Transmutation mistake....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eldric.2109

Eldric.2109

Hi!, i had my gas mask skin applied to a low level helm, and i wanted to transmute the skin to my new exotic lvl 80 helm, and i managed to keep the exotic helm appearance, so my gas mask skin disappeared… would a transmutation splitter help me, or are that skin lost forever?

It would be so much better if we could get the skins in the achievement tab along with the achievement skins rewards….

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’m pretty well sure that is the point of the splitter item so yes it should help you out here. The only thing I could see messing with it is if you have transmuted another skin again already on the same item. I doubt that you have done this tho.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Eldric.2109

I converted 21gold to get a splitter, but all i could get back was the rune that was in the old helmet…

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

ouch…

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I know its a player mistake but I would at least try contacting support in the offchance they might help.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I know its a player mistake but I would at least try contacting support in the offchance they might help.

Yes I would also advise this, because really that’s the whole point of those splitters!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yes I would also advise this, because really that’s the whole point of those splitters!

The point of the splitters is to split the two parts of a transmuted item.
When transmuting if you don’t select at least the look or the stats from an item then that items is destroyed. In the case of a skin item there is only the skin.
The splitters are not meant for recovering destroyed items.

On the other hand this sort of thing is a great argument for why there should be some sort of locker for unlocking skins because even if someone is fully aware of how things work it is very easy to mess up.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

This happened to me with an Aetherized hammer skin. Bought a splitter and it only gave me the sigil of fire back. Contacted supported about the splitter not splitting and got no help and a wiki link.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

I used a splitter with my Jade GS and it gave back the the skin as an item and the GS I used the skin on.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Are you sure that you bought the splitter and not the upgrade extractor?
Upgrade extractor would do exactly what you mentioned.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why these rare skins can’t stay in unlocked reward locker with zenith and radians skins?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I used a splitter with my Jade GS and it gave back the the skin as an item and the GS I used the skin on.

That is not the same situation as the OP.

If you have transmute
Gas Mask / low level stats / rune
+
Exotic skin / exotic stat / no rune
into
Exotic skin / exotic stat / rune
then try to split that it(the resulting Exotic skin/exotic stat/rune from the low level item) will not give back the gas mask.

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

If you have transmute
+
into
then try to split that it(the resulting Exotic skin/exotic stat/rune from the low level item) will not give back the gas mask.

The above behavior sounds expected to me, but it does leave a question which hopefully the OP can answer.

OP – do you recall 3 different panel selections appearing when attempting the transmute of the low gas mask helm to the new level 80 exotic helm? If you do recall 3 selections, did you just accidentally select the wrong skin when attempting the transmute?

If this was an accidental selection, then yes, the splitter would not work, because the existence of the gas mask skin has been deleted. As such, the function of the accidental selection transmuted the rune from your old item, to your new item, while preserving the stats and skin of the new exotic helm. The Gas Mask, not being selected, is removed from the unique identifier within the item itself and would not be returned via a splitter.

Sorry you experienced this. Maybe support can provide assistance, but if it was an accident through your own behavior, I can’t be for sure

Good luck!

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Why these rare skins can’t stay in unlocked reward locker with zenith and radians skins?

I support this.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Eldric.2109

If you have transmute
+
into

The above behavior sounds expected to me, but it does leave a question which hopefully the OP can answer.

OP – do you recall 3 different panel selections appearing when attempting the transmute of the low gas mask helm to the new level 80 exotic helm? If you do recall 3 selections, did you just accidentally select the wrong skin when attempting the transmute?

If this was an accidental selection, then yes, the splitter would not work, because the existence of the gas mask skin has been deleted. As such, the function of the accidental selection transmuted the rune from your old item, to your new item, while preserving the stats and skin of the new exotic helm. The Gas Mask, not being selected, is removed from the unique identifier within the item itself and would not be returned via a splitter.

Sorry you experienced this. Maybe support can provide assistance, but if it was an accident through your own behavior, I can’t be for sure

Good luck!

Yes, i did the mistake of keeping the exotic skin, and only took the rune from the gasmask item… i guess its my own fault. but still annoying that a single mistake should waste my achievement reward for ever….

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I accidentally transmuted a gem store skin part and they refunded me the gems to re buy the skin, asking and trusting me to delete the non relavant parts (I did).

Items gained in game however are very different. They cannot just refund the skin part, they would have to refund the means of purchase. Since that is not possible, no go I am afraid.

And I do feel your pain, I did similar with my Mad King’s Tome. Put it on a new toon, deleted the toon… couldn’t get it back.