'Tribal' light skins no longer available?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

Are these no longer accessible or has anyone gotten any of these skins in one of the new PvP reward tracks?

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

At the moment they’re unavailable but I’m sure they’ll make a return eventually.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I’m required to chime in every single time I see a thread regarding this.

We. Need. This. Armor. Back.

Karma vendor, PvP reward track, whatever. We just need a way to unlock this skin, and all the other PvP skins, and soon.

I’ll continue to make at least one post every time the Tribal Armor is brought up, so you guys don’t forget how much I want this skin for PvE. Thanks!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I want those PvP masquerade armor skins for PvE too, but unfortunately for me, I HATE sPvP, so I guess I will never be able to get them.

The ironic thing is, I have over 15k badges of honor, and despite all my WvW’ing, those skins aren’t obtainable with Badges of Honor. The rewards for sPvP gear should be obtainable through other currencies like WvW badges, Karma, Dungeon Tokens etc. etc. but it isn’t :-(

So much for ‘playing the way you want’ as described upon GW2’s release.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I want those PvP masquerade armor skins for PvE too, but unfortunately for me, I HATE sPvP, so I guess I will never be able to get them.

The ironic thing is, I have over 15k badges of honor, and despite all my WvW’ing, those skins aren’t obtainable with Badges of Honor. The rewards for sPvP gear should be obtainable through other currencies like WvW badges, Karma, Dungeon Tokens etc. etc. but it isn’t :-(

You can play exactly as you want. What you cannot do is pick your single favorite way to play, play only that way, and still expect to have access to all the game’s loot through only that progression.

Though that’s an aside. I completely agree that all the PvP armor should be available. At the very least make it obtainable as sPvP rewards.

Why do you dislike sPvP? I’m truly curious, speaking as someone who only attempted PvP twice before the update. Now it’s my favorite part of the game.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

No one believes this game is actually “play the way you want” to gain every possible reward.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I’d like to get legendaries by dancing on top of a light post in Queensdale. I don’t imagine that will happen either

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I vote to keep this armor restricted.

Posted by: Blair.3796

Blair.3796

I vote to keep this armor restricted.

Do you mean completely unobtainable, or only attainable through PvP? Because I want to be able to get the armor, but I’m completely willing to do sPvP to get it.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Even people that unlocked it in SPvP do not have it anymore, since it was converted into Masquerade Armor. So currently there is no way to get this set, or have owned this set, for anyone.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Even people that unlocked it in SPvP do not have it anymore, since it was converted into Masquerade Armor. So currently there is no way to get this set, or have owned this set, for anyone.

Those of us who had it in our PvP locker have it unlocked for all characters, just like every other piece of armour.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Those of us who had it in our PvP locker have it unlocked for all characters, just like every other piece of armour.

Odd, I don’t have mine anymore… And my friends don’t have their tribal armor anymore.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

In the wardrobe tab, the Tribal Armor is in there (towards the end), it’s just that the preview icons for the set shows the Masquerade armor.

I imagine that if/when they bring the Tribal armor back to attainability, they’ll update the preview icons to accurately display the armor set. But really, I could care less about the icons, I just want that armor back.