Transmuting onto a legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silhouette.5241

Silhouette.5241

Is it possible to transmute a different skin onto a legendary item?

Also, does the item remain a legendary after it has been transmuted to look different? Can its stats still be changed outside of combat?

Background: I would love to make a legendary longbow, but the Kudzu skin really does not fit my color scheme. Call me crazy, but I would love a legendary Tormented Longbow.

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

Yes. It is just a cosmetic so its still the same bow. I have been ragged by friends to not defile a legendary like that but whatever looks good. ????

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yes, it’s possible. Yes, it maintains its stats and its ability to change stats.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yes you can, if I ever make one of the GS, it’s going to get reskined in a heart beat.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Why dont you like them Belial?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

They are too flashy for me, I like my weapons to look like weapons not a special effects stick. I have the Flameseeker prophecies, I really like that shield. It go’s well with my rev.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

I plan on transmuting mine when I get it, I’m not going run around looking like im dropping skittles and firing my little ponies.

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

This was the dreamer.

Attachments:

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

yes you can make 1 legendary and transmute its skin to another weapon and “dual weild” legendaries.

Can also make a new character and transmute the starting weapon into the legenadary and run around the tutorial area with one

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

They are too flashy for me, I like my weapons to look like weapons not a special effects stick. I have the Flameseeker prophecies, I really like that shield. It go’s well with my rev.

Pretty much this. I am not a big fan of quite a few legendary weapons. While i do apreciate that the have to be some sort of visual upgrade but so far the gs, old Staff and old axe have never been my personal style. The gs would be fine if it was about 2\3 thinner you see. I do like the galant skin for instance and would transform into it if i had one ( legy gs that is). As it stands i am the guild scribe and i doubt i will make another legy

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Most legendaryes are extremely tacky. Only one I’v ever liked is HOPE.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: NayNay.7680

NayNay.7680

I’m glad to see there are other people who dislike the legendary surfboard swords. If you look at them sideways the blade disappears entirely! Transmute them all into Guild Busters.

Ral Xarek | Asura Elementalist
Peacemaker Ral |Asura Mesmer

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

someone said this once. makes some sense for people who don’t liek the current legendary looks

if we can’t have anet’s legendaries, maybe we can have our own.

Since anet has suspended their plans for new legendaries, they should put a method in place for us to build a legendary we could actually be proud of, and would feel unique to wield.

i think a lot of folks don’t want to use the overly flashy, often silly looking legendary weapons, that everyone already has anyways. but it would be nice to have the footfall and the stat swapping. this way people can see it, know you got a legendary, and its not exactly the same as the one that guy/gal has over there because they are also using a greatsword.

lets look at the formula for a legendary which is simple:

precursor X + gift of X + gift of fortune + gift of mastery

fortune and mastery are easy, they already exist.

we have a conceptual framework for crafting precursor’s, but what if we could bend it a little to make the precursor achievements offer us a gift of X, or something that can then be used to make a gift of X. this gift can basically determine what kind of footfall you make.

And since the precursor achievement gives us a gift of X, let say the precursor X can be any weapon, Lord Taeres’s Shadow or even Royal Ascalonian Dagger, whatever you wanted to make legendary. i know this can be totally variable so someone could use something xtra expensive, or xtra cheap. devs can just make the gift of X achievement super expensive so that this doesn’t become a cheap way to make a weapon w/ stat swapping.

it’d give me more incentive to make a legendary. there are a lot of skins i like more than the current set of legendaries. w/ a framework like this, i could still look/feel good wielding a legendary w/o having to wield a weapon that doesn’t fit the theme/look that i want for my character

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

If you re-reskin them back to legendaries do their effects come back? If you get a normal weapon and reskin it to the legendary one does it get the footsteps etc?

The things I don’t know in this game despite having played it for so long.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Why make a legendary if you don’t like how it looks? Would it not be easier to get ascended if it is just about the stats?

Just genuinely curious here, not hatin. I guess it makes sense if it is for the ability to swap stats at any time.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Why make a legendary if you don’t like how it looks? Would it not be easier to get ascended if it is just about the stats?

Just genuinely curious here, not hatin. I guess it makes sense if it is for the ability to swap stats at any time.

I do not
The ones i care for i make. I how ever understand people getting sick of the skin of their legy. As i said in case of the gs legy i would love it to be the scale of the galant gs, keep the effects and textures.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

If you re-reskin them back to legendaries do their effects come back? If you get a normal weapon and reskin it to the legendary one does it get the footsteps etc?

The things I don’t know in this game despite having played it for so long.

Absolutely, You can reskin it back. And as you asked you can apply the skin to as many weapons you want. Even level 1 white weapons. The effects are attached to the skin so you’ll get the footfalls, the auras, the effects, sound effects, everything.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Seriously it’s completely useless to craft a legendary if you don’t intend to keep the skin. Even for stats swapping, you better craft 2 or 3 ascended weapons, at least they can have their own sigils and it’s way cheaper…

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t think I’ve ever changed the stats on my legendary since I got it.

But yes you can transmute the actual legendary and it will retain stat swapping and everything else except the skin and effects.

You can also apply the skin to another weapon and gain the skin, effects and footprints. But it will still have the same stats it had before – if you put the skin on a level 2 white weapon it won’t suddenly be ascended quality and you won’t be able to swap the stats. It will just look like a legendary.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Silhouette.5241

Silhouette.5241

Very cool, thanks for the responses. That suddenly makes crafting legendaries a lot more attractive to me Think I will go with a Legendary Tormented Longbow and a Twilight (one of the few skins I do like).