Transmutation points? why?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I guess people have just gotten used to the system. I wear outfits more than armor, though, because they’re free to change.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

You are not the only one that does not like the idea of the system in general. However many have plenty of transmutation points so it does not bother them.

Map completion and sPvP give a high chance of getting them. You don’t have to buy them you can earn them in game.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Demon Lord.6149

Demon Lord.6149

You are not the only one that does not like the idea of the system in general. However many have plenty of transmutation points so it does not bother them.

Map completion and sPvP give a high chance of getting them. You don’t have to buy them you can earn them in game.

well just like outfits are free why arent the other skins on the gem store also free which player buys and supports the game. alteast they should make that free right?

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

A while back I also suggested perhaps an unlimited transmutation stone. Sell them for x many gems, they get their money and we can put this dumb system behind us. Either that or I agree with you to get rid of the whole system.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

If everything that, according to some player or another, “should” be free were free, the game would not exist anymore. Or there’d be a monthly fee, take your pick.

Changing your appearance every other day is a convenience and a luxury. While leveling to 80 and doing map completion, you easily get enough charges to reskin your entire armour at least twice. Beyond that, you need to work for it, or be patient until you get more charges by playing normally.
Anyone who thinks they need to reskin every single piece of armour, all the time, regardless of level, is free to do so and buy charges for that purpose. But it is not vital to play the game, just to look fabulous. Therefore, anything beyond a bare minimum of charges needs to be bought in the shop or earned via map completion and/or PvP. This game has to generate a profit somehow. That the skins from the shop come with a free “charge” for the first use is already generous enough.

If you feel this pressing need to look amazing on every level, not just 80, may I suggest investing in an outfit or two? They are free to turn on and off, and you don’t need to waste charges on low-level gear that goes back to the vendor a few hours after buying it.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Demon Lord.6149

If everything that, according to some player or another, “should” be free were free, the game would not exist anymore. Or there’d be a monthly fee, take your pick.

Changing your appearance every other day is a convenience and a luxury. While leveling to 80 and doing map completion, you easily get enough charges to reskin your entire armour at least twice. Beyond that, you need to work for it, or be patient until you get more charges by playing normally.
Anyone who thinks they need to reskin every single piece of armour, all the time, regardless of level, is free to do so and buy charges for that purpose. But it is not vital to play the game, just to look fabulous. Therefore, anything beyond a bare minimum of charges needs to be bought in the shop or earned via map completion and/or PvP. This game has to generate a profit somehow. That the skins from the shop come with a free “charge” for the first use is already generous enough.

If you feel this pressing need to look amazing on every level, not just 80, may I suggest investing in an outfit or two? They are free to turn on and off, and you don’t need to waste charges on low-level gear that goes back to the vendor a few hours after buying it.

yes the skin u buy first time comes with a “free” charge. but i bought the skin its not like its a random armor skin that i have unlocked and should have to pay each time i feel like i want to use it after that “free” one time charge. i get it about the armor and about supporting the game for its profits. but isnt that what i did by buying that from gem store to begin with? why need i continue purchasing the points to even use my skin after the free charge is over? sure buy the outfits instead. why are they free and not other skins on the gem store. i have to now do all the maps and achievements to use the item i purchased? sounds lame to me.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

This is their way of making income outside of box sells. And this is very good one. First of all it affects only cosmetic side of the game, so whatever mode you want to play, you’re not limited without stones. Secondly and this is the most important aspect – you can farm them with normal gameplay or buy them with gold to gem conversion. So they are already “free” if you’re not lazy.

Guild Wars 2 has the best kind of gem shop – cosmetics and QoL items only and what’s more you can earn them all with gold. This is the way other games should go.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

A while back I also suggested perhaps an unlimited transmutation stone. Sell them for x many gems, they get their money and we can put this dumb system behind us. Either that or I agree with you to get rid of the whole system.

I would be very interested in such an item. What I’m afraid ANet would do though is make them a rare drop from a black lion chest, such as the permanent banker, hair stylist, etc… Which are less than 1:1000 drop rate for some of those items.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

can we please get rid of transmutation point system all together? it is so annoying having to buy these every time i want to change my look. changing my appearance should be of no cost. specially when i have bought a skin from gem store and have to continue to buy these lame points in order to use my skin each time i get a new piece of gear. am i seriously the only one complaining about this?

PvP is an easy way to get more transmutation charges. Also I believe in the past doing map completion rewarded you with crystals, not sure if that remains true in the new system though.

Demon Lord.6149

This is their way of making income outside of box sells. And this is very good one. First of all it affects only cosmetic side of the game, so whatever mode you want to play, you’re not limited without stones. Secondly and this is the most important aspect – you can farm them with normal gameplay or buy them with gold to gem conversion. So they are already “free” if you’re not lazy.

Guild Wars 2 has the best kind of gem shop – cosmetics and QoL items only and what’s more you can earn them all with gold. This is the way other games should go.

im sorry did u say this is the best system and all other ftp games should also adapt it? have you played TERA online? they are high on cosmetics and they dont even have a filthy system like this and they are doing great as far as making money. if anything gw2 should adapt their system. so about ur “lazy”, you expect people to waste endless hours farming gold to convert to gems then buy it for “free”? hows that free when u wasted that much time for someting that simple of a thing and spent god knows how much gold on it. but we are labeled lazy for doing endgame things instead and not just logging in game and only do is farm mobs all day for gold. go ahead farm it away bud i sure the hell aint. specially not for ssomething i payed for

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

can we please get rid of transmutation point system all together? it is so annoying having to buy these every time i want to change my look. changing my appearance should be of no cost. specially when i have bought a skin from gem store and have to continue to buy these lame points in order to use my skin each time i get a new piece of gear. am i seriously the only one complaining about this?

PvP is an easy way to get more transmutation charges. Also I believe in the past doing map completion rewarded you with crystals, not sure if that remains true in the new system though.

It does. You either get a T charge or a key, but from my experience the T charge is more likely.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

Guild Wars 2 isn’t f2p game.
You bought a game, you can play it – gem store is a place of additional services with its own prices. It’s like when you buy a car and want to add a spoiler – you have to buy it.

Transmutation charges can be farmed or bought with gold. With this being said any of your arguments poiting out to cash shop is irrelevant. Transmutation charge is an additional item that doesn’t prevent your gameplay in any way. Therefore you don’t need it. You want it. If you want it, go buy it. Or farm your gold. This is only your choice if you want it or not.

Current GW2 gem store is perfect. The content inside it is lackluster but it’s a topic for different discussion.