Triforge pendant and it's future fate.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

I’ve been wondering what will happen to it. It is an all-around amulet with nice icon/signature and requires a lot of gold to make. Will it just get perished by ascended amulets that are yet to come(I would imagine there will be similar to triforge all-around amulets just like there are such ascended rings). What should I expect, that it will be forgotten and forsaken, or that it will be promoted to ascended(in terms of stats) just like legendaries are going to be?
My personal opinion is that there will be a way to combine it with other components to make an ascended version of triforge amulet. I am mainly hoping to get arenanet staff response about that :P

Attachments:

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Quite the epic item to b\e overrun by stupid ascended additions :\

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I spent a LOT of gold on my triforge pendant and I will be sad to see it be replaced by some ascended gear.

I’m hoping it won’t be completely irrelevant afterwards but judging from recent changes, it will be.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

yup i got mine and a week later………….JK tier gear we said wasnt comeing is now comeing……. sigh

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

big deal..its a novelty piece..its for bragging rights more than power, specialization is better in this game than all encompassing stats.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

What makes me laugh is people complain about ascended gear (OH NO a tiny bit of extra stats!) that cost a ton of money to make.

Yet this whole time Triforge Pendant exists and you don’t see anyone complaining about that.

Evalia.7103

big deal..its a novelty piece..its for bragging rights more than power, specialization is better in this game than all encompassing stats.

It’s better in term of stats than any other alternative, if you are capable of utilizing crit dmg/prec/power/toughness/vit – and you get conddmg/hpower/MF as a cherry on top.
My warrior is quite capable of doing it.
And thats not what matters, it’s pretty much a really cool end game item that should not be bested by ascended…

(edited by Evalia.7103)

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

I would think that for upgradeable.pendantv1 there would be a recipe to make upgradeable.pendantv2

Wasabi Kitty.8247

What makes me laugh is people complain about ascended gear (OH NO a tiny bit of extra stats!) that cost a ton of money to make.

Yet this whole time Triforge Pendant exists and you don’t see anyone complaining about that.

Because triforge pendant has been around since the start.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Because triforge pendant has been around since the start.

Exactly.

Which is what is funny, if ascended had been a thing since release people wouldn’t even bat an eyelash. Suddenly it’s added a little late and everyone screams gear treadmill.

I can understand people being annoyed who overspent to outfit their char with exotics only for ascended to be announced finally, but still.

As to the OP, it would be awesome if they changed all ascended equipment to require a lvl 80 Exotic of the same slot as a requirement. Triforge could be used to make an ascended equivalent. Same goes for the current ascended back/ring pieces.

(edited by Knote.2904)

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The main reason I’d like an ascended version of the Triforge Pendant is because of the associated lore and trivia. I wouldn’t even mind if they just made it so that you can transmute it into a regular ascended item.

Because let’s face it, Legend of Zelda’s cool…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

that’s because it isn’t and out right upgrade to anything. A lot of people would g as far as openly laugh at the suckers that acquired that trap of an item….

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Exactly.

Which is what is funny, if ascended had been a thing since release people wouldn’t even bat an eyelash. Suddenly it’s added a little late and everyone screams gear treadmill.

It’s not funny. It’s normal.

If ascended had been here from the start, Exotic wouldn’t have been max armor. People wouldn’t have aimed for exotic to complete their character and start playing. Just like how normal people don’t go around trying to get the best rare for their level, because they know that when they are leveling, they will replace this rare in a few hours, and when they are 80, they would be better off going for exotic since it is(was) max.

They waited until the majority of player had their max armor to introduce the new max set, which is exactly what a treadmill is. You think you’ve reached the end just to be forced to start running again, because the end is not there, and probably never will because it’s always just a little bit further. Everytime you’re about to get to it, it go a little bit further.

(edited by Haishao.6851)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s better in term of stats than any other alternative, if you are capable of utilizing crit dmg/prec/power/toughness/vit – and you get conddmg/hpower/MF as a cherry on top.
My warrior is quite capable of doing it.

If you go for crit dmg, you practicaly have to max precision, because all that +crit damage is useless if you don’t crit. MF is meaningless unless you have a fumm MF gear. And so on, and so on. Divinity type stats offer more points in exchange of sacrificing specialization – specialized builds will always be better than general ones in all categories. That is a valid trade-off. Triforge pendant is way overpriced for it’s usefullness – it’s not actually worth any more than normal lev 80 exotic amulets.

Ascended gear is not that – you just get more stats.

And yes, i’m pretty sure that eventually we’ll get an ascended version of triforge amulet, which will cost even more (no, no, that’s no grind! You are supposed to have fun farming mats/gold for it!).
I fully expect that owners of the exotic version will need to get a new one the normal way – the same as everyone else whose equipment will get devalued by new tier.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The Triforge Pendant is an easter egg of the Triforce from the Zelda games.

‘’True greatness comes for those who have wisdom to do right, the courage to embark, and the power to follow through.’’

Triforce of Wisdom, is what Zelda got.
Triforce of Courage, is what Link got.
Triforce of Power, is what Ganondorf got.

Sorry, just had to throw that in here.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yeah I hope it just gets boosted up to ascended level. Big Zelda fan so I really want it and it practically requires the same effort for current ascended gear anyway.

Same with the exotics skins from the Mystic forge.

Posted by: Tael.5432

Tael.5432

Do you guys think part of the problem is that everything is soul-bound on equip?

I mean, that makes it impossible to sell all your equipment, to upgrade to the next tier. If things weren’t soul-bound you could just sell up now or later, and upgrade.

Fairy Tael – Elementalist

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

nah, would just make the elite players even more rich to do that honestly. I still think its a bragging pendant, the stat difference isnt enough to save you or warrant past stats you build your toon for and it takes a boatload of gems to make..just doesnt seem worth it to me.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

…and the power to follow through.

i have this power and spare pants…

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Do not take this as an attempt to bash the game, but now that GW2 has entered the realm of vertical gear progression, expect the item to be character bound trash in about half a year or one.

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

Aren’t there something like… THREE Ascended items at the moment?

And they are ALL secondary items — not a single primary item in the bunch?

So doesn’t that make all those Exotics worthwhile still?

They even said that the Ascended gear would be rolled out slowly. December doesn’t even show plans to have a new dungeon with more Ascended items in them, so that’s another month of life at least out of every non-Ascended available slot right now.

Overblown complaints are overblown.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Arenanet will likely make it part of the recipe required to make the ascended necklace.

They would be silly not to.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

They even said that the Ascended gear would be rolled out slowly. December doesn’t even show plans to have a new dungeon with more Ascended items in them, so that’s another month of life at least out of every non-Ascended available slot right now.

that was no complaint, it is neither good nor bad inherently, but the nature of the beast. Once progression like we see it now is introduced, there will be no turning back, deal with it.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Triforge is the original name of Arena.Net

check wiki.

Posted by: oney.5067

oney.5067

i miss gw1 where all the gear had the same stats and all that changed between different pieces was the look and what runes we put into it

Wasabi Kitty.8247

We all miss it.

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Apart from emotional ties to Anets Original name, I see no reason to work for the Triforge, the stats are meh at best. Better off with an exotic that focuses on better stats for your character.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Vendor price 5s28c.

Not bad. I’d take that over the salvage for a non-max gem ankittenhral or Ori ore.

Edit: why am I having to fight the censor to say the t5 metal name?

(edited by Surbrus.6942)

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Given the information we were given about the future of ascended gear, via the recent reddit AMA, I wouldn’t be suprised if high end items like the triforge simply got an ascended upgrade recipie via crafting.

I mean, for the triforge especially, it seems it would be silly not to just add more upgrade options as it is already a great example of how crafting a powerful item should always work.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Bring on the next expansion, where the new level Blues replace our old Exotics! Don’t fall behind the curve people!!

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

…..

In order of power, stat-wise:
- coat
- amulet
- leggings / RING / RING
- headpiece / accessory / accessory
- gloves / boots / shoulders
- BACKPIECE

Yeah, rings are totally secondary. Or maybe you think that trinkets are secondary because you don’t see them like an armor but they are little more than HALF of your total stat-bonus

Posted by: Shahiel.8342

Shahiel.8342

I like how fitting the flavor text is to ascended items.
“The courage to embark and the power to follow through.”

Evalia.7103

how about a bumpy? ;P

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Aren’t the stats of the Triforge Amulet more or less that of an Ascended item in itself? If so, it should be a simple matter just to change its tier to Ascended in a future build, and make it infusable.

I suspect that ANet will introduce new recipes down the line that let crafters create their own Ascended tier items, as well as the ability to upgrade Exotic items to Ascended versions through the Mystic Forge, thus providing some progression from Exotic to Ascended without having to replace one’s entire equipment in the process.

Wasabi Kitty.8247

No they’re exotic level stats.

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

ankittenhral

How is “and (a) mithral” worthy of being censored?

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

actually the triforge pendant (assuming the wiki is correct) have a total of 320 stats (assuming the 3% MF and critical dmg each equal 40 stat again like all the otehrs stats on it are), where an exotic amulet seem to have 218, so it have more than exotic stats, cant find an ascended item online nor have it ingame yet so dunno how much they have

Posted by: Blarrg.8305

Blarrg.8305

ankittenhral

How is “and (a) mithral” worthy of being censored?

Maybe kitten? Yup

anD (A) MIThral

\m/ \m/

(edited by Blarrg.8305)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

actually the triforge pendant (assuming the wiki is correct) have a total of 320 stats (assuming the 3% MF and critical dmg each equal 40 stat again like all the otehrs stats on it are), where an exotic amulet seem to have 218, so it have more than exotic stats, cant find an ascended item online nor have it ingame yet so dunno how much they have

Ascended divinity type items also have more total stats than the specialized versions of the same tier. There has to be a trade-off for them having lower individual stats.
Current triforge stats are exotic level.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Not only the tryforge pendant, but also rare exotic weapons(like the foefire series), mystic weapons, cultural armor (that are really expensive) need some deep love, when the ascended set will be fully released.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL