Twice-Told Legend ... really?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gang.2415

Gang.2415

I’ve crafted 8 legendaries and received only 25AP, and now people who made duplicate legendaries receive the same AP and a tittle.

What the hell? I mean 6 legendaries of difference and they receive more?

At least if you guys want to use this logic, make Eternity count for this achiev too … and yes i know eternity is not duplicate but you need 2 legendaries to make it.

Posted by: Figoli.5910

Figoli.5910

i frustated too! have no logic!

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I think they have to add gradual title system for this. For example a better title for more legendaries…
Until that, I will keep my legendary champion title ^^

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think this was done to sooth the whiners who crafted, say, 2 Incinerators, only to have that effort trivialized when the wardrobe system came out.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think it’s a fair compromise.

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

I think anet needs spank

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

To me it kinda sounds like a mock title.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yes, because you didn’t actually waste all the mats. People who crafted 2 of the same legendary with the amount of money and time they put in could have crafted two different legendaries. They would have had the skin unlocked if they’d known about the account wardrobe. When the wardrobe came out, those who crafted duel legendaries, wrongly or rightly, felt cheated.

So if you want to craft a second legendary of the same time, you can get that title. I don’t see a problem here.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

It shouldn’t have been a title. They could’ve compensated people with a token, to trade it in for another skin instead. Now, you’ll have people crafting 2 of the same legendaries for a title, which adds no gameplay value at all.

Vayne.8563

It shouldn’t have been a title. They could’ve compensated people with a token, to trade it in for another skin instead. Now, you’ll have people crafting 2 of the same legendaries for a title, which adds no gameplay value at all.

It does to them. No one can say what value to gameplay is for anyone but themselves. I know I won’t be making a duplicate legendary for that title.

Posted by: MrContrary.1264

MrContrary.1264

Omg, I know right?

It’s like this one time this lady in line next to me bought 2 packages of Oreos, but one had bugs in it, so they replaced it with a bag of Nutter Butters. I had 8 packages of Oreos in my cart and you know what they gave me? Nothing. No extra Nutter Butters! Sure, all my Oreos were fine, no bugs at all, but everyone could clearly tell that they were indeed Oreos, which is close enough to being bad Oreos, right?

Where’s the manager?

Vayne.8563

Omg, I know right?

It’s like this one time this lady in line next to me bought 2 packages of Oreos, but one had bugs in it, so they replaced it with a bag of Nutter Butters. I had 8 packages of Oreos in my cart and you know what they gave me? Nothing. No extra Nutter Butters! Sure, all my Oreos were fine, no bugs at all, but everyone could clearly tell that they were indeed Oreos, which is close enough to being bad Oreos, right?

Where’s the manager?

More like you bought two of the same expensive $10000 wall hangings and then found out they were having a sale buy one get one free, and you didn’t know about it. The sale started after you bought it. So you want back and they said here, have a bumper sticker for your car.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

So you want back and they said here, have a bumper sticker for your car.

It said “I shopped at Evon’s Discount Goods and all I got was this lousy sticker and a piece of a claim ticket for something neat.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Figoli.5910

no logic craft 5 legendaries and be lower reward then 2(duplicated but still 2).

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

I’ve crafted 8 legendaries and received only 25AP, and now people who made duplicate legendaries receive the same AP and a tittle.

At least if you guys want to use this logic, make Eternity count for this achiev too … and yes i know eternity is not duplicate but you need 2 legendaries to make it.

Be happy at least you got something you greedy ppl don’t forget NO ONE forced you to craft double legendaries or ANY legendary

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Obviously you can craft another duplicate legendary to receive the title. But obviously you wont’ do it because you think it is totally not worth it.

So if you think it is totally not worth it to craft a duplicate legendary just for title, why bother arguing against it.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Booo wooo So you have more legendaries..
Be happy you got anything in the first place besides your legendaries

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Because obviously all those legendary skins you have are worth nothing, seriously guys. People look for literally anything to complain about… Be glad you didn’t make 2 of the same legendaries which now have re-usable skins since they added the wardrobe.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

How is this an illogical decision? The title is meant to be a compensation for those who made the same legendary twice before the wardrobe update.

This.

You crafted 2 of the same legendaries – you get a title, 25 AP and a single legendary skin.

You crafted 2 different legendaries – you get two different legendary skins and are twice as cool to all the players as the guy next to you who made, say, dual legendary daggers.

If you ask me, then even 25 AP and a title is not worth losing 2000g. Even such a compensation is not enough, to say the truth, but it’s at least something done for these people and I think it was a nice move from ANet.

20 level 80s and counting.

Figoli.5910

How is this an illogical decision? The title is meant to be a compensation for those who made the same legendary twice before the wardrobe update.

This.

You crafted 2 of the same legendaries – you get a title, 25 AP and a single legendary skin.

You crafted 2 different legendaries – you get two different legendary skins and are twice as cool to all the players as the guy next to you who made, say, dual legendary daggers.

If you ask me, then even 25 AP and a title is not worth losing 2000g. Even such a compensation is not enough, to say the truth, but it’s at least something done for these people and I think it was a nice move from ANet.

i agree nice move ! but still no logic the achieve 5 legendary be so poor!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you crafted 2 or more different legendaries you didn’t get nothing from it. You got two different legendaries.

Whereas many people crafted two identical legendaries entirely because they wanted to dual wield them. Then the wardrobe update came along and they didn’t need two. That second legendary gave them nothing they didn’t already have.

So now they get a title for their second legendary, whereas you get a second legendary skin.

But importantly if you really think the title is worth the effort of making a duplicate legendary then you have that option. Make another version of a legendary you’ve already got and get the title. You have that option.

My guess is the majority of people complaining are fully aware of that, and also that unless you’re a hardcore title collector it’s not remotely worth it. But they want it anyway because it’s a new thing and are hoping complaining will get them the reward without the effort.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

^What he said. The OP and others are stating that they don’t understand the logic behind this. Well, that’s because they’re comparing the achievement that having crafted 5 Legendaries is with the achievement that having crafted 2 of the same Legendary is, and are confused as to why the reward is better for the latter. But this is not about achievement and reward, it’s about “work” and compensation. Namely, the work that some players did to be able to dual wield Legendary skins, and the compensation ANet decided was justified after they changed the rules and let everyone dual wield Legendaries without crafting a second.

And no, I did not make duplicate Legendaries, I just thought I’d spell this out for those who, for some mind-boggling reason, don’t seem to get it.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

To me it kinda sounds like a mock title.

this^ 15 charrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted by: Chibii.3698

Chibii.3698

Agree 100%. I have crafted 9 myself it would be nice to have a title for even getting the 5/5 achievement done

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I think the more pertinent thing to talk about in this case is why the rewards for crafting legendaries is so low. You get 5 achievement points per one, up to 25, and no special thing like a title or whatnot.

Sure, the real reward is getting the legendary skin unlocked and having an ascended quality item that can have its stats switched at a whim, but it is a bit lame to get a tiny 5 achievement points (half that of your typical jumping puzzle) for putting all that effort and resources into it. There could at least be a title for getting 5 legendaries (or maybe one for getting every legendary in the game).

The twice-told legend is really just to compensate people who got screwed by the wardrobe implementation. I’m sure most of them don’t even really care about it and wish they could exchange it for a different legendary anyways.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

What’s so hard for people to understand that you can get that same AP and title. No one is stopping you.

If you were somehow prohibited from ever getting that title, sure I could understand everyone’s delicious salty tears streaming down their cheeks, but complaining that you weren’t straight handed the AP and title (even though you do not meet the requirements of two duplicate legendaries) is just silly.

I guess OP will need to “craft” (read: purchase from TP) his 9th legendary that will be a duplicate of one he already has so he can get a measly 25pts and an underwhelming title.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Would have been easier to exclude legendaries from the wardrobe, you could have them account bound to swap around, but no reskin other weapons with a legendary look.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

From OP example you have FIVE more LEGENDARY weapons and SIX unlocked skins. The duplicate example have ONE skin unlocked and a title (that is quite lame).

OP’s definition of MORE is baffling…..

As stated above, if the title is THAT desirable to you, craft another of the 6 Legendarys you already have…..you will then meet the criteria for that title.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I don’t understand people’s counter arguments to the OP.

First: The OP is comparing what’s gained in the Achievements category, nowhere else. So why bring up other categories for comparison?

Second: Why does everyone bring up just the skins? I know some people probably still craft them solely for the skin, but you gain so much more now. You get the skin, the ascended stats with promise that they will forever be top-tier stats, and the ability to change these stats to any available combination.

So, someone who created two of the same Legendary didn’t lose anything with the Wardrobe addition. Unless they crafted the second Legendary solely for the skin, then they just lost time/effort; but if you’re going to compare the whole picture, you have to include the fact that they still gained the other Legendary benefits.

As someone who’s created more than two Legendaries, looking at the Achievements panel is kind of insulting. If I compare everything else, I still come out on top. However, I do not understand the reasoning for compensating people that opted to make a duplicate Legendary just for the skin, when you’ve already enhanced the Legendaries beyond mere skins.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

Be happy at least you got something you greedy ppl don’t forget NO ONE forced you to craft double legendaries or ANY legendary

Actually lots of people received full refunds for their duplicate legendary weapons. If you look for my thread about the title there is some information about it. Most of the people who got refunds were allowed to pick a legendary of equal or lesser value to replace their duplicate. The title is a poor substitute against players who received this treatment.

hazenvirus.8154

I don’t understand people’s counter arguments to the OP.

First: The OP is comparing what’s gained in the Achievements category, nowhere else. So why bring up other categories for comparison?

Second: Why does everyone bring up just the skins? I know some people probably still craft them solely for the skin, but you gain so much more now. You get the skin, the ascended stats with promise that they will forever be top-tier stats, and the ability to change these stats to any available combination.

So, someone who created two of the same Legendary didn’t lose anything with the Wardrobe addition. Unless they crafted the second Legendary solely for the skin, then they just lost time/effort; but if you’re going to compare the whole picture, you have to include the fact that they still gained the other Legendary benefits.

As someone who’s created more than two Legendaries, looking at the Achievements panel is kind of insulting. If I compare everything else, I still come out on top. However, I do not understand the reasoning for compensating people that opted to make a duplicate Legendary just for the skin, when you’ve already enhanced the Legendaries beyond mere skins.

It is is cheaper and more functional to make a bunch of ascended weapons in place a second legendary weapon. You can make every stat combo for much less than an ascended weapon like Bolt or Incinerator and have the most ideal sigils for each build in your ascended weapons. The cost of swapping sigils everytime you change builds makes Legendary weapons obsolete in functionality and cost. Look at the price of the best sigils for condition and power builds and ask yourself if the cost of overwriting those sigils is worth 5g if you go back and forth between a condi and power build at least daily.

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

If you have legendaries, THAT IS YOUR TROPHY. If you have more than 2 legendaries(like the OP, who has 8 ) what are you whining about? The legendary IS your trophy, not the title. The title is just for people who have 2 identical ones. You still have the best stats in the game that can be changed at will and you are still protected against further vertical progression.

hazenvirus.8154

If you have legendaries, THAT IS YOUR TROPHY. If you have more than 2 legendaries(like the OP, who has 8 ) what are you whining about? The legendary IS your trophy, not the title. The title is just for people who have 2 identical ones. You still have the best stats in the game that can be changed at will and you are still protected against further vertical progression.

People like to imagine ANet didn’t say ascended was the final tier. They won’t make another tier if the keep to their word. The title and AP is junk in both cases anyway. Making several legendaries is quite a process if you do it legitimately and aren’t lucky.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

People like to imagine ANet didn’t say ascended was the final tier. They won’t make another tier if the keep to their word. The title and AP is junk in both cases anyway. Making several legendaries is quite a process if you do it legitimately and aren’t lucky.

People like to assume they’re not going to keep their word. Even if they said “we’re not going to shut down the servers”, there’d be a certain section of population saying it was proof they were planning on it.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

People like to imagine ANet didn’t say ascended was the final tier. They won’t make another tier if the keep to their word.

“We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on. "

-Chris Whiteside

That is the only quote I could find (admittedly I did not spend hours searching) with a quote referencing new tiers of gear. It does not state that there will not be new tiers.

I would honestly love to see a quote that states definitively that there will never be another gear tier.

As to keeping their word, we were supposed to have BiS gear by level 80 and any grind would be for cosmetics, not stats.

hazenvirus.8154

People like to imagine ANet didn’t say ascended was the final tier. They won’t make another tier if the keep to their word.

“We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on. "

-Chris Whiteside

That is the only quote I could find (admittedly I did not spend hours searching) with a quote referencing new tiers of gear. It does not state that there will not be new tiers.

I would honestly love to see a quote that states definitively that there will never be another gear tier.

As to keeping their word, we were supposed to have BiS gear by level 80 and any grind would be for cosmetics, not stats.

I think you are right they have been very careful to avoid it and this is the quote I remembered. “That is why there is no plan for new Rarity Tiers of loot but there are plans to enhance or gain items within the existing rarity design whose properties continue on a shallow power curve.”

Posted by: ghorbak.2704

ghorbak.2704

I just wanna know, i’ve already craft Twilight. If i craft another one and Sunrise, and link them both to my acount. Will i get the title and the possibility to resell Eternity after (keeping the first twilight i’ve made) ?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I believe that should work, yes. The way to get the title is to take two copies of the same Legendary and show them to the NPC in Divinity’s Reach. What you do afterwards with those Legendaries makes no difference.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, it’s a mock title. kinda saying “kitten who made duplicate legendary”

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

I still don’t understand the prestige behind crafting a Legendary. They all look like garbage and are a complete waste of time. There are vendor weapons that look ten times better.

GS Berzerker Builds: Making Wammo style Warriors cry since 2012.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

My only complain about the double legendary title is the text at the npc…

Historian Dozza says:
I see you are a wielder of legends. I’m looking to speak with a hero whose soul has two of the same legendary weapons bound to it. Could you be the hero I seek?

And then the EPIC player response:
I am that hero! Here, witness my twin legendary weapons. Let me tell you how I came by them.

And the NPC says:
This is fantastic! You’ve truly had a remarkable journey. Go ahead and show all of Tyria your accomplishments, Twice-Told Legend!

Am I the only one that thinks getting a Legendary isn’t much of a remarkable journey but a boring grindfest? Accomplishments? More like epic TP playing skills, epic endless grinding/farming and/or help by the RNG gods I’d say.

Let me tell you how I came by them. / I opened the TP, searched for the Legendary I wanted and bought it with gold I made! How awesome is that.

But anyway back on topic.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

You can change stats on the fly out of combat I would say that make it worth it