Transmute down Armour?

Transmute down Armour?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

Lets Say I really like the look if the cultural tier 2 armour for my guy but he is only level 14. Can I use transmutation stones to put the look on a piece of Low end armour that my guy can wear?

I tried to search the forums for an answer but I didn’t find anything.

Is their some way I can get the Tier 2 Cultural armour look with out being level 60?

Transmute down Armour?

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Yup, you need to be able to buy/afford the higher level armor though. I’ve done it with crafted armor (transmuted lvl50 armor look onto lvl20 stat armor). Its gonna cost you alot of t-stones (depending on how many armor pieces) to keep that armor skin till max level though.

(This should probably be in Players Helping Players section by the way).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Transmute down Armour?

Grazingcattle.1627

Awesome! My level 14 dude will be awesome looking before he knows it!

Transmute down Armour?

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

yes you can transmute the look onto low level armour, but you will end up using alot of transmutation stones along the way to keep the stats up. if thats what you want to do though, go for it

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Transmute down Armour?

Grazingcattle.1627

I have like 90 of them so I figure I will be ok for one alt

Transmute down Armour?

Posted by: Desova.5821

Desova.5821

It shouldn’t be a problem quantity-wise, because I (and many others, from what I’ve seen on forums) seem to have gotten more Basic Transmutation Stones than we know what to do with. I’ve used quite a few so far and I still have 26 extras of them lying around at the mo. And, I haven’t purchased a single one of them from the gem store.

tasija trickshot | [LZZ] les zélateurs de zaun | arborstone

Transmute down Armour?

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Say you replace your armor every 10 levels. Say you wanna keep the chest shoulders and legs of a set. From 10 to 80, you’re needing 21 basic T-stones. It’s not that bad, given how many you get for zone completes and achieves. I use em as often as I care to, and still have an increasing stack.

Black Lion Traders express are the ones that really pile up for me. I just never needed the money that bad that I wanna pop one out.

Transmute down Armour?

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

I got that medium armour hat-with-a-feather-in-it at level 35 in Ascalonian Catacombs and I haven’t looked back; I’ve transmuted it so many times it must be starting to have holes.

Currently I have the stats of level 80 crafted exotics, the skin of tier 2 female norn cultural armour… and my jaunty feather hat.

Transmute down Armour?

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

The only problem with transmuting armor when your char is that level is you’re going to end up doing a LOT of transmuting (at least every 5 levels). I would suggest you stick to only one or two pieces, not the whole set.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.