Turn off or deactivate collecting experience

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Treemoon.6538

Treemoon.6538

Is it possible to stop collecting experience. Then start collecting experience.
I would like to have a choice on what experience a character takes in.
For example: Experience forced on a character because it’s passing on a road, or dealing with a vendor close to a dynamic event is not earned by playing. I don’t want that experience. Having experience forced onto a character for doing nothing takes away from the idea of doing something to earn experience. To me that’s not playing a game. Some like this. So there should be an option to say yes to all experience offered. And an option to say no or yes to experience being offered. Something simple like a toggle—open/close.

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

No it’s not possible, and no I doubt it ever will be. Simply because you’d basically be the only person ever to use it.

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

No it’s not possible, and no I doubt it ever will be. Simply because you’d basically be the only person ever to use it.

Alot of people would use it to stay within the level ranges required to collect certain types of cloth and leather.

Posted by: Darkmorphos.1530

Darkmorphos.1530

The idea behind it btw is that you are earning that experience for something, exploring. Imagine climbing a mountain or traversing a sea in a time like GW2. These things are incredible feats, even without killing a bear of something like that. I do get your point that as a player you are not doing much except for going to a new place. However, anet, in my oppinion rightly so, wants you to feel rewarded for exploring and going to new places.

But if you would really want to turn it off I would be fine with it ofcourse. I am afraid however anet will never add an option like this since it would require extensive work, e.g. the bug testing (since bugs in this could be game breaking) and there would hardly be anyone using it. Especially with the masteries coming.

Posted by: Darkmorphos.1530

Darkmorphos.1530

Alot of people would use it to stay within the level ranges required to collect certain types of cloth and leather.

Good point, you would however still level quickly from other sources. Also, anet is fixing the cloth etc. balance with HoT.

Posted by: Pakkazull.6894

Pakkazull.6894

Hm, good point, didn’t consider that. But then I never cared much for farming either.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

they could probably do it with an item i reckon like how some games have zero xp items you can equip if you want more of a challenge

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

City of Heroes added this at one point because there were so much content and it was traditionally level restricted, so you can and often did out level it, players wanted the ability to turn off XP to prevent that from happening.

That reason isn’t a thing in GW2 but since drops are adjusted to our true level and salvage returns are based on the item’s level we still have a leveling problem.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes