Trick or Treat Bag open All

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

There needs to be a way to click a menu option and open all the Trick or Treat bags you can in a single click instead of clicking on your mouse 250 times. Similar to how you added the Salvage All option to Salvage Kits, you should have an Open All option for the Trick or Treat Bags. I realize after the option you would be encumbered. The user would have to manage their bags at that point, but it’d be way easier to do that.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

None of the “bag” items have open all, so I don’t imagine these will be any different. Part of it would be because opening the bags is partially dependent on your inventory space. I think it needs to check after each bag is opened whether you still have possible space or you’d be overloaded. Sorry, but I think the engine works against you here.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In fact, there doesn’t “need to be a way” to open all bags. It would be a great QoL feature. But as you’ve noticed, there are all sorts of other issues that would create.

One consequence of “salvage all” is that people don’t spend as much time checking the value of things in their inventory that don’t look valuable. One consequence of “open-all” is that more people would open all, rather than selling bags on the TP. Both those things have long-term economic impacts on the game’s economy.

None of the above prevents ANet from working on “open all” or ultimately implementing it — it does mean it’s something that they won’t be do lightly. There are lots of other QoL changes that might be more important or be less effort or have easier-to-predict consequences.

In short, we can live without it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: byolith.8160

byolith.8160

None of the “bag” items have open all, so I don’t imagine these will be any different. Part of it would be because opening the bags is partially dependent on your inventory space. I think it needs to check after each bag is opened whether you still have possible space or you’d be overloaded. Sorry, but I think the engine works against you here.

Salvage all is also dependant on your inventory space. It stops salvaging when your bag gets full, so I don’t see how this system would be so different.

:: Gandara ::
- Rhéidyn :: Thief

Posted by: Noodle.2085

Noodle.2085

Here’s a solution to your problem. I use this for every stack of items I have. Be it tons of luck, tons of bags of loot, tons of trick or treat bags.

Step 1: Get Autohotkey. You probably have it if you have an instrument already.

Step 2: Make a new .txt file.

Step 3: Paste the following code in the txt file:

Pause
Loop
{
MouseClick, left
}
Pause::Pause

Step 4: Save the txt file ,change the extension to .ahk instead.

Step 5: Doubleclick the .ahk file.

Step 6: Go to Guild Wars 2, hold your mouse over the trick or treat bags. And then press the ‘pause’ key on your keyboard.

This will toggle a click spam you can’t imagine. You can turn it off again by pressing the ‘pause’ key once more. Enjoy your wall of loot!

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Right Click → Sell on Trading Post.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

Here’s a solution to your problem. I use this for every stack of items I have. Be it tons of luck, tons of bags of loot, tons of trick or treat bags.

Step 1: Get Autohotkey. You probably have it if you have an instrument already.

Step 2: Make a new .txt file.

Step 3: Paste the following code in the txt file:

Pause
Loop
{
MouseClick, left
}
Pause::Pause

Step 4: Save the txt file ,change the extension to .ahk instead.

Step 5: Doubleclick the .ahk file.

Step 6: Go to Guild Wars 2, hold your mouse over the trick or treat bags. And then press the ‘pause’ key on your keyboard.

This will toggle a click spam you can’t imagine. You can turn it off again by pressing the ‘pause’ key once more. Enjoy your wall of loot!

I was under the impression you can be banned for creating macros like this. If we are allowed to create a toggle for infinite loops in this fashion I will gladly map this to my logitech keyboard.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I was under the impression you can be banned for creating macros like this.

You could be, as it’s a violation of the Terms of Service and their stated policy on “one click, one action”.

If we are allowed to create a toggle for infinite loops in this fashion I will gladly map this to my logitech keyboard.

You won’t get anyone at ANet to come out and say this is acceptable. In fact, Gaile is on record as saying she won’t do it, despite finding it as much of a pain sometimes as others have posted that they do.

That said, ANet isn’t likely to go after anyone for just this macro. I’m fairly certain that those claiming to have opened 100k or more bags every year use something like that.

I don’t do it because I don’t want to give an over-zealous Tier 1 Support person any excuse to suspend my account or even infract it. I’ve opened hundreds of thousands of bags since launch without hurting my mouse or my hand, so I’m okay with the status quo. (I collect a fair amount of drop data from bags, so I’m reasonably sure I’ve opened at least a few 100k of this or that.)

Instead, here are my favorite two work-arounds:

• As someone stated above: sell on the TP and buy the stuff you really want. (Turns out, this saves you gold in the long run.)
  • If you really want to open, turn on Windows MouseKeys™. That turns your NumPad [+] into a left-click. If you then type “Trick” into your inventory’s search filter, you can press the numpad key until all the bags are open.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Please implement open all for ToT bags. My guild said they would make me an officer if I got this implemented.

Pretty please. With sugar on top.