Transmutation stones rewards removed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Q:

Right now, when you finish exploring a capital city you get 3 transmutation stones as a reward. After the april 15th patch, are those gonna be changed to 3 transmutation charges? Or are they gonna be replaced by something else?

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I figure they’ll be changed into charges, but it never hurts to be on the ball. If they can make consumables for luck, I can see them doing the same with this.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If they do award Charges, it would most likely only be one, as Transmutation Stones will exchange at the rate of 3 Stones to one Charge.

Zanshin.5379

If they do award Charges, it would most likely only be one, as Transmutation Stones will exchange at the rate of 3 Stones to one Charge.

No, stones are 1 to 1.
Crystals are 1 to 3.

Zeivu.3615

You might want to check your facts again.

“If you’ve been hoarding Transmutation Stones and Crystals, don’t worry! When the Wardrobe goes live, you’ll be able to convert them into Transmutation Charges. Transmutation Crystals can be directly converted into charges, and Transmutation Stones can be converted at a
three-to-one rate.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

No, stones are 1 to 1.
Crystals are 1 to 3.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

No, stones are 1 to 1.
Crystals are 1 to 3.

No
stones are 3:1
crystals are 1:1

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

Zanshin.5379

I see. I thought the blue ones would give us 3 charges and the yellow 1.
But it’s the other way around, we need 3 yellow for 1 charge.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hmm …. so what happens if I have 5 stones?

Zeivu.3615

You only get one charge? I figure in the case of the ones already in your inventory will work like the cyphers and those nightmare chest keys that drop in Maguuma maps.

Hmm …. so what happens if I have 5 stones?

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I’m not actually sure the will give you one charge for exploring the capitol cities since they make money level 80 from transmutation in the gem store. They might remove the easy guaranteed way to get them so people can’t farm it but I haven’t heard anything about it so I don’t know.

Zeivu.3615

So do the BLC keys, but the game occasionally grants those from certain story completions.

Honestly, it’s only 5 charges per toon. (One for each city) That being said, there isn’t enough to customize each toon completely. Depending on the toon and the user’s play style, up to 8 more charges may be needed to have complete customization. With the Wardrobe, I can see a lot of them being sunk in the first week, as people are toying with looks and ‘children’ trying to one-up each other. It is possible, I suppose for users to farm them, as I have been doing it one at a time with my pre-existing 11 toons. However, I gotta, say it’s pretty grind-y and exhausting. I’m not half way through. Pre-existing users at this point probably would have to buy another character slot as well if they want to do this. Assuming the users are attached to their existing lv80 toons.

I’m not actually sure the will give you one charge for exploring the capitol cities since they make money level 80 from transmutation in the gem store. They might remove the easy guaranteed way to get them so people can’t farm it but I haven’t heard anything about it so I don’t know.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Zanshin.5379

Creating an asura, exploring Rata Sum, deleting him and doing it all again isn’t that long. That’s why I’m wondering if it’s gonna be nerfed.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Creating an asura, exploring Rata Sum, deleting him and doing it all again isn’t that long. That’s why I’m wondering if it’s gonna be nerfed.

Its only 10-15 min with as asura warrior, but its the worst job ever. Extremely boring. I can probably only take 1 hr of it daily.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Farming BL chest keys doesn’t take much longer, and yet they still haven’t removed them from personal story rewards. It’s just mind-numbingly boring, almost noone is going to do much of that. (and people that would are the same people that would farm gold to buy gems, but would never pay real money themselves).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Farming BL chest keys doesn’t take much longer, and yet they still haven’t removed them from personal story rewards. It’s just mind-numbingly boring, almost noone is going to do much of that. (and people that would are the same people that would farm gold to buy gems, but would never pay real money themselves).

Farming BL chest keys is pretty long – its about 25-30 min in my experience; loading etc travelling inc. Maybe a v fast guy can do it in 20 or less but its lvl limited – not much u can do to improve speed.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Zanshin.5379

Its only 10-15 min with as asura warrior, but its the worst job ever. Extremely boring. I can probably only take 1 hr of it daily.

But it’s one piece of armor each time, so for one character’s complete set it’s not that long. Just spread it out on a few days.