True High Pop Server

True High Pop Server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

I would like to transfer to a high populated server. But I cannot tell which ones are TRULY high populated (exception of Blackgate being full).

Can anyone tell me from their own experience if they feel they are on a high populated server? I am currently on Gate of Madness and even with the Megaserver… any zone from 20 to 70 seems empty.

I would really like some feedback about Sanctum of Rall

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

Wvw ranks don’t lie i think you got the idea

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

But wouldn’t that only be those interested in WvW? I certainly am not interested in it. Is there lessened interest in PvE or something?

I’m a super casual.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

Tarnished Coast would probably be your best bet. They are one of the most active NA servers in PvE from what I hear. Sanctum of Rall is likely less populated than Gates of Madness judging by their tanking in WvW.

While obviously WvW population does not count for everyone on a server, it is a very good indicator of that server’s overall active playerbase. So higher tiered WvW servers will generally have your higher population overall.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

Transferring servers isn’t likely to increase the amount of players you see in less popular maps.

Empty zones in those levels mean there are few people on those maps from any NA server. It’s not like GoM players get shoved off to some empty server while “full” servers get their own special full maps.

Unless the map you are trying to load into just reached cap and generated a new instance and you are one of the first in it (or last left after a new instance takes priority, had this happen in FG a few times, pretty fun actually having a map to myself, but I’m weird).

*I do not work for Anet, so I am only guessing at how megaservers function based on my experience with the previous overflow system which it seems based upon.

• I see plenty of people on most maps during prime time (3pm-10pm Pacific). Playing outside that time it can be pretty empty. There are lots of ways to level, so many players in that range are doing other things under the illusion that the game is more fun at 80. Those level maps aren’t ever going to be super full, unless some guild is running an event of some sort. Facts of life in a 2 year old MMO, just less people leveling, and less doing it old-school (map exploration).
Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

(edited by Thrashbarg.9820)

True High Pop Server

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

it’s just an estimate but WvW rank tends to indicate overall population. There is some bias because players join the server just to participate in WvW, but also you must consider a certain percentage of players play WvW, so the more WvW players the more likely there are more non-WvW players.

This is obviously not a scientific fact, and WvW : PvE player ratios without doubt vary between servers, but there should still be correlation.

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

Is GoM primarily a SEA server? I ask because CD definitely is but I didn’t find out until logging in basically at 5am and then being floored at how many people were active on the CD TS server. Definitely something you should consider

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

With the mega server it doesnt matter at all where you are for PvE.

NSP Why bother?….

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Unless you happen to want the GUILD BUFFS.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

To be fair whenever I want guild buffs I simply teleport to either Lions Arch, Edge of the Mists spawn, or Cursed Shore. Only takes a minute to ask where they are

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

To be fair whenever I want guild buffs I simply teleport to either Lions Arch, Edge of the Mists spawn, or Cursed Shore. Only takes a minute to ask where they are

Guild buffs and Guild banner buffs are completely separate things.

If I’m not mistaken, you only get active guild buffs if you’re on the same realm as the activated guild buffs (in most cases, whatever the guild is most active on).

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Guild buffs and Guild banner buffs are completely separate things.

If I’m not mistaken, you only get active guild buffs if you’re on the same realm as the activated guild buffs (in most cases, whatever the guild is most active on).

You are correct sir.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’d wager that Tarnished Coast is probably the busiest PvE server for open world PvE. in general.

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I’d wager that Tarnished Coast is probably the busiest PvE server for open world PvE. in general.

I dunno… TC was looking pretty anemic during certain hours in open world PVE prior to Megaserver. Everytime I guested to BG I was astonished how it seemed like every event in Orr had 3x the players.

Which naturally made Grenth nearly impossible – like herding cats…

But that’s also before much of SoR jumped ship to TC.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There’s no point in transferring unless you’re doing it for WvW.

In PvE TC, SoR, BG, etc. don’t exist anymore. It’s all megaservers.

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

What type of population you asking for? PvE population or WvW population?

High pve population servers (no particular order):
Blackgate (Largest)
Jade Quarry
Tarnished Coast
Dragonbrand
Crystal Desert
Darkhaven
Gate Of Madness

High WvW population servers (no particular order):
Blackgate
Jade Quarry
Tarnished Coast
Fort Aspenwood
Sea of Sorrows
Maguuma

True High Pop Server

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I dunno… TC was looking pretty anemic during certain hours in open world PVE prior to Megaserver. Everytime I guested to BG I was astonished how it seemed like every event in Orr had 3x the players.

Which naturally made Grenth nearly impossible – like herding cats…

But that’s also before much of SoR jumped ship to TC.

Yep, Blackgate had more people in Orr. Been there noticed that. I’ve played on both servers in less populated zones however, and TC usually has more people, particularly at off hours…I play Australian times.