Transmutation charges!!!

Transmutation charges!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ghost Safari.4813

Ghost Safari.4813

Hey GUILD WARS 2 DEVS!

Can we please lower the gem cost / boost the amount of charges you get from the gem store purchase?

I would have never bought a whole new "TRANS mog " set had I known how difficult it is to obtain transmutation charges….

This is my fav mmo, and im glad to be back… BUT PLEASE….

Do something about us acquiring transmutation stones OR , make the sets u buy from the gem store not ever have to use the transmutation stones…

Its not fair if a noob goes and buy it, and realizes !!! UH OH, i can even barely use this as I update gear?!

Ugh… I doubt no one will see this but I had to try… Create a better system of obtaining them or dramatically lower the cost of them!!!

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Map completion, even simple city map completion nets you Transmutation charges.
They will not lower the cost of the charges, except when it goes on sale.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Do a little pvp, you will have lots.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

PvP awards a lot of transmutation charges, especially so if you do tournaments with your guild.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You should be able to get them WITHOUT being FORCED to play a style you don’t want.
PvP—just crap to me, but if you like it, enjoy and have fun.

Transmutation charges!!!

Azhure.1857

You should be able to get them WITHOUT being FORCED to play a style you don’t want.

You’re not forced here. Options include: Map completion, black lion chests, PvP, Personal story (not positive about this one), and gem shop.

If those options aren’t good enough for you, then too bad? Because your argument could be thrown at just about anything in this game. If you want something – do what needs to be done to get it. Or pull out your credit card.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Khairiya.7240

Khairiya.7240

What the others said. It takes 3 minutes per charge by map completion, so no matter how expensive these things may be in the gem shop they’re fairly easy to come by.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

What the others said. It takes 3 minutes per charge by map completion, so no matter how expensive these things may be in the gem shop they’re fairly easy to come by.

Wait, what? Where are these three minute maps? Even The Grove takes a bit more than 3 minutes to complete. PvE maps easily take upwards of an hour. That approach presumes the player has a bunch of alts that haven’t already mapped the easy zones.

Right now I think PvP reward tracks are the best method of obtaining these outside of straight up buying them. There’s lots of other goodies in the chests, as well as a decent bit of AP to earn along the way. Also helps you to improve your combat skills.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

You can get them without doing content you choose not to do.

By BUYING THEM.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Kohlteth.3715

Kohlteth.3715

They should make the Gemstore ones like the Achievement chest skins / dyes, where you get unlimited uses . After all you DID buy it not just find it in game !

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

Wait, what? Where are these three minute maps? Even The Grove takes a bit more than 3 minutes to complete. PvE maps easily take upwards of an hour. That approach presumes the player has a bunch of alts that haven’t already mapped the easy zones.

Right now I think PvP reward tracks are the best method of obtaining these outside of straight up buying them. There’s lots of other goodies in the chests, as well as a decent bit of AP to earn along the way. Also helps you to improve your combat skills.

1/ Buy a character slot
2/ Create a character, map every towns and collect 6 transmutation charges (1 per city ?)
3/ Delete your character
4/ got to 2/
= Infinite transmutation charges….

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

1st, for level 80 items it’s cheaper than they use to be, 30 gems per versus 40 gems per.

2nd, you now get one you can use for level 80 items for free now.

3rd, yes if you are complaining about under level 80 transmutation you have a point since it’s more expensive, 30 gems per verses 25 gems, and you get fewer free now.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As the others have said, Charges can be farmed quite easily by creating a new character and just mapping all the starter cities. If you dabble in PvP, even just in Hotjoin, you’ll get a number of Transmutation Charges as well.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Khairiya.7240

Khairiya.7240

Sorry, you’re right of course. I divided by three because I was still thinking of Transmutation Stones. Creating a character and mapping the Grove takes about 9 minutes, so it’s 9 minutes per charge.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Map completion and daily ends up giving a decent supply of them.
The wardrobe system (except for the city clothes) ended up being a good system.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

Actually, I don’t think the cost for the charges is that bad. However I do think they should change the prices on some stuff in the game. I think if they lowered the prices for a lot of the stuff in the gem store people might be more willing to spend gems in the store because they will feel like they get more out of their money.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think that the cost of these is fine, considering that these are basically a net’s primary source of gem purchases. (Well, these and armors). I would not mind there being more ways to get then for those people who don’t like map completion, key farming, pvp, etc but I really can’t think of a good analog to it. Maybe every 5 dungeons completed (with hobby dungeon explorer) gets a charge? I dunno. I can’t really think of anything else.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

We could probably do with a PvE reward track of sorts, linked to either dungeons/fractals or DE completion.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

You know, I actually play PvP to get these charges but then I realize maybe they set the rate we can get them so low that we will simply use our credit cards…

…In a world that competitors like Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft offer such services by consuming only a marginal amount of ingame gold…ArenaNet would be unwise to make these cosmetics so costly. Especially when the art design/cosmetics is one of the major reasons people still come back despite the game’s horrible state

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I would pay a fee, perhaps the cost of a store outfit, 800 gems (though sales would be nice), to burn the current look someone happens to be wearing off as an outfit that is now accessible to all my characters.

Edit: OK, that didn’t make any sense. It’d be cheaper to use 3 charges every 10 levels in my case! ;p

While it might have been confusing for some, there was a method to the old system. By being rewarded 3 1-79 charges as you completed areas, you could save up so many (for free) that it was easy enough to keep a character in a look every 10 levels (especially if you hid everything but chest, legs, shoes like I do) all the way to 80, and then the only fees set in once you were 80 and wanted to change your look.

With that gone, and no way to burn a look that I can use when I want, I’ve settled on purchasing a pirate outfit (when it was on sale) and now all my alts just wear that while they are leveling.

(edited by notebene.3190)

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Man, I do wish I had more trans charges than I currently have,.. but to be honest and trying to be as much objective as I can… ANet should put them really hard in game. I rather have ANet getting money from this product rather than ugly shiny skins. If they could get enough money on trans charges on the gemstore, we would probably have better content in game (“utopically” speaking).

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

It usually takes me 3-4 minutes for The Grove, and 3-4 minutes for Rata Sum. For me, it is actually quicker to run those two cities, delete and remake the character and run them again than it is to run the other cities on that initial character.

Couple your T-Charge runs in before a BL Key run and the key run goes faster as well due to the levels you gain from exploring those two cities. So create a character, map Rata Sum, map The Grove, return and do the key run. 2 T-Charges and a BL Key in +/- 40 minutes depending on key run preps (down to 31 min for this back-to-back run personally, looking to get under 30 soon).

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

We could probably do with a PvE reward track of sorts, linked to either dungeons/fractals or DE completion.

You mean, dailies, monthlies, Achievement Point Chests (granted by doing a plethora of PvE content)…not to mention the actual loot you get from doing events and killing foes?

PvP has the reward tracks to simulate the drops and coinage you get from doing PvE things.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

By BUYING THEM.

Heck with that crap. Anet hasn’t got a single cent from me for many months. I use to buy gem cards, but I can’t support them with actual cash anymore (or even converting gold for that matter.) Maybe LS2 can get me back—but based on anets past record I am not optimistic at all.
After completing maps with 3 toons, I have no interest with that anymore, PvP—I don’t enjoy that still of play.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Transmutation charges!!!

notebene.3190

It usually takes me 3-4 minutes for The Grove, and 3-4 minutes for Rata Sum. For me, it is actually quicker to run those two cities, delete and remake the character and run them again than it is to run the other cities on that initial character.

Couple your T-Charge runs in before a BL Key run and the key run goes faster as well due to the levels you gain from exploring those two cities. So create a character, map Rata Sum, map The Grove, return and do the key run. 2 T-Charges and a BL Key in +/- 40 minutes depending on key run preps (down to 31 min for this back-to-back run personally, looking to get under 30 soon).

What is the second part? I’m not following that at all? How do I get a key while exploring Rata Sum and The Grove with a new character?

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Just FYI, all armor sets bought from the store are free transmutations.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Transmutation charges!!!

notebene.3190

Well, the first time. I’m wearing a Krytan chest skin and went to see if it would cost me to change that to a Magitech, and it said it would cost me 1 charge.

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

That doesn’t seem to be the case for my Zodiac armor.

Transmutation charges!!!

Azhure.1857

By BUYING THEM.

Heck with that crap. Anet hasn’t got a single cent from me for many months. I use to buy gem cards, but I can’t support them with actual cash anymore (or even converting gold for that matter.) Maybe LS2 can get me back—but based on anets past record I am not optimistic at all.
After completing maps with 3 toons, I have no interest with that anymore, PvP—I don’t enjoy that still of play.

Player A: I don’t like being forced to do content I don’t want to do for this item.
Player B: You have options though! There is option 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. You can choose, see?
Player A: None of the above!
Player B: So what are you saying exactly?
Player A: That I want that item and it should be given to me!…. Because!
Player B: …………….. O.O

Transmutation charges!!!

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

By BUYING THEM.

Player A: I don’t like being forced to do content I don’t want to do for this item.
Player B: You have options though! There is option 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. You can choose, see?
Player A: None of the above!
Player B: So what are you saying exactly?
Player A: That I want that item and it should be given to me!…. Because!
Player B: …………….. O.O

Blude, get a grip. You aren’t forced to do anything in the game. And you don’t need to pay them one red cent to get them.

To others, please remember: Do not feed the trolls:
http://everystockphoto.s3.amazonaws.com/lazoo_sign_1055610_o.jpg

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Transmutation charges!!!

StinVec.3621

What is the second part? I’m not following that at all? How do I get a key while exploring Rata Sum and The Grove with a new character?

I was stating that if you also happen to be a person who does the Black Lion Key runs, since you are already making a new character for that, if you run the two cities for T-Charges prior to the key run that you can combine the two activities and even complete the key run quicker due to having gained levels via city exploration.

Transmutation charges!!!

notebene.3190

I was stating that if you also happen to be a person who does the Black Lion Key runs, since you are already making a new character for that, if you run the two cities for T-Charges prior to the key run that you can combine the two activities and even complete the key run quicker due to having gained levels via city exploration.

Oh, Ok.

I’ve never heard of a ‘Black Lion Key’ run? Don’t suppose you could point me in the right direction to learn how to do that?

Transmutation charges!!!

StinVec.3621

Oh, Ok.

I’ve never heard of a ‘Black Lion Key’ run? Don’t suppose you could point me in the right direction to learn how to do that?

Sure. Here is one thread that discusses it and includes tips. And here is another that goes into more detail with more tips.

Transmutation charges!!!

notebene.3190

Oh, Ok.

Sure. Here is one thread that discusses it and includes tips. And here is another that goes into more detail with more tips.

Thx much.