Twice-Told Legend Title, Not good enough.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Is this a joke? What a horrible title. Many people received refunds for their duplicate legendary weapons before support pulled a 180 and told the rest of us tough luck (Actually they never would tell me why they refunded some people but left others out). I heard about this and decided to log in hoping that the title might actually be worthy of making two legendary weapons. Nope. Oh well, ArcheAge and Black Desert are coming soon and I can’t wait to for them.

Disappointment after Disappointment. I’ll take my money elsewhere.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah wow. Lucky you got anything at all. Yep.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m pretty sure it’s NEVER “good enough” for some….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

hazenvirus.8154

They could have at least made the titles specific to the duplicate legendary weapons you had. Meanwhile a bunch of people got to trade their duplicate legendary weapon for a new legendary of equal or lesser value.

Lilith Ajit.6173

They could have at least made the titles specific to the duplicate legendary weapons you had. Meanwhile a bunch of people got to trade their duplicate legendary weapon for a new legendary of equal or lesser value.

I don’t think that actually happened. If it did please provide proof.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

hazenvirus.8154

I have the support ticket conversations of two people who received refunds. When I was refused a refund I presented them to support and asked why I was any different of a case. They refused to comment.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

1 – If you use the title, when another player see your legendary, he’ll know from which one you got.
2 – Legendary value is determined by the players, game-wise all legendaries worth the same, except between 2hd and 1hd weapons.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Lilith Ajit.6173

I have the support ticket conversations of two people who received refunds. When I was refused a refund I presented them to support and asked why I was any different of a case. They refused to comment.

Post this ticket then.

[ARES]

hazenvirus.8154

1 – If you use the title, when another player see your legendary, he’ll know from which one you got.
2 – Legendary value is determined by the players, game-wise all legendaries worth the same, except between 2hd and 1hd weapons.

Very well, I will post the support conversations. I will edit out names though since I don’t want anyone who received a refund to be called out.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Refund as in another account bound legendary weapon of choice or the same weapon that can be sold on the TP? Obviously the latter is quite unfair since the price of precursors went up nearly two fold.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

hazenvirus.8154

Proof…

GM [Name Removed] (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Apr 16 14:38

Hello [Name Removed],

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

Generally, we are unable to fulfill requests like this. However, for this particular situation we will be able to make this exchange for you.

Please let us know which option you would like to go:

1) We could grant you a “Bolt”.
or
2) We could send you the items you have requested.

In order for us to do that, please delete the second Incinerator from your inventory. After you have done so, please reply to this ticket immediately with the date and time (including time zone) that you deleted the item.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

GM [Name Removed]
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

GM [Name Removed] (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Apr 16 17:57

Hello [Name Removed],

Thank you for providing us with the information that we needed to fulfill your request.

The item that you requested has been sent to your in-game mailbox. If you did not receive the mail containing the item, please check to see if your mailbox is full. (A full mailbox will display “10/10” in the game interface).

If your mailbox is full, you will need to delete a few mails to make room for the distribution mail containing the replacement item.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM [Name Removed]
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m struggling to believe it. I’m sorry. But people barely got answers a week after the patch hit and you’re saying they granted this request (and not to mention you have this email, rather than just a screen shot, of someone else’s ticket) without asking their supervisor or making sure sending an unbound legendary to a player for no really good reason was a good idea in one day? More likely less than 24 hours?

To whomever played support in this manner (if it’s true) I applaud them. But it is quite obvious why this exchange is not something they should have granted at all to anyone.

[ARES]

hazenvirus.8154

I’m struggling to believe it. I’m sorry. But people barely got answers a week after the patch hit and you’re saying they granted this request (and not to mention you have this email, rather than just a screen shot, of someone else’s ticket) without asking their supervisor or making sure sending an unbound legendary to a player for no really good reason was a good idea in one day? More likely less than 24 hours?

To whomever played support in this manner (if it’s true) I applaud them. But it is quite obvious why this exchange is not something they should have granted at all to anyone.

I invite ANet support to confirm of deny this post. It is true unfortunately. I wouldn’t have had so much of an issue that I quit the game since April if they had stuck to no refunds for anyone. I would have even been okay with support telling me that they made a mistake. They, however, told me that, to paraphrase, “your situation of having two Bolts was not the same as the person with two Incinerators, and this is why we cannot grant your request.” They refused to say why, again and again. I decided to log in today and saw this title and felt like telling about what happened.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Someone in my guild was able to trade in their second incinerator for a twilight a couple months ago too.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Lilith Ajit.6173

Someone in my guild was able to trade in their second incinerator for a twilight a couple months ago too.

Lol I think you did say that the other day but you also said it took 30 tickets.

[ARES]

Posted by: dyo.1263

dyo.1263

The title is LOL.
I wonder how hard it is to implement new effects or greater aura or anything to distinguish true double wielders from fake ones. I mean they put out new sets of weapons every 2 weeks and I bet it can’t be more difficult than to make all those new skins regularely.

How hard is to make Eternity like effects on double wielding combinations?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

takes a drink

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

Funny! That looks just like the ticket I submitted when I had multiple soulbound infinite harvesting tools. Exchanging those for gems I can understand when they changed them to account bound. Exchanging a second incinerator for a bolt…not so much. If that’s the case, Anet please take one of my Infinite Lights and give me a Mjolnir. That would be swell.

At least your legendaries are account bound and you can change stats on the fly. Try 2 soulbound Infinite Lights or any expensive soulbound item you may have 2 of.

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

Funny! That looks just like the ticket I submitted when I had multiple soulbound infinite harvesting tools. Exchanging those for gems I can understand when they changed them to account bound. Exchanging a second incinerator for a bolt…not so much. If that’s the case, Anet please take one of my Infinite Lights and give me a Mjolnir. That would be swell.

At least your legendaries are account bound and you can change stats on the fly. Try 2 soulbound Infinite Lights or any expensive soulbound item you may have 2 of.

I built two incinerators.

Why are you so kittened off?

At the current tradepost price, the incinerator is worth about 3100g or so. At current exchange rate of 1 g to 0.18 USD, just one cost about 558 USD in gold.

But you can give your legendary to your other characters!

Ascended gear can be given to other characters, so I didn’t pay 3100g to have that skill.

But you can trade and swap stats on it all you want.

I didn’t spend the thousands of hours to grind a weapon that can swap stats on the fly, I spent all that time to have matching skins. It costs me 62g to craft another one. 22g for the Deldrimor steel required, 2 for the dusts, and about 38g for the Inscription. Even if I used the feature, the dagger comes with 18 unique stat combos. Each would, again, run me about 62g. 18*62=1116g. Assuming I cared about having access to each and every dagger combo in the game, which I don’t, I would still be shafted out of around 2000g. All I wanted was the skin.

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

At the current tradepost price, the incinerator is worth about 3100g or so. At current exchange rate of 1 g to 0.18 USD, just one cost about 558 USD in gold.

Ascended gear can be given to other characters, so I didn’t pay 3100g to have that skill.

I didn’t spend the thousands of hours to grind a weapon that can swap stats on the fly, I spent all that time to have matching skins. It costs me 62g to craft another one. 22g for the Deldrimor steel required, 2 for the dusts, and about 38g for the Inscription. Even if I used the feature, the dagger comes with 18 unique stat combos. Each would, again, run me about 62g. 18*62=1116g. Assuming I cared about having access to each and every dagger combo in the game, which I don’t, I would still be shafted out of around 2000g. All I wanted was the skin.

Get over it. With a persistent online game, such as Guild Wars 2, there are bound to be changes over time. Some of those changes will inevitably lead to situations like this. This addition of the wardrobe had many more positive aspects to it than negative.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Get over it. With a persistent online game, such as Guild Wars 2, there are bound to be changes over time. Some of those changes will inevitably lead to situations like this. This addition of the wardrobe had many more positive aspects to it than negative.

+1 for this.

ArenaNet doesn’t owe anybody a refund. There is no possible universe where I can feel sorry for someone who went out of their way to get two of the same Legendary, just so they could match. This is like listening to a billionaire who bought an extra yacht so his cat could have its own, then whining that yachts went half-price the following year and now their cat is no longer privileged.

Even setting aside how ridiculous it is that this situation is even happening, you have nothing to complain about. Nothing got taken away from you. Your items did not get any worse. You put in the time/money/resources to get two of the same legendary weapon, and you still have two of the same legendary weapon. And you did it before there was even a title for it, so now you have this free extra thing.

I can understand that it seems a bit unfair, that there are people who crafted only one legendary pistol or dagger, and now they can apply the skin to their other one. And that kind of sucks for someone who did it the hard way. But, just as there was no way for you to know Wardrobe was coming, neither did ArenaNet when they first made the game. Sometimes, these things happen. It is unfortunate, but I really just shake my head at the sentiment of “Boo hoo, I made two legendaries and now I won’t look doubly as special!”

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

hazenvirus.8154

+1 for this.

ArenaNet doesn’t owe anybody a refund. There is no possible universe where I can feel sorry for someone who went out of their way to get two of the same Legendary, just so they could match. This is like listening to a billionaire who bought an extra yacht so his cat could have its own, then whining that yachts went half-price the following year and now their cat is no longer privileged.

Even setting aside how ridiculous it is that this situation is even happening, you have nothing to complain about. Nothing got taken away from you. Your items did not get any worse. You put in the time/money/resources to get two of the same legendary weapon, and you still have two of the same legendary weapon. And you did it before there was even a title for it, so now you have this free extra thing.

I can understand that it seems a bit unfair, that there are people who crafted only one legendary pistol or dagger, and now they can apply the skin to their other one. And that kind of sucks for someone who did it the hard way. But, just as there was no way for you to know Wardrobe was coming, neither did ArenaNet when they first made the game. Sometimes, these things happen. It is unfortunate, but I really just shake my head at the sentiment of “Boo hoo, I made two legendaries and now I won’t look doubly as special!”

So they refunded half the billionaires and the other half they told no. Seems fair…

Wolfheart.7483

+1 for this.

So they refunded half the billionaires and the other half they told no. Seems fair…

Show us proof of all of those refunds, not just what you think they did or what other players told you happened.

Are you a supervisor in their support department with logs of what refunds were given and which were denied? Didn’t think so.

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

+1 for this.

Show us proof of all of those refunds, not just what you think they did or what other players told you happened.

Are you a supervisor in their support department with logs of what refunds were given and which were denied? Didn’t think so.

I’d be careful, your counter argument seems to hinge on the same lack of confirmation that you are contending. I just want to add that it’s been my personal experience with another company that when they do decide to go the compensation route for things like this, there is often internal criteria for who gets compensated. And usually, that stuff remains secret short of a court order. Not divulging internal information or the bureaucratic machinery of customer support and P.R. decisions makes customers angry. Understandable when you are left in the dark. But there’s very little you can do about it. Anet changed the way skins work, some people lost out, and some people benefited. Significant changes to mechanics like this happen in mmos and they do damage control where they expect the most pushback. Imagine if/when they decide to raise the level cap and you have to get new gear. What will the outcry look like then? Especially considering they have said they might actually do that.

Fyrebrand.4859

So they refunded half… and the other half they told no. Seems fair…

I don’t know what ANet did or didn’t do about it, though I can imagine the matter of refunding legendaries is a messy business. It could be that they started out wanting to refund it out of good will, but soon realized that negotiating with angry players over reimbursement through gold, materials, precursors, gems, or some combination thereof, became way too much of a hassle.
In any case, I can understand your anger at this circumstance — but anger toward ArenaNet, or toward Guild Wars 2, is misplaced. Legendary weapons are not the only purpose of this game, and it’s not worth quitting over. Your “I’ll take my money elsewhere” comment just washes away any sympathy I might have had.

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

+1 for this.

I’d be careful, your counter argument seems to hinge on the same lack of confirmation that you are contending. I just want to add that it’s been my personal experience with another company that when they do decide to go the compensation route for things like this, there is often internal criteria for who gets compensated. And usually, that stuff remains secret short of a court order. Not divulging internal information or the bureaucratic machinery of customer support and P.R. decisions makes customers angry. Understandable when you are left in the dark. But there’s very little you can do about it. Anet changed the way skins work, some people lost out, and some people benefited. Significant changes to mechanics like this happen in mmos and they do damage control where they expect the most pushback. Imagine if/when they decide to raise the level cap and you have to get new gear. What will the outcry look like then? Especially considering they have said they might actually do that.

Not really. The problem being the OP ASSUMES this happened because other players lied, err told him, that this happened. Why would A.Net actually refund anything on something like this? Give a good, logical reason. I don’t believe what other players say. Just like the interweb, playing games is anonymous. Logically, A.Net would not give ANY refunds for stuff like this.

Wolfheart.7483

+1 for this.

He is the one making the assumption/claim about the quantity of refunds, hence he is burdened with proving it. I have made no such assumption one way or the other.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

But I don’t think anybody is saying that the wardrobe overall was bad just because of this. People are just saying that they wish this particular issue had been handled differently.

For the record, I’m one of the ones who wishes it had been handled differently. I have two bolts, and I wish they’d unbound one of them. Does it kitten me off? No, not at all. It’s just a teeny, tiny little annoyance that I’m reminded of every time I swap to my s/s set.

But my problem with the title is that it seems to indicate that Anet eventually did realize that some people were unhappy with the circumstances, and then decided that the best thing they could do to remedy this was to give those people a title. That’s incredibly frustrating.

It’s also kinda a little slap in the face. Suppose, I dunno, you’re fired from a job and you’re sore, because you think you didn’t deserve to be fired. (Or maybe something less drastic—you’re suspended without pay for a week or something. It’s only a little thing, after all.) But you move on. Three months later, the company sends you a card. “Sorry, yeah, we screwed you there. Bye.” If that card is all they think they can send, they shouldn’t send anything.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Posted by: Zetsuei.8942

Zetsuei.8942

Honestly refunds in the form of materials should be the only thing given back to the player. The horribly imbalanced material cost of a 1H vs a 2H is in such a bad place. They need to just cut the cost of a 1H legendary in half and be done with it. I know people who have already made one[a 1h legendary weapon] would then complain and want a refund, but you’ve had a legendary item for X amount of time and been able to enjoy/flaunt it off.

Legendary weapons were never hard to get, just the huge cost of a precursor is the only thing that stopped most people from having one. Ever wonder why you see so many 2H legendaries? They don’t get ripped off with the material cost, they get all their stats for 1 set. Whereas people who dual wield need to pay twice the amount to get all the stats. How in the hell is that fair? Its not, and it needs to be fixed. Someone will complain either way, but at least when the materials are cut in half it will finally be the way it should be.

Wolfheart.7483

But I don’t think anybody is saying that the wardrobe overall was bad just because of this. People are just saying that they wish this particular issue had been handled differently.

For the record, I’m one of the ones who wishes it had been handled differently. I have two bolts, and I wish they’d unbound one of them. Does it kitten me off? No, not at all. It’s just a teeny, tiny little annoyance that I’m reminded of every time I swap to my s/s set.

But my problem with the title is that it seems to indicate that Anet eventually did realize that some people were unhappy with the circumstances, and then decided that the best thing they could do to remedy this was to give those people a title. That’s incredibly frustrating.

It’s also kinda a little slap in the face. Suppose, I dunno, you’re fired from a job and you’re sore, because you think you didn’t deserve to be fired. (Or maybe something less drastic—you’re suspended without pay for a week or something. It’s only a little thing, after all.) But you move on. Three months later, the company sends you a card. “Sorry, yeah, we screwed you there. Bye.” If that card is all they think they can send, they shouldn’t send anything.

I understand what you’re driving at, really I do. I understand why someone might be frustrated, I do. I still don’t think they are owed anything. You’re metaphor for being fired would be more like if Anet banned someone from the game and later send them an email saying they made a mistake but the player still couldn’t come back. Which I sincerely doubt they would do. This circumstance is far different from that. I would equate it more to something like this:

At my job I am salaried, not hourly. If we have an overflow of work to do and I go to the powers-that-be and I say we need to hire someone else to spread out work load and keep performance high but they say “no”, so I work double the hours to make up for it. Then afterward they say: “Hey hiring someone else is a good idea and it’ll be a great quality of life improvement for other workers.” That would be a bit upsetting to me. However, the company doesn’t owe me anything extra. It just means going forward, I won’t have to endure that same exact circumstance again.

It isn’t precisely the same thing but the point I am going for is that at the time I did the double hours, the structure of the business and decisions made up to that point put me in the situation where I had to in order to achieve my end goal which was maintaining high performance. Just as the game structure, before the wardrobe, forced a player to make duplicate legendaries if their goal was to dual wield that skin. They did what was necessary. A change was made to the game so that, going forward, they won’t face the same circumstance again. I simply don’t feel Anet owes them anything for it.

One Note Chord.5031

Yeah, I think maybe some of us are talking past each other. I don’t think Anet owes anybody anything. I think they could decide tomorrow to shut down the game, or to give everyone free ascended weapons, or whatever, without incurring any debts. This isn’t, to me, about what’s owed.

It’s just that they made a lot of people feel like they wasted a lot of time and gold, and it’s in their power to get rid of that feeling, if they so desire. But before adding the title, it seemed like they thought it was fine. Or, at least, that they couldn’t do anything about it that wouldn’t harm the rest of the game more. Eh, I disagree, but sure, whatever. But now it seems like they changed their mind and decided they should actually do something about it. Except all they did is add a title, which is a joke.

(I haven’t talked to the npc to get my title. I honestly don’t think it’s worth the 30 seconds or whatever it would take.)

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Wolfheart.7483

Yeah, I think maybe some of us are talking past each other. I don’t think Anet owes anybody anything. I think they could decide tomorrow to shut down the game, or to give everyone free ascended weapons, or whatever, without incurring any debts. This isn’t, to me, about what’s owed.

It’s just that they made a lot of people feel like they wasted a lot of time and gold, and it’s in their power to get rid of that feeling, if they so desire. But before adding the title, it seemed like they thought it was fine. Or, at least, that they couldn’t do anything about it that wouldn’t harm the rest of the game more. Eh, I disagree, but sure, whatever. But now it seems like they changed their mind and decided they should actually do something about it. Except all they did is add a title, which is a joke.

(I haven’t talked to the npc to get my title. I honestly don’t think it’s worth the 30 seconds or whatever it would take.)

I think using the term “a lot” here is probably a bit of an overestimation. The people affected by this particular issue are people who crafted 2 of the same exact legendary weapon. Naturally I don’t know how many people that is but I am willing to bet it is an exceptionally small percentage of the player population.

Them adding the title doesn’t mean they are acknowledging they should do something, as if they feel obligated because they did something wrong. It is them giving something extra for players who feel they should get something. This is just a customer service nod. Good customer service often involves giving that little extra even when the customer is wrong and doesn’t deserve it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Might they have introduced the title to encourage people to make 2 of the same Legendary, now that the Wardrobe has sort of made that unnecessary? Maybe it is aimed at giving some certain people a goal they would not have had.

Lol. Stranger things have happened.

Fyrebrand.4859

Legendary weapons were never hard to get

That’s it, I’m outta here.

One Note Chord.5031

I think using the term “a lot” here is probably a bit of an overestimation. The people affected by this particular issue are people who crafted 2 of the same exact legendary weapon. Naturally I don’t know how many people that is but I am willing to bet it is an exceptionally small percentage of the player population.

Them adding the title doesn’t mean they are acknowledging they should do something, as if they feel obligated because they did something wrong. It is them giving something extra for players who feel they should get something. This is just a customer service nod. Good customer service often involves giving that little extra even when the customer is wrong and doesn’t deserve it.

Fair enough about a lot. I agree it’s not many, and of course there’s no point in quibbling over what counts as “a lot.”

But I just don’t understand this obsession with dessert. Again, I’m not saying that anybody deserves anything. It’s their game, they get to choose how to run it, and we can quit if we don’t like it. I don’t think anything I’ve said has relied on an assumption that they owe me anything.

Posted by: xil.5140

xil.5140

Disappointment after Disappointment. I’ll take my money elsewhere.

The money that has already been spent? kitten that’s hardcore!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

…. Why does this matter so much?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

I have 2 legendaries as well but why would you be disappointed. Those 2 legendaries are 100% top stats on any new updates until you get bored of the skins…

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: xil.5140

xil.5140

I have 2 legendaries as well but why would you be disappointed. Those 2 legendaries are 100% top stats on any new updates until you get bored of the skins…

And when you get board you can just reskin it with the wardrobe!

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Not only that, they’re account bound, able to select any stat for ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS..

Actually OP deserve nothing at all because of those convenient privilege (imagine how much money you’ll spend to make all stats type of ascended).
OP made 2 daggers/ swords/ axes/ etc knowing some classes will use two of them.
OP made his decision way back then, and also assuming it’ll be soul bound.

Now it becomes account bound, can pick any stats, and got a free title and 25 AP points, what more can OP ask?
In fact OP deserves nothing to begin with because he already made that decision way back then when it’s just exotic quality, soul bound, and with fixed stats.

Posted by: dyo.1263

dyo.1263

Funny how you can see this from both sides and both sides are right.

A legendary weapon. Why is this even “skinable”? I wouldn’t even allow it to be account bound let alone reskinable. It’s a legendary weapon. Doesn’t that mean it’s a super, duper, awesome, rare, ub33r, wow, pow item extremely hard to obtain? It surely sounds it has a status of being excepted from the wordrobe system. I wonder why it isn’t.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Actually, I really DON’T get what the “double legendary” side is grumping about.

NOTHING was taken away away from you. You are owed absolutely nothing, and anything you’ve gotten should have been received graciously. In fact, functionality was ADDED for you. You’re kittened because you feel someone else got MORE.

There’s a word for that. It starts with “e” and ends in “ntitled.”

hazenvirus.8154

Not only that, they’re account bound, able to select any stat for ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS..

Actually OP deserve nothing at all because of those convenient privilege (imagine how much money you’ll spend to make all stats type of ascended).

Now it becomes account bound, can pick any stats, and got a free title and 25 AP points, what more can OP ask?
In fact OP deserves nothing to begin with because he already made that decision way back then when it’s just exotic quality, soul bound, and with fixed stats.

It’s a couple thousand cheaper to make all Ascended, I checked. Highest stats? Ascended was said to be the last gear tier. Ascended is also more functional because you can make many with different sigils for different builds, and if you have a legendary already you get to skin it as one. I care about the skin far more than the junk bonuses and would much rather make ascended, who even uses all the stats anyway, top 2 stat combos are zerker/dire for sword and that is all I use. Ascended wins all around minus the skin.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

It’s a couple thousand cheaper to make all Ascended, I checked. Highest stats? Ascended was said to be the last gear tier. Ascended is also more functional because you can make many with different sigils for different builds, and if you have a legendary already you get to skin it as one. I care about the skin far more than the junk bonuses and would much rather make ascended, who even uses all the stats anyway, top 2 stat combos are zerker/dire for sword and that is all I use. Ascended wins all around minus the skin.

Are you sure? Did you forget something?

Both can switch stats anytime + sigil as usual. I don’t have to carry 5 different daggers/scepter stats.

I guess depends which class you play. Some class has more varieties for builds.

Attachments:

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

(edited by DJRiful.3749)

hazenvirus.8154

Are you sure? Did you forget something?

Both can switch stats anytime + sigil as usual. I don’t have to carry 5 different daggers/scepter stats.

I guess depends which class you play. Some class has more varieties for builds.

If you have to swap 5g sigils out consistently it is not worth it. Going between a condi build and power is terrible. Do you really just overwrite your sigils when you change builds?

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

hazenvirus.8154

+1 for this.

When you consider they told us ascended was the final tier I’d imagine it would be quite large. The legendary situation was really the final nail in the coffin for me though. I have 6 legendary weapons and couple sets of ascended. All I have to do is make legendaries and niche ascended sets so I my characters can look cool and have minor stat bonuses. The pve gameplay is stale for me and WvW is the only thing that seems fun. Unless they adjust the pve mechanics I just can’t be bothered to play after having to deal with support in that manner.

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I rather like the title myself.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

hazenvirus.8154

I rather like the title myself.

Considering the alternatives, legendary exchange or bonus effects, the title is very bland. Also the functionality is nonexistent compared to someone with one legendary and a couple ascended weapons. Sigil swapping library is the only thing in my mind that should have already been added and would have actually made legendary weapons a top tier item. Right now ascended beats them out for cost and functionality. The only one up legendary weapons have is and awesome skin, which is the primary concern of players who wanted a refund.

hazenvirus.8154

The point is that the skin matters. I would trade the whole extra legendary for just a legendary skin for my wardrobe and be happy.

hazenvirus.8154

The point is that the skin matters. I would trade the whole extra legendary for just a legendary skin for my wardrobe and be happy.