Transmutation charges and PvE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Q:

“transmutation charges for Map completion after April 15”

Is this retroactive? Just like the PvP gets TCs per rank, will the PvE gets TCs for 100% map completion BEFORE April 15?

I just need some clarification on what this mean.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

A:

PvP also received glory points as they rank up that were used to purchased skins prior to the removal of glory points. Thus, receiving Trans Charges after April 15 per rank is rewarding them again.

Not really since before update change skin in PvP is free and after update they will need to use transmutation charges, so they need it.
Also you are comparing “oranges” to “apples”, glory wasn’t rewarded by rank up, it was a parallel reward, since you couldn’t use gold in PvP you needed to use glory as currency.

This.

Until now in PvP you used Glory to buy skins and then you could apply them for free.
In PvE you used gold/karma/crafting mats etc. to get skins and then used transmutation stones/crystals to apply them.

After the update both game modes will use the wardrobe. Meaning you’ll need to use gold, karma etc. to get skins and then use transmutation charges to apply them.

PvP players are being given some free charges to compensate for the loss of free customisation. PvE players can convert stones/crystals they’ve received (and not already used) into charges so they don’t lose anything.

It all balances out.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

All the transmutation stones/crystal you currently have will be converted to charges after the update, so yeah it is retroactive.

EDIT: Remembering that the transmutations from map completion is already in your inventory (if you didn’t use it), so you won’t get extra ones.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Sir Vincent III.1286

All the transmutation stones/crystal you currently have will be converted to charges after the update, so yeah it is retroactive.

EDIT: Remembering that the transmutations from map completion is already in your inventory (if you didn’t use it), so you won’t get extra ones.

I’m asking my question based on the fact that the map completion reward doesn’t always give Transmutation rocks — you either get a Trans rock or a BLC Key.

So for those who did get a key instead, won’t they receive Trans Charges?

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Belzebu.3912

No, they wont get.

PvP will gain because after the update transmutations will be given for sure on each rank up, and before the update that wasn’t an option to get, so to compensate that they will give it retroactively.
In PvE we could get transmutations so there is nothing to be given retroactively.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t think so. If you got a key, you got a chance for Transmutation Crystals, among many other items that could be in the chest. Why would ArenaNet reward some people twice for completing the map/zone?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I don’t think so. If you got a key, you got a chance for Transmutation Crystals, among many other items that could be in the chest. Why would ArenaNet reward some people twice for completing the map/zone?

Because trans stones are generally useless for any character not below 80. As it stands now, you’d be getting 1 charge, or 1 key per completion, so it wouldnt be too far of a stretch for that to be changed from either/or to both.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Is this retroactive? Just like the PvP gets TCs per rank, will the PvE gets TCs for 100% map completion BEFORE April 15?

They’ve covered this already. Transmutation crystals and stones are being converted into charges (1:1 and 3:1 respectively), so yes whatever stones you get for map completion now will be converted.
Retroactively getting rewards yet again for maps you’ve already been rewarded for and having said reward converted to the new system…you must be kidding. They aren’t going to reward you again.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Because trans stones are generally useless for any character not below 80. As it stands now, you’d be getting 1 charge, or 1 key per completion, so it wouldnt be too far of a stretch for that to be changed from either/or to both.

What? The OP is asking if he will be compensated retro-actively for having received a BLTC key in the past for completion of some maps/zones.

I do not believe so, for the reasons stated.

Aidan Savage.2078

Well, it wont be retroactive for map completion because you DID already get the transmutation items. If you want charges, you’d just convert what you received.

Sir Vincent III.1286

They’ve covered this already. Transmutation crystals and stones are being converted into charges (1:1 and 3:1 respectively), so yes whatever stones you get for map completion now will be converted.
Retroactively getting rewards yet again for maps you’ve already been rewarded for and having said reward converted to the new system…you must be kidding. They aren’t going to reward you again.

I’m not trying to kid anyone just wanted a clarification since the notes I read was very vague and can mean one way or the other.

PvP also received glory points as they rank up that were used to purchased skins prior to the removal of glory points. Thus, receiving Trans Charges after April 15 per rank is rewarding them again. So for Arena Net to reward PvP again after April 15, I wanted to know if PvE will receive the same.

But thank you, I think I get what you mean, however still doesn’t answer the question.

Belzebu.3912

PvP also received glory points as they rank up that were used to purchased skins prior to the removal of glory points. Thus, receiving Trans Charges after April 15 per rank is rewarding them again.

Not really since before update change skin in PvP is free and after update they will need to use transmutation charges, so they need it.
Also you are comparing “oranges” to “apples”, glory wasn’t rewarded by rank up, it was a parallel reward, since you couldn’t use gold in PvP you needed to use glory as currency.

MrRuin.9740

PvP also received glory points as they rank up that were used to purchased skins prior to the removal of glory points. Thus, receiving Trans Charges after April 15 per rank is rewarding them again. So for Arena Net to reward PvP again after April 15, I wanted to know if PvE will receive the same.

But thank you, I think I get what you mean, however still doesn’t answer the question.

I am curious why you are comparing the two things? Glory has been removed from PvP and isn’t even the same thing. Glory was PvP currency. On top of that, map completion =/= rank gain. They are not the same thing. What PvPers bought with glory has nothing to do transmutation charges. Glory was in the same category as dungeon tokens. You farm a bunch, you buy a skin.
You did not receive a currency from map completion that was used to purchase skins.
You did map completion and have been rewarded for it. That reward you got is being changed to the new format replacing it.
That is the answer – you are not going to be retroactively rewarded again for something you already did and have been rewarded for. For more elaboration, see the 2 posts above mine.

(edited by MrRuin.9740)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

PvP players are being “rewarded” because they will lose the completely free of charge skin change utility of the skin locker, as well as their characters being stripped of any currently used skins (which will end up in Wardrobe, and will need Transmutation Charges to be reapplied).
PvE equivalent of that last one would be if after the 15th patch every PvE character found themselves in a white gear skin set.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Sir Vincent III.1286

I am curious why you are comparing the two things? Glory has been removed from PvP and isn’t even the same thing. Glory was PvP currency. On top of that, map completion =/= rank gain. They are not the same thing.

That’s exactly why I’m confused here, as you said, they’re not the same thing. So why are they doing it that way then? PvP will get Trans Charges per rank, while PvE may get Trans Charges per map completion. I underlined “may” because there’s a possibility of getting a BLC Key instead.

Come April 15, PvPer will have access to dungeon skins and legendary skins without ever leaving PvP. It just seems one sided reward system.

What PvPers bought with glory has nothing to do transmutation charges. Glory was in the same category as dungeon tokens. You farm a bunch, you buy a skin.
You did not receive a currency from map completion that was used to purchase skins.

Not really. Glory is like gold. PvP used glory to purchase the racial armor set, PvE used gold. So in that regards, they are equal, yet PvP will get free Trans Charges while PvE will have to have the Trans rocks. Then they mention about map completion that only confuses the issue.

You did map completion and have been rewarded for it. That reward you got is being changed to the new format replacing it.

This is where a clarification is needed. While PvP will get 1:1 per rank, PvE will get 50/50 chance to get Trans Charge due the possibility of a BLC Key.

1) Are they going to make a change that a map completion will always grant Trans Charges?

2) And if so, then how about those who have map completion that did not get Trans rocks because of the key?

So my main question is really based on the answer to #1.

That is the answer – you are not going to be retroactively rewarded again for something you already did and have been rewarded for. For more elaboration, see the 2 posts above mine.

As I’ve mentioned above, not all map completion were rewarded with Trans rocks.

Aidan Savage.2078

Because it’s easier to create a new character, run around for 10 minutes and complete a map than it is to gain pvp ranks. That’s all there is to it. You arent getting more free stuff, which is what’s really being asked here tbh.

MrRuin.9740

That’s exactly why I’m confused here, as you said, they’re not the same thing. So why are they doing it that way then? PvP will get Trans Charges per rank, while PvE may get Trans Charges per map completion. I underlined “may” because there’s a possibility of getting a BLC Key instead.

Come April 15, PvPer will have access to dungeon skins and legendary skins without ever leaving PvP. It just seems one sided reward system.

This was explained to you. PvP users have never had to pay to use skins once unlocked. Once unlocked they were in the pvp locker to be used as freely as they wanted. Hence, they are being given free trans charges. So NOTHING is changing. It’s how they balance taking away the free uses they have had since the beginning.

Not really. Glory is like gold. PvP used glory to purchase the racial armor set, PvE used gold. So in that regards, they are equal, yet PvP will get free Trans Charges while PvE will have to have the Trans rocks. Then they mention about map completion that only confuses the issue.

Gold, dungeon token, whatever. Its all currency. Transmutation Stones are not currency. You cannot compare the two.

This is where a clarification is needed. While PvP will get 1:1 per rank, PvE will get 50/50 chance to get Trans Charge due the possibility of a BLC Key.

Again, they are taking free skin usage away from PvPer’s. If you want the same thing they get, then go PvP, coz its alot easier to make a new character and run around a map to spam trans stones.

The bottom line is you are comparing 2 different systems and rewards, while turning into some entitled claim that you are being treated unfairly. You have not had a problem with PvP players being able to interchange skins with zero cost (once obtained) up to this point, why is it such a big deal now?
Because they had something taken away and were compensated for it? PvE people had nothng taken away and most are sitting on hundreds of trans stones they will ever use and are getting those turned into the new system.
PvE’ers get a lot of free trans charges from those stones that PvP ppl never had the chance to get. Maybe they should compensate the PvP players in some way for that……

oh wait……

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am curious why you are comparing the two things? Glory has been removed from PvP and isn’t even the same thing. Glory was PvP currency. On top of that, map completion =/= rank gain. They are not the same thing.

What PvPers bought with glory has nothing to do transmutation charges. Glory was in the same category as dungeon tokens. You farm a bunch, you buy a skin.

1) Are they going to make a change that a map completion will always grant Trans Charges?

2) And if so, then how about those who have map completion that did not get Trans rocks because of the key?

So my main question is really based on the answer to #1.

As I’ve mentioned above, not all map completion were rewarded with Trans rocks.

Lol. I wish it was a 50/50 chance to get a BLTC key from map completion.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’m asking my question based on the fact that the map completion reward doesn’t always give Transmutation rocks — you either get a Trans rock or a BLC Key.

So for those who did get a key instead, won’t they receive Trans Charges?

I am 100% sure that you get Trans stones 100% of the time for map completes. It’s just that you can sometimes also get a key. I have completed world complete on 8 chars so far and not once for any map complete have I seen zero stones and I have got a fair few keys while doing them all.

But even so, if this is the case (which again I say I don’t think so) I would count yourself lucky that you got keys instead whenever you did.

Ps, you have just under 1 week to stock up on charges, get to it start farming those city maps on throw away chars while you can!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Astralporing.1957

Lol. I wish it was a 50/50 chance to get a BLTC key from map completion.

Oh yeah, me too.

Actions, not words.

Sir Vincent III.1286

The bottom line is you are comparing 2 different systems and rewards, while turning into some entitled claim that you are being treated unfairly.

I resent that notion that this is about entitlement because if that is the case, then what’s makes PvP entitled to free things and PvE not? So please, don’t make this about entitlement because it’s not.

The question is simple. If they are doing something for PvP for achieving something, in this case, ranking, what are they doing for PvE for achieving something, in this case, map completion?

Since I already have 100% map completion, I cannot go back and re-explore the map and there’s no other places I can explore to get Trans Charges — that’s why I asked for clarification.

Anyway, before this gets out of hand — seems like it’s going to that direction already — I think I’ll take Danikat’s word for it.

Aidan Savage.2078

The question is simple. If they are doing something for PvP for achieving something, in this case, ranking, what are they doing for PvE for achieving something, in this case, map completion?

Since I already have 100% map completion, I cannot go back and re-explore the map and there’s no other places I can explore to get Trans Charges — that’s why I asked for clarification.

You seem to be willfully misunderstanding. They are not doing anything for people who already did map exploration. YOU GOT THE REWARD ALREADY. Take those trans items you received and redeem them for charges. Right now, when you explore a map, you receive 3 stones. After the update, those stones can be turned into a single charge. AFTER the update, you get the same exact thing. There you go. It does not get any simpler to explain than that.

edit: Danikat basically vomited the same explanation you got from the blog posts, which has been repeated several times in this thread.

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Ok, but after the patch, will the area completion reward you with 1 transmutation charge? Atm i can get 3 transmutation stones.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Ok, but after the patch, will the area completion reward you with 1 transmutation charge? Atm i can get 3 transmutation stones.

Yes.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

Yes. They came out and said this will be the case in the most recent livestream.

Sir Vincent III.1286

You seem to be willfully misunderstanding. They are not doing anything for people who already did map exploration. YOU GOT THE REWARD ALREADY. Take those trans items you received and redeem them for charges. Right now, when you explore a map, you receive 3 stones.

Not 100% of the time. I’ve already explained where a clarification is needed, you’re the one who is misunderstanding what I’m asking.

Let’s break it down;
- they said something vague the map completion will get Trans Charges.
- if that is so, then those who have gotten BLC key instead gets nothing.
- if map completion rewards Trans Charges, what are they going to do for those who did not get Trans stone from map completions?
- simply put, let’s say I’m extremely lucky and have gotten all keys instead, does that mean I get no Trans charges for completing the map?

edit: Danikat basically vomited the same explanation you got from the blog posts, which has been repeated several times in this thread.

I read the notes after watching the stream and still confused that’s why I asked.

BigfootArisen.6509

How many keys did you get that you feel jipped?

No matter what, as it was said earlier, PvP had FREE skins. You get it, you have it and can switch it around as you please. They are giving them charges as a “Sorry, your old system is gone, here’s a freebie to make up for it.” PvE has gotten stones all along. If you already used them, then you got your use out of them.

Astralporing.1957

Not nothing. They get BLC keys – which are a better reward by far.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Not nothing. They get BLC keys – which are a better reward by far.

That all depends on what you are going for and your opinion on what is in the Black Lion Chests.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Belzebu.3912

Map completion from cities was always guaranteed 3 transmutation stones, and after the update you’ll still get those.
Map completion from regular maps can give transmutation stones or BLCK (which is a superior reward) and after the update you’ll still be getting the same rewards.
Answer me why you’ll need to be rewarded if nothing is being changed.

Sir Vincent III.1286

1) This is not about whether the BLC Key is better or not — that’s subjective.

2) Nor this is about entitlement.

3) This is about what they said on the stream that map completion will reward Trans Charges.

That statement is vague based on the fact that map completion can reward BLC Key instead of the Trans Charges.

Are they going to remove the chances of BLC Key as reward and make the map completion 100% Trans Charges only reward?

Yes or No.

If Yes, are they going to provide Trans Charges to those who completed the map and did not get any Trans Charges?

Yes or No.

My question is really that simple folks.

Astralporing.1957

My question is really that simple folks.

And you keep being answered – the only form of compensation (if it even can be called that way) is being able to change Transformation Stones into charges at 3 stones to 1 charge ratio.
If you happened to not get transformation stones, but a BLC key, or if you decided to destroy whole stack of stones a week ago when clearing bank space, then no, you won’t be refunded for that. You will be able to convert only the stones you actually have.
Unless Anet changes their mind, of course, but i doubt they will.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I’ve 400 standard trans stones and 80 trans crystals I bought with gems (because trans stones don’t work on lvl 80 gear).

Still not complaining. It’s an addition of 133 useable trans charges, and my trans crystals still do exactly what I bought them for.

I doubt any of the people complaining will have anywhere near the same number of trans-crystals to feel as if they’d be entitled to some form of refund.

BigfootArisen.6509

No, they will not drop BL keys from the possible loot tables (its a low drop anyways, there is no way you did 100% world completion and didn’t get a single trans stone). They will not give you retroactive charges for every key you got. You can make other characters and go get more charges. PvP players can’t just go “Oh! I’ll make another character and get some ranks on it for more charges!” Rank is account bound. If someone has rank 40, that’s a considerable investment of time, even if they did Skyhammer. They can’t put that same amount of time into it and come out with 80. You can go and make another character, explore the world to 100% again, and get more than their 40 in less time.

Belzebu.3912

Are they going to remove the chances of BLC Key as reward and make the map completion 100% Trans Charges only reward?

Yes or No.

No.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Let me clarify what they meant on the stream.

As it stands if you complete a zone you recieve some random rewards with a chance for transmutation stones or black lion keys. If you complete a city you get a guaranteed 3 trans stones. People were concerned that with the removal of stones and new charge system that no charges would be awarded on city/map completion. The devs simply confirmed that a transmutation charge would be awarded instead of a 3 trans stones after the patch.

There is no difference in rewards for map completion. You will still have a chance for black lion keys after the patch. You will still have the same chance for keys/trans charges as before.