Turning off Name Tags...

Turning off Name Tags...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hrithmus.2583

Hrithmus.2583

Why can’t we turn off Player name tags…Must i need to know the names of all 300 people during events or in LA at all times? What is the reason behind this and why cant we pick and choose to turn this off?

Turning off Name Tags...

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Its under the main options tab (1st panel with wrench), it says “[ ] Show All Player Names” un-check it. It will still show player names from what I can tell around your mouse & at a certain distance, but once they get close enough, their name goes away.

Turning off Name Tags...

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

We traded invisible enemies (culled) for enemies being hidden by player names, might as well just change it back to the way it was, invisible enemies are less annoying and ugly than hundreds of irrelevant player names on my screen.

Its under the main options tab (1st panel with wrench), it says “[ ] Show All Player Names” un-check it. It will still show player names from what I can tell around your mouse & at a certain distance, but once they get close enough, their name goes away.

That only works with high model limit settings. For those of us with that setting on low or lowest, anything that is hidden has their name showing up. Pointless and laggy (almost as laggy as having the players show up anyway… whats the point?).

(edited by Sanctus.8350)

Turning off Name Tags...

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If the player is culled due to your settings they will still have a nameplate displayed regardless of the “show all player names” setting.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes