Turning off Legendary Effects

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: holychampion.7386

holychampion.7386

Can you guys add an option to turn off Legendary effects?
Meaning for example: I’ve got a guard with Rodgort. When I use Torch #4 I would like to throw the blue flame instead of a Rodgort Torch.

Another example: Dragonhunter virtue F1. While equipped with Dawn, I would like to still throw a spear, not a mini Dawn towards the enemy.

Anything that can be done? Maybe add an option in the “in game” menu?

P.S: Similar complains
—> Legendary Shortbow sound

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Nope…you either use it or you don’t. Everyone complains about Dreamer, I own the thing and even I wish it wasn’t so constant or maybe a different pitch to the sound so it wasn’t so ear piercing. It didn’t used to sound like a dying horse coughing :/

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m sorry that the OP doesn’t like their legendary weapon’s sound; that doesn’t [ahem] sound like an issue that requires a change to the game’s mechanics.

The legendary ‘skin’ is a combination of the weapon, footfall, and noises — when I don’t want one of them, I use a different skin.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

If I’m doing a dungeon with someone who has an annoying legendary like the Dreamer, I just turn off whatever the sound setting is in the settings. It’s like player weapon or player effects?

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Yeah you have to turn off sound effects. I dunno about others who use Dreamer, but I don’t actually hear the sound effects as often as my party members do. I hardly ever hear the whiney unless I am alone someplace…but one day a guild member was doing a fractal and we could hear his audio and I was shocked at how often it goes off. I can see why people find it annoying but I love my stupid unicorns! Sorry you guys have to suffer but unicorns of death are amazing.

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Worst one I noticed was D/P thief (Shadow Shot), you shoot an incinerator dagger out of your pistol at your opponent lol.

(edited by Esquilax.3491)

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

I’ve had player noise effects off for so long I didn’t even know legendaries made noises, and I have one. Seriously, it was one of the first things I learned how to do in the settings. I did it to not have to listen to Christmas noises. Occasionally I will see a player with musical notes around them, but I am never tempted to turn on the noise so I can see what I am missing. People troll with sound effects and I find them anxiety provoking as well as irritating.