:

1: There will ascended versions of ALL armor as stated by ArenaNet.

2: The level 80 transmutation stones are bought with actual money. Just because you get lucky a lot doesn’t mean all of us do.

Transmutation Stones

Shamurai.5976

2: The level 80 transmutation stones are bought with actual money. Just because you get lucky a lot doesn’t mean all of us do.

Get lucky? I have like 50+ from map completions and I’ve only completed 60% of the map? I’ve never paid for any…. Possibly a couple may have come from black lion chests… but still are you really not getting stones from completing a map?

Transmutation Stones

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I’ve transmuted for both my 80s freely, just using the ones I’ve found along the way, don’t feel particularly limited.

The ones I have big surplus are the 1-79 ones. Enough to clothe an army of alts.

As yet there’s not a need for them with ascended gear being invisible slots.

Transmutation Stones

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Get lucky? I have like 50+ from map completions and I’ve only completed 60% of the map? I’ve never paid for any…. Possibly a couple may have come from black lion chests… but still are you really not getting stones from completing a map?

The ones you get from map completion are normal transmutation stones not the lvl 80 ones.

Transmutation Stones

Shamurai.5976

The ones you get from map completion are normal transmutation stones not the lvl 80 ones.

Weird I just looked I have 32 blue ones.. did I get them from Black Lion Chests? Alone with them boosters, revive orbs, repair canisters and other stuffs?

Transmutation Stones

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Weird I just looked I have 32 blue ones.. did I get them from Black Lion Chests? Alone with them boosters, revive orbs, repair canisters and other stuffs?

I’m pretty sure I have never gotten one from the maps and I’ve done 60% with one character and collectively I’ve done the whole map although maybe you have? I don’t know. I have got some from the daily/monthly achievements (I have 20). Maybe that is where you got yours from?

Though since they seem to appear fairly regularly in the achievement rewards so if you were actually trying to go for them I don’t know that it would be that difficult to get a good supply.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)