Trolled By RNG - Your Experience?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HidiR.6712

HidiR.6712

Rng is just unbalanced not evryone has the same luck. Some people are extremely lucky and some are unlucky.

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

Funny how everyone foucses on the precursor side of RNG when the problem is so much wider spread throughout the game i really dont have a problem with that side of it

Getting a legendary was never meant to be easy its like the ultimate status symbol in GW2. if it was easy then it would just be another worthless item every tom kitten and harry had

Oh wait tom kitten and harry all have a legendary or 4 in my case and i know players with more

get with the program and do the leg work guys makeing 600 gold for a precursor is not that hard these days. And comparativly speaking its proly just as much work to gather 250 of all t6 mats if not more

As to RNG i still see it as a big problem for the game with the overall scale of how it is implimented so Anet can keep there grasp on the economy coz there revenue is generated from micro transactions and not expansions/subscriptions

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

I think there’s too many RNG sinks / low RNG rate in this game which makes me perceive this system as somewhat of a scam. That’s a part of GW2 I strongly dislike.

Spend 10$ in the gem store and surprisingly RNG rates get higher…

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

Posted by: Aktarus.5612

Aktarus.5612

RNG is not random at all, IMO. I get basically between 0-1 and 3/4 loots rare by day (when a day i got 4, next couple of day i get 0/1 rare), 1 exotic by week or for 2 weeks, they cost 99% of the time 1 gold around, and i get 1 time bonetti exotic sword sell it 30 gold, that was my best loot with 300% mf if i remember with queen MF buff.

I got rarely dye, and more rarely gold dye that cost a lot in AH. (1 by year less than 10 gold).

I never loot precursor.

I never loot ascended stuff, without count useless rings in fractals.

Got rarely something good on boss,elites,Lord,mobs or in any chest.(1 T6 all 5 of them)

I never get something good in BL chest, skin or any tickets.

And mystic for never give me more than 1 rare with 4 rares, or 1 low cost exotic with 4 exotics.

But the most astonish, is that my friend in game get exatly same rate as me, even for lucky essence, but he just got more rare coslty dyes than me…always since begining day one.

So , i think that there is something weird and not randoming at all in the chance of loot,and chance of interesting/costly loot.

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Rng is just unbalanced not evryone has the same luck. Some people are extremely lucky and some are unlucky.

What? This discussion just got metaphysical. Should RNG take into consideration a persons rl luck? Does it favor those who were saints in their past life? Without getting into the laws of thermodynamics, the butterfly effect, parallel universes, and time traveling physicians there is no way to detect or compensate for luck therefore RNG affects everyone equally there it is completely balanced.

Posted by: Troll.4237

Troll.4237

Pre-cursor “Venom” drop in underwater fractal.
Ascended weapons chest with the worst stat combo. Magi’s: Prec, Vitality, Healing Power.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Kneel before RNGeesus.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Got a celestial ascended weapon from guild rush chest the other night. Don’t want it. Can’t sell it. Can’t salvage it. Can’t even put it in the mystic toilet.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]