Transmuting level 80 gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Q:

Why do you have to buy gems in order to transmute level 80 gear?

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

They’re a company, they have to make money somehow. Also gold to gems helps immensely if you’re not in a position to buy gems with cash.

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

Way to make money, isn’t too bad though, could be worse. Given that you can use gold to get gems it costs I think about 7g for 5 which is most of a set. Superior sigil of bloodlust, and a few good exotics are about that sorta price range at the moment so just fits in with everything else unless you want to pay real money for it. I wish they’d add a way to buy singles though instead of all 5, considering 7/8 is the max you’ll use on 1 set.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

You do not have to buy the transmutation crystals through the gem store, or at all; do zone completion, do your personal story, you have a chance at getting some through those reward chests. I’ve never once bought lvl 80 transmutation crystals from the gem store yet I’ve never run out of them. I still have like 13 of them sitting in my bank, and I use them quite a lot with my having several level 80 characters that I outfit freqeuently as well as transmuting level 80 item skins onto my new characters at level 15 so I have the look I want from pretty much the beginning.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Eidola.9148

Eidola.9148

Neither my partner, nor I, have ever received the level 80 transmute gems via zone completion or personal story.

The wiki seems to indicate the only method of obtaining them is via the Gem Store, or Black Lion Chests.

I just hit level 80 for the first time, completed a zone, and while I got a couple level 70 exotics (was in a lower level zone) I did not get level 80 transmute gems, just the standard level 1-79 ones.

Sadly I am now stuck wearing armor I am not partial to until next week when I can afford some more gems… I would use gold but my other characters will not let me use their gold for gems! ;o)

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Would be nice if you could make the crystals from the stones via mystic forge. I have 100% map completion and over 100 stones but 0 crystals. I have ABSOLUTELY ZERO use for stones. When I finally made a new character and spent money on level 80 exotics that’s when I realized the stones don’t work on level 80 gear, wish I’d known this so I would buy level 79 exotics instead.

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

You can buy the lev80 crystal from the store via gems as mentioned but you also have a chance to get them from the daily chest.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You definitely have a chance to get them from black lion chests, which you do get some keys for from personal stories and occassionlly from zone completions as well. They drop in world too, but so rarely it’s not really worth mentioning.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

i get only 1-79 transmutation stones from dailies on 80lvl toons for months now. can someone confirm that you can really get 80lvl transmutation crystals from dailies?

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

i get only 1-79 transmutation stones from dailies on 80lvl toons for months now. can someone confirm that you can really get 80lvl transmutation crystals from dailies?

You used to be able to, but you’d only get one, and rarely at that.

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Still can, i got one in the middle of last week. But as you said it is only 1 and they are rare.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

farm gold in cof p1, convert gold to gem, buy stones.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

Getting the 80 crystals from anywhere except gem store is more of a bonus. I’ve never seen 1 as a reward for map completion or dailies etc so I wouldn’t rely on that, and like I said it’s pretty cheap jus to convert gold to gems.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have mostly gotten crystals form story completion ( I think) dailies and map completion.
I did buy some to outfit my Engi but the very next day I got 3 again.
I am also very lucky with Black lion Kits- as soon as ons runs out I get another for a daily.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Neither my partner, nor I, have ever received the level 80 transmute gems via zone completion or personal story.

I just got one Transmute Crystal yesterday on a daily. It wasn’t even the first time. Yes, it’s extremely rare – but it happens.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Eidola.9148

Eidola.9148

Well one crystal won’t do me much good… so off to the Gem Store I go!

Using the Mystic Forge to convert 4 level 1-79 crystals to 1 level 80 crystal would be nice, but probably won’t happen any time soon.