Triple Trouble need nerf or better scaling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Triple Trouble needs to be nerfed for get a better scaling system for when not enough dps is there. the fungus isnt helping.

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

Necroing this for discussion.

I think its overkill for a world boss (random-pug-starter-new-afk-leechers-whatever)
If you organise group, random people came in and scales up, making it harder.
Even you done it, rewards not that worthy, (Do achiev and forget)

What i suggest ? Nerf scaling, make it doable if enough players doing what is needed.

(edited by Fivona.5061)

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

I agree, it’s by far the hardest world-event to do, and that only being 1 head to deal with, let alone all 3.

It needs WAY too many people for starters, and it’s very unforgiving, see TeQ can be a challenge but goes smooth with organization, still it’s somewhat forgiving to a number of possible mistakes

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I say leave it where it is in terms of difficulty but have the completion of the objective have a significant chance of dropping a precursor.

We need some impossi-hard in this game.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

The problem with this is it becomes a highly exclusive event to one instance, if you fail to get in that instance it’s play the “World is full” simulator till you can get some poor chap d/cing and nab their spot, or you are out.

Right now it’s impossible to get players to stay around on a non-main instance because they just give up and leave knowing it’s impossible to do thanks to the absolutely ridiculous scaling.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Or gather everyone else and try it in another instance.

Sarevok.2638

Or gather everyone else and try it in another instance.

Why do you think I said people leave? We tried that, upon seeing the taxi lfg’s people leaped immediating thinking it was the main one..

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

The problem with this is it becomes a highly exclusive event to one instance, if you fail to get in that instance it’s play the “World is full” simulator till you can get some poor chap d/cing and nab their spot, or you are out.

Right now it’s impossible to get players to stay around on a non-main instance because they just give up and leave knowing it’s impossible to do thanks to the absolutely ridiculous scaling.

I 100% agree. I had to join TTS guild to do the achievements, then leave it – and doing the achievements is all it’s really worth doing – I’m still surprised so many people keep re-doing it. What a wacky and counter intuitive structure to a group event.

I wonder if the population of game play falls enough, will they change it then?

Posted by: Wisp.9725

Wisp.9725

I do this world boss daily with a success rate of around 60-75%. There are plenty of guilds that do public runs of this. You just need to join them in a TeamSpeak and taxi onto their map. It’s more involved than Tequatl, but that’s the point. You put in more effort to overcome a harder challenge. You must work with other players in an organized setting to beat Triple Trouble.

tl;dr: don’t change the boss, but maybe have it drop more than just two gold, a bunch of masterworks, and a chance at a mini and crappy ascended armor

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

I do this world boss daily with a success rate of around 60-75%. There are plenty of guilds that do public runs of this. You just need to join them in a TeamSpeak and taxi onto their map. It’s more involved than Tequatl, but that’s the point. You put in more effort to overcome a harder challenge. You must work with other players in an organized setting to beat Triple Trouble.

tl;dr: don’t change the boss, but maybe have it drop more than just two gold, a bunch of masterworks, and a chance at a mini and crappy ascended armor

Oh, I’m with you on HOW to do it – it’s just the WHY do it is questionable. I’m pretty sure more than half did it for the achievements and never went back.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

This. Honestly, been trying for months to get into a good map. Nothing. Those who organize won’t taxi people in the server. It’s a fact by now, I realize I’ll never kill it because I don’t intend to join a kitten wurm guild only to do that kitten ed event once in life, the end.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

This. Honestly, been trying for months to get into a good map. Nothing. Those who organize won’t taxi people in the server. It’s a fact by now, I realize I’ll never kill it because I don’t intend to join a kitten wurm guild only to do that kitten ed event once in life, the end.

i dont know about you. But when TTS does it, any pug can join them.
I just get on the TS (no need to join guild), wait until people start pasting the join command on TS chat (ex: /join name; there’re a lot to choose) and I just copy & paste it in game to join

If you’re on NA, i can get you in one if you want, like I did for lot of friends

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

(edited by NTDK.4897)

Fivona.5061

Only few people think this is problem ? Want to hear more.

Posted by: Gambit.8425

Gambit.8425

It’s one of the louder brain farts they’ve released. On one side we have the 99% auto-attack bosses we do every day for the microscopic chance of anything worthy the time invested will drop, which many yet has had the luck of experiencing despite 2 years of playing. Take that Blackwing Lair RNG!

Then we have this snafu which require a guild size effort in an open world, regular leveling map on a population capped server. I remember back pre Mega how everyone guested the most successful server (aka most populated) 45 minutes before the event started just to get in a decent cluster for the chance of completing the LS meta it was involved in. Rewards afaik; still as laughable as the easy bosses.

I’ve done what’s considered “hard” solo play in this game; Liadri and all of SAB. But risking going mental over this pos just for a title I probably wouldn’t use anyway wasn’t my cup of lemon juice.

Classic example of developers not playing their own game.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I totally agree with OP.

Let’s make it a park walk.
We don’t need challenge. We need an easy mode high rewarding stuff.

I have a better idea. Let’s put all valuable rewards in a npc who charge players for 1 copper per item.

No one will have to waste time and struggle with world bosses anymore.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Better event scaling – Hell YES – The event is simply a mess most times of the day organised or not (especially not) unless your lucky to get into the map at just the right time and hope you don’t get a DC.

Changing the event to be easier – Hell NO! – Adjusting the scaling does not have to mean making it easier.. but the difficulty must be better scaled around the numbers involved at any given spawn,

Difficult content is great.. but difficult content that is made exclusive due to the god awful openworld megaserver mapping and constant threat of DC’ing when ou are lucky to get into that organised, cooperative map, most certainly isn’t great

I can’t believe your metrics for this event are in anyway pleasing to read since its inception.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Scaling, yes. The challenge is good, the encounter is nicely done, it just scales really badly. And it’s the hardest encounter in the game, placed in a non-80 zone. It’s got so many Champions involved that it becomes very hard for a moderate group of 20-30 random players to deal with the encounters at each wurm, and you’ll have undergeared and underleveled players involving themselves as well, and rightfully so, as it’s in their zone. It could do with some better scaling, and that would be nerfing it. But it’s a bit ridiculous how many players it needs currently. Tequatl is also in a similar fashion requiring too many players. If you don’t get into the right map, you’re out, it won’t be done, not enough players. Even if you’re 50 strong and waiting. A bit annoying.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Sarevok.2638

Reminder that fixing it’s scaling won’t make it necessarily a cakewalk, it would just allow less fortunate maps a more fair chance of defeating it, if they say…gather all the rejected from the main map into another and give it a bash. It’s still going to require the cooperation of all 3 groups, but it won’t be hopeless.

I can understand and respect the need for a higher difficulty battle, but as it stands TT is a bit too exclusive for an open world (Hint Hint) encounter.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is possible that I could disagree more, I am just not sure how. The system could be improved to get more access, making it easier should not be one of the options looked at.

Posted by: Taury.7108

Taury.7108

Here we go again. The only boss in the game that is actually challenging and people are asking for nerfs? Do you want another zerg 11111 afk boss? Don’t we have enough of those already?
And to those people complaining about other guilds organising it? really? You do realise that those people take time of their life to organise 150 people in order for you to get the achievements, and they ask for absolutely nothing in return?
Also what is this talk about this event being exclusive? I have never joined a wurm guild, all I do is hop on TS like the rest of their members and usually i either end up in one of their maps as they coordinate a jump, or I always find some friendly soul who is willing to taxi me in (usually taxis are announced in abundance in TS).

With that said however, I do agree that there is no incentive to do the event beyound completing the achievements and getting the titles. So I’d welcome higher reward for this event more than anything else.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

I 100% agree. I had to join TTS guild to do the achievements, then leave it – and doing the achievements is all it’s really worth doing – I’m still surprised so many people keep re-doing it. What a wacky and counter intuitive structure to a group event.

I wonder if the population of game play falls enough, will they change it then?

We do it because its fun. That is the reward. There doesn’t NEED to be a better reward. There are almost always over 200 people every. single. day. on TTS’ TS ready to do Wurm. Every day. We do it because its fun, because it challenging.

I don’t see this needing a nerf of any kind. Perhaps a different way to organize it a bit easier, Like guild spawned maps. but really I feel that it is fine the way it is for the most part.

This is my favorite challenge in the game and I wish there was more. I don’t need any more reward, the fun is the reward.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Oh my, not this again ….

I have been doing this event at least once per day for 8+ months. It does not need a nerf, scaling or otherwise. What it needs are improved rewards. This event is one of the very few things that still keeps me playing this game.

In the EU server region, GW2comminity organises for the 14:30, 19:00 and 22:00 (CET) every day. Between all the English, German and sometimes French teams there are plenty of opportunities to get on an organised run. Some EU guilds also spawn the event for public runs as well.

The catch?? You need to be on the GW2community public Wurm teamspeak channel at least 40 mins before spawn. So, anyone in the EU region who claims this event is exclusive is just lazy. and should be doing less challenging events elsewhere.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

nerf…..no ty

better scaling…yes please this could do the game a lot of good in general

Serenity now~Insanity later

Sarevok.2638

Oh my, not this again ….

I have been doing this event at least once per day for 8+ months. It does not need a nerf, scaling or otherwise. What it needs are improved rewards. This event is one of the very few things that still keeps me playing this game.

In the EU server region, GW2comminity organises for the 14:30, 19:00 and 22:00 (CET) every day. Between all the English, German and sometimes French teams there are plenty of opportunities to get on an organised run. Some EU guilds also spawn the event for public runs as well.

The catch?? You need to be on the GW2community public Wurm teamspeak channel at least 40 mins before spawn. So, anyone in the EU region who claims this event is exclusive is just lazy. and should be doing less challenging events elsewhere.

That is completely missing the point.

Fivona.5061

Most of you missing my point, i don’t want encounter nerf to make it boring.

Scaling nerf means , random people with no experience and leechers will effect your group less.

I suggest first learn meaning of scaling and how it works, before whining and trolling. (Gief free items)

Challenging game encounter doesn’t mean you must deal with random people. Thats not GAME challenge.

They can make harder and harder if they only put that event in instance (like dungeon). I wil be happy.

So i can make my own group (guild-friends etc) and deal with it.

Challenging event in “low lvl-open world” with absurd scaling, thanks no.

(edited by Fivona.5061)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Oh, I’m with you on HOW to do it – it’s just the WHY do it is questionable. I’m pretty sure more than half did it for the achievements and never went back.

2g for like 15minutes of fight is pretty good. And you have a chance of getting some pretty sweet loot from the boxes.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Oh my, not this again ….

No, my post is very much on point …
The problem here is you, and many others, are missing the point of the THW event.

This event is not designed for a group of unorganised randoms, it is designed as high-level content for organised groups. It is working as intended,

This event is no more ‘exclusive’ than any other high-level content in the game. Why do you think dungeons have level restrictions, or, will you start complaining about these being exclusive as well??

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

I’m sorry if this is off topic, but a couple of people have mentioned either “spawning an instance” or changing instances at will.

I feel like a doof for asking, because I’ve been playing for some time, but how does one do those things?

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I’m sorry if this is off topic, but a couple of people have mentioned either “spawning an instance” or changing instances at will.

I feel like a doof for asking, because I’ve been playing for some time, but how does one do those things?

What usually happens is you have everyone on TS jump into the zone at the same time. This causes the open instances to fill and new ones to spawn. You can find your ip by typing /ip in chat to see if you are on the one considered empty by the commanders in TS. Taxi onto those who are in the empty instance to change it.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Triple Trouble rewards are really bad for the amount of time it take to organize and the troubles you get for trying to get in a organized map .. and even if you are in TTS or not.

On the other hand , Tequalt is perfect.. i mean even if you get load of crappy blues and greens as rewards you get at least a nice chunk of karma , somewhere between 10 – 12k so its better than nothing.

The Triple Trouble reward is one hour and half of your life wasted.

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

My only insight is that the reward should have some correlation to the difficulty of the event. As it stands, I’d rather not participated in this event even when there’s a chance of winning. Too much time consuming and zero room for error. This event should have a guaranteed ascended drop.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Takes like 20-30 min to set up and about another 15 min to complete. Seems pretty good to me. This is one of only two world boss events that require some form of coordination. This requires a little more than Teq and should not be nerfed because people want to auto attack afk like the other world bosses.

Fivona.5061

I guess only people reads title and answers, because they are spilling unrelated bllkitten only.

Posted by: kozeljko.8201

kozeljko.8201

My only insight is that the reward should have some correlation to the difficulty of the event. As it stands, I’d rather not participated in this event even when there’s a chance of winning. Too much time consuming and zero room for error. This event should have a guaranteed ascended drop.

Ha, that would be too much. They need to make the rewards better, yes, but not that drastically. I mean, less than 1 hour work(maybe 40, 30min in my guild, lot less for the pugs) for an item worth 100+ gold?

Sarevok.2638

Oh my, not this again ….

No, my post is very much on point …
The problem here is you, and many others, are missing the point of the THW event.

This event is not designed for a group of unorganised randoms, it is designed as high-level content for organised groups. It is working as intended,

This event is no more ‘exclusive’ than any other high-level content in the game. Why do you think dungeons have level restrictions, or, will you start complaining about these being exclusive as well??

No you aren’t on point.

This is an OPEN WORLD event, not a raid instance. What are open world events typically? Unorganised randoms, this one has an element of knowledge that players participating must follow, that’s fine. However, the circumstances around the event as I previously said are the problem.

Before you go on about TS just like many others bleat on about, for an open world event, it’s a little unfair to suggest this (and before you call me one of the lazy ones, 64-bit TS client here, I have all achievements).

All this talk is starting to bring back memories of Realm of Anguish, something like that would be a nice raid instance.

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

They just need to fix the lag, so we don’t end up with a wurm event that takes an hour instead of 30min after it spawned…

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Here we go again. The only boss in the game that is actually challenging and people are asking for nerfs? Do you want another zerg 11111 afk boss? Don’t we have enough of those already?
And to those people complaining about other guilds organising it? really? You do realise that those people take time of their life to organise 150 people in order for you to get the achievements, and they ask for absolutely nothing in return?
Also what is this talk about this event being exclusive? I have never joined a wurm guild, all I do is hop on TS like the rest of their members and usually i either end up in one of their maps as they coordinate a jump, or I always find some friendly soul who is willing to taxi me in (usually taxis are announced in abundance in TS).

With that said however, I do agree that there is no incentive to do the event beyound completing the achievements and getting the titles. So I’d welcome higher reward for this event more than anything else.

open world raid is challenging?

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31112-why-40-man-raids-are-a-bad-idea/

I would say the most challenging part is managing the bureaucracy, manpower, and group drama.

Posted by: Suchface.3265

Suchface.3265

Triple wurm does not need a nerf. if people acually started reading up on how to kill it, than it is fairly easy.

I killed the wurm today with 4mins left of first phase, people did exactly what they were suposed to and “gg” we killed it.

You guys also have to understand, that this is an elite event, it is not suposed to be easy or medium, it is suposed to be for people who are really dedicated to completing and killing the three wurms.
And if you have problems with organizing it, than join a guild that has dedicated people like yourself.

Regards
Suchface

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

No changes to TT, pls. We need a LFG system which allows us to join an TT event; like 150+ people party. Also some kind of guild invitation ticket (in inventory): when guild opens the event, people may join the map if they have the ticket of that guild.

The TT event is such an event that people need to follow the organizers tightly. An alternative play style. And even if you don’t join the event, you may listen to TS; each wurm has its own TS channel.

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

I did read that article on 40 man raids. The author assumes too much. TT goes nice and easy even it is 150+ people raid (whatever that is; not played wow). Also, GW2 allows people to be in 5 different guilds.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I did read that article on 40 man raids. The author assumes too much. TT goes nice and easy even it is 150+ people raid (whatever that is; not played wow). Also, GW2 allows people to be in 5 different guilds.

what do you mean he assume too much? He wrote the post after he had manage 40 man raids himself.

The only one point that doesnt apply is number 3 since there isnt any subscriptions to this game.

However, 2 and 4 are debatable problems.

The rest all apply.

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Only few people think this is problem ?

No, majority just don’t care anymore. I don’t even bother showing up for it nowadays, i don’t like playing district roulette for no rewards.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Jacobbs.9468

Jacobbs.9468

I say leave it where it is in terms of difficulty but have the completion of the objective have a significant chance of dropping a precursor.

We need some impossi-hard in this game.

That would mean guilds that kill the wurm regularly would be rolling in precursors. I am in one of those guilds, so I personally wouldn’t object – but it’s not a workable solution.

open world raid is challenging?

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31112-why-40-man-raids-are-a-bad-idea/

I would say the most challenging part is managing the bureaucracy, manpower, and group drama.

GW2’s RNG loot system side steps a lot of potential loot drama that games like WildStar and WoW have to deal with.