Triforge Pendant vs Syzygy

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grim Reaper CZ.9274

Grim Reaper CZ.9274

So is there any difference between Triforge Pendant(ascended) and Syzygy? I’m asking because I’d like to make the Triforge Pendant but, it is more time-consuming to gather the materials for it than earn just 30 laurels to buy the Syzygy from Laurel Vendor. So is there any advantage in getting Triforge Pendant? If not, they really should improve it because it is not worth the time/money.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Its up to you i find the gen. items being a bit on the week side but if your build to use every thing then i guess its not so bad.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triforge_Pendant_%28ascended%29
vs
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Syzygy

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

Triforge is more highly regarded among Zelda fans.

However from a gameplay perspective I would go with Syzygy. In my opinion, the Laurels amulets stand a greater chance to be given an (Infused) recipe in the future since they are listed along with the rings.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: Grim Reaper CZ.9274

Grim Reaper CZ.9274

I use both damage and conditions so it’s perfect for me, otherwise I’d choose something else.

Toxyn: I like the look of it but I’m not going to spend that money just for icon, you know. I’m disappointed but thanks for the explanation.

(edited by Grim Reaper CZ.9274)

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

Triforge is more highly regarded among Zelda fans.

However from a gameplay perspective I would go with Syzygy. In my opinion, the Laurels amulets stand a greater chance to be given an (Infused) recipe in the future since they are listed along with the rings.

I’m considering crafting the triforge pendant and upgrading it…

Do items bought with laurels, like Syzygy, have a better chance of being upgraded by ANET in the future over crafted items like the triforge pendant?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

I use both damage and conditions so it’s perfect for me, otherwise I’d choose something else.

Toxyn: I like the look of it but I’m not going to spend that money just for icon, you know. I’m disappointed but thanks for the explanation.

there is power precision condition damage which is better.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Personally I’m going for the Triforge pendant purely because of the Zelda reference.

But in terms of stats there is no difference and Syzygy is easier to get. I suspect both have an equal chance of being upgraded if/when that happens. When Ascended amulets were first added Anet seem to have forgotten about the Triforge but when players queried what was going to happen to it and that it would be a shame for something that takes so much time and effort to make (and is popular with a large group of players) to be obsolete they quickly added an ascended version.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

To those of you clueless people: the Triforge Pendant isn’t a Zelda reference. Triforge Industries was the name of ArenaNet before it became, well, ArenaNet. They may have thrown 3 triangles into one just so that others would get that there was an Easter egg there, but the initial intentions were an Easter egg devoted to ArenaNet’s homage.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

To those of you clueless people: the Triforge Pendant isn’t a Zelda reference. Triforge Industries was the name of ArenaNet before it became, well, ArenaNet. They may have thrown 3 triangles into one just so that others would get that there was an Easter egg there, but the initial intentions were an Easter egg devoted to ArenaNet’s homage.

“True greatness comes for those who have wisdom to do right, the courage to embark, and the power to follow through.” — Logan Thackeray

Errrrrr…..

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Actually I think it’s a reference to both. (And it’s likely the name Triforge Industries was a Triforce reference too.)

It’s not just the shape that refers to the Triforce. The reference to Power, Wisdom and Courage in the quote is a pretty strong hint – those are the 3 traits the Triforce embodies. The colours also match those associated with the 3 traits in the Zelda series (blue for Wisdom, red for Power and green for Courage) and the fact that the pendant is made up of 3 separate ones, one of each colour.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”