Trolling in GW2

Trolling in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rodantho.6890

Rodantho.6890

Recently I was trolled by a player named [[REDACTED NAME]], he kicked me off a frac party 1 sec before i was revived and loot the boss chest.

So firstly beware of that troll, and secondly Anet should add a feature where players are immune to kick until they have looted the chests.

This is really unfair, and trolls like that ruin the whole game experience…

Maybe add a new report category “Troll”, and if a player gets too many troll reports his name should be red or something, so everyone will know!

Cheers!

(edited by Moderator)

Trolling in GW2

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Need to edit post. Name and shame against forum rule.

;)

Trolling in GW2

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

This is a known problem.

You can’t use any specific player’s name or the post will be deleted.

Trolling in GW2

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Recently I was trolled by a player named [name removed], he kicked me off a frac party 1 sec before i was revived and loot the boss chest.

So firstly beware of that troll, and secondly Anet should add a feature where players are immune to kick until they have looted the chests.

Maybe add a new report category “Troll”, and if a player gets too many troll reports his name should be red or something, so everyone will know!

Cheers!

What’s stopping trolls and their friends from reporting non-trolls as trolls enough times to get their names red?

And what about the less black and white trolling?

Like one of the locations for Maize balm farming is at a heart location where a means of completing the heart is killing the ambients the Maize balm farmers use.

Someone killing the ambients there when there are Maize balm farmers there aren’t necessarily trolling. They might be trolling or they may be working on the heart, but you can’t tell that on glance alone. And they may not have chat open or paying attention to chat so asking them doesn’t mean that if they don’t answer they’re trolling. There are other means to complete the heart, but you can’t force anyone to choose a different method. Some people prefer the kill X methods over the others.

Trolling in GW2

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I have to say that in this game the level of trolling is way lower than in any other online game I have played. But there are always going to be some folk who behave like that. Just report them and move on.

Trolling in GW2

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Recently I was trolled by a player named [[REDACTED NAME]], he kicked me off a frac party 1 sec before i was revived and loot the boss chest.

One player can’t kick you. Kicking requires the support of the majority of the party (3 out of 5 members).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Party

Trolling in GW2

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

One player can’t kick you. Kicking requires the support of the majority of the party (3 out of 5 members).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Party

While this is true, the kick function has been buggy as of late. I was able to kick someone out of our party by simply requesting it (it was insta kick) other party members didnt have time to respond.

Just like how the LFG window has been buggy (limiting party joins after 1 attempt, really?) or how entering FOTM has been buggy (instance full? really?!)

Anet has a lot of crap to fix.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Trolling in GW2

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Recently I was trolled by a player named [name removed], he kicked me off a frac party 1 sec before i was revived and loot the boss chest.

Cheers!

What’s stopping trolls and their friends from reporting non-trolls as trolls enough times to get their names red?

If you false report repeatedly, you yourself get into trouble

Trolling in GW2

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Cheers!

If you false report repeatedly, you yourself get into trouble

But what happens to the reputation of the person they’ve trolled?