Twilight Assault - Coming October 1st

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sjien.9765

Sjien.9765

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zqe7r5MQdiI

Twilight Arbor is a place of dark glamour and restless evil. Here, a bad seed has taken root… And her evil is growing. The assault begins on October 1 in Guild Wars 2!

Sjien.9765

Sjien.9765

Sylvari’s story oh yes ! , give me the Spark !

Attachments:

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

More blue weapons

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Tormentor.2508

Tormentor.2508

More back pieces

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

more content

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

It’s odd that they’re doing the reveal so early. Usually they do it the Tuesday mid-way through the previous patch (basically 1 week prior to the content previewed). But here we have them sneaking in screenshots to TeQuatl’s patch on this Tuesday -2 weeks prior- and then this video today on Friday. Just, it’s so odd…

As for the content: “Yay!”? I can’t tell if it’s a totally new dungeon that Scarlett is setting up Caledon Forest, or if she’s taken control of Twilight Arbor and morphed it’s aesthetics to match her own style? That will just have to wait for a see, I’d guess. However, a new dungeon experience is expected, which is great for the PvE crowd.

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Moar glowly blue kitten!!!

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I just want them to morph Twilight Arbor Forward/up to a form that people will actually want to run with me.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I thought Scarlet would be getting exposure once every 6 months, not every second month. Does anyone actually like her?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

kitten that backpack cover skin looks like kitten =/.. i think i’ll just do this living story for the ap.. lulz

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I thought Scarlet would be getting exposure once every 6 months, not every second month. Does anyone actually like her?

Her mommy and daddy like her. That’s two people. And the ANet staff, that’s 300, for a total of 302 people.

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

more greatswords…kittenit

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Whether it was known at the time or not, Scarlet has had ‘exposure’ since January of this past year. She’s the mastermind behind the Molten Alliance, the boss of the Aetherblades, and just an all around ‘luring in the shadows’ villain.

Only recently did she actually show her face at the Queen’s Speech. But her name already revealed her from overhearing the conversation between Mai Trin and Horrik (for those that paid attention and listened through the whole thing).

It’s even suspected that Canach’s plants -the ones used to make the Southsun creatures go crazy- were actually a product created by Scarlett. After all, Canach was sporting Molten Gauntlets as an indication of some contact with that group.

Edit: Yes, I like her. She has the kind of sociopathic crazy that is found in Harley Quinn, my favorite super villain of the DC universe. Even her looks are very similar to Quinn’s as well.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Whether it was known at the time or not, Scarlet has had ‘exposure’ since January of this past year. She’s the mastermind behind the Molten Alliance, the boss of the Aetherblades, and just an all around ‘luring in the shadows’ villain.

Only recently did she actually show her face at the Queen’s Speech. But her name already revealed her from overhearing the conversation between Mai Trin and Horrik (for those that paid attention and listened through the whole thing).

It’s even suspected that Canach’s plants -the ones used to make the Southsun creatures go crazy- were actually a product created by Scarlett. After all, Canach was sporting Molten Gauntlets as an indication of some contact with that group.

“Kinda there in the background” isn’t exactly what I’d call exposure.

Besides, where she was wasn’t the question. The question was whether anyone liked her.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I don’t HATE the character as a villain… if for any reason than there hasn’t really been enough opportunity to judge. I’m content to let that story play out and see where it goes before I say, “She sucks.”

I WOULD like to say though… uhh… I bought this game to fight dragons, not touched Sylvari. It would be kinda nice to go back to those big things that are supposedly tearing the world a new one.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Hopefully this will be the end of Scarlet.

That said, after the open world disaster known as Tequatl I do appreciate me some proper instanced content. Let’s hope it isn’t a total cakewalk. But more importantly, let’s hope it’s creative enough to show that the encounter design has progressed.

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I WOULD like to say though… uhh… I bought this game to fight dragons, not touched Sylvari. It would be kinda nice to go back to those big things that are supposedly tearing the world a new one.

I hear you. Nothing against the Living Story, but I miss the days when I was playing through the Personal Story for the first time. It was all customized to my character and stuff, or so it seemed at first. Then it was customized to Trahearne’s character, and we all know how that final boss fight went.

Apparently, this “Pact” is content to sit around and wait for their lieutenants to get more powerful. Speculation on their motivation is beyond the scope of this thread.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

LS story is weak and slow. That said, finally dungeons! They have remembered they exist, which means they should be updated. Now I do not want Scarlet in all the dungeons, but I never do TA as it sucks so they can not make it worse. Also the F&F dungeon was great, so as long as they follow that sort of idea then they can not go wrong.

I just hope this is permanent content and not some story mission for two weeks.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I hear you. Nothing against the Living Story, but I miss the days when I was playing through the Personal Story for the first time. It was all customized to my character and stuff, or so it seemed at first. Then it was customized to Trahearne’s character, and we all know how that final boss fight went.

Apparently, this “Pact” is content to sit around and wait for their lieutenants to get more powerful. Speculation on their motivation is beyond the scope of this thread.

Just wait until the Pact goes after Bubbles. Anet doesn’t want us killing all the Elder Dragons so quickly.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The backpack preview icon is the same as the one with the bird in cage. :P

The Burninator

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Her mommy and daddy like her. That’s two people. And the ANet staff, that’s 300, for a total of 302 people.

Being sylvari, I don’t think she has a mommy and daddy. So make that 300. Though I’ll bet there are more than a few at Anet who don’t like her but are afraid to speak up.

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I like Scarlett! She’s a little bit crazier and more maniacal than your typical cookie-cutter villain. I’m glad they’re giving the Sylvari a little bit more attention too. I’ve never played one and they’re by far my least favorite race personally, but that’s mostly because they’re so underdeveloped in the overall lore. I want to see some more human god action, but it seems like they won’t get around to that until they impress upon us the fact that the other races are important too… so bring on the salad heads! Lets get them out of the way so we can do some fun stuff with the Norn awesomeness, the human gods, or maybe the eternal alchemy.

Posted by: Grumpy Dolan.5381

Grumpy Dolan.5381

Scarlet suffers Trahearne syndrome – he stole personal story from us, she stole villain place from dragons.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Scarlet suffers Trahearne syndrome – he stole personal story from us, she stole villain place from dragons.

On the plus side, she has a GREAT voice actress. I wish my wife could make the sounds voices she makes.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I like Scarlet, and I like her shenanigans.

I would actually like it if the Twilight Assault has something that ties into her. Maybe not an appearance, but clues that she may have had something to do with it.

In the absence of more Elder Dragons, having a villain around gives us something to fight for (other than running around trying to catch up to the champ train.)

@Fungalfoot: I really don’t see TQ as a disaster. I think most of the players that complain were woefully unprepared for something like it, and as people learn the encounter, taking it down won’t be as difficult as it is now.

Don’t get me wrong, there are serious issues with it, but all in all, I have had a blast every time I have gone to try, and I didn’t give a kitten that we failed and got a pittance (or nothing at all.)

Sometimes it’s not about how fast you can blow through it. I remember days when we had epic raids, some of which lasted for days, not minutes (Yeah, I’m old…) TQ is nothing compared to some of them.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

On the plus side, she has a GREAT voice actress. I wish my wife could make the sounds voices she makes.

http://i.imgur.com/MOCfOkd.jpg

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Sounds like fun, and yes I do like Scarlet. A little too much of the typical anime villain, but then I like anime. The voice acting though is great!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Oh yay, more cosmetic crap that is completely and utterly useless to engineers. Why don’t they just go ahead and remove that profession from the game already?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Embarrassingly, I like her. lol

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

So… uh… where’s the Halloween stuff? Is it going to be added for the second October patch? I guess that would make sense considering Halloween isn’t until the end of the month anyway, but I was hoping for a month of awesome Halloween-décor Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Being sylvari, I don’t think she has a mommy and daddy. So make that 300. Though I’ll bet there are more than a few at Anet who don’t like her but are afraid to speak up.

OMG that’s right! (Scratches 2 names off her list).

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I already have a Glowy Blue sword from not sucking at fighting a Lupicus.
All others pale in comparison IMHO…

And what’s up with this Mary Sue again?? ….inb4 she’s the Mad King’s Pony by Oct 31st

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I really like the character they created with Scarlet.

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

I like Scarlet, imo she is funny
I also like her character artwork, but her ingame model is pretty ugly :S
(even the 3D Cathie pales against her own concept art .-.)

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Meh, more pve content like we don’t have so much already… Add new pk modes, and pvp content to make this game go further…

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

Scarlet again, are you serious?
This pigtail plant is one of the most pitiful villains I’ve ever seen.
I don’t understand why Anet is designing so much content around her.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

well I highly doubt this is the end of scarlet. We’ll be fighting her for some time to come would be my guess.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Scarlet again, are you serious?
This pigtail plant is one of the most pitiful villains I’ve ever seen.
I don’t understand why Anet is designing so much content around her.

I suppose it is all subjective, and I only warmed up to her after reading the short story they released. But to say one of the most pitiful villains is a bit much suggesting you don’t watch much T.V.. But then I guess to each their own.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

more ugly reskins and casual assaults that end up not by one but three festivals where the whole Tyria is invited…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Meh. Don’t much care for this Scarlet business at all. Very not interesting story line.

Meh, more pve content like we don’t have so much already… Add new pk modes, and pvp content to make this game go further…

Funny, I think that PVP content is what is killing PVE, where the majority of the player base is.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Meh. Don’t much care for this Scarlet business at all. Very not interesting story line.

Funny, I think that PVP content is what is killing PVE, where the majority of the player base is.

Agreed, the PvP in this game is atrocious.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

They should just delete pvp.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

PvP is what’s holding this game back. So many needless restrictions, stupid decisions and random crap 95% of the players have to put up with to cater to this sick unrealistic fantasy the devs have of making this game an “E-sport”

The game would be much better off if they scrapped PvP entirely.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Agreed, the PvP in this game is atrocious.

As bad as you make PvP sound I find living story far worse.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

And another ridiculous looking backpiece. Seriously Anet, how about one that actually looks good with armor?

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Umut.5471

This game was advertised as a pk/pvp oriented game like gw1, pve is just pointless, not rewarding and not enjoyable in a cosmetic game after an end-game point (after having all gear). Why everything is cosmetic and even-balanced? because this was supposed to be a pvp/pk game with even item balance in order to prevent pay2win or grind2win systems and allow casuals to fight without grinding. So, what’s the point of a pve oriented cosmetic, stat balanced game if you can’t grind gear in pve and be stronger? Is killing brainless straightforward computer controlled mobs over and over fun ? Why majority of the player base is pve fans? Because so many players from pvp player base have quit because of underrated pvp modes. You guys only think about spvp when i say pvp, wvw is a pvp area too. We need more pvp interaction areas besides spvp and wvw. Why players get bored and whine here all day ? Because there’s so limited pk action in this game compared to other mmos. Yes, wvw is mainly(80%) pvd/pve too and this makes wvw boring after some time. We need a zone with more player vs player fights than wvw. Think about other succesful mmos, they had 7/24 pk action in their open world pvp zones, this is how a game makes its players addicts after completing all items. Don’t think selfish, think about end-game players too, pve content just attracts new players or loyal pve fans. For a personal example, I have 2x legendary weapons, an ascended wpn, all asc. trinkets and all high-grade cosmetic items, what can I do in pve after this point ? I’ve finished my pve gameplay. I want to continue this game with new pvp areas, zones and with more player vs player action. I don’t say that we don’t need new pve content, but besides new pve content every 2 weeks, we also need new pvp content/zones and areas too. There’s so many players who think like me as I see. So don’t be selfish and be considerate against all types of players. I just wish them to give same importance to both pve and pvp(non-spvp) modes. Maybe underrated pvp modes is why you don’t like pvp that much. For example we still don’t have seperate gvg championship mode in a game named “guild wars”. I’m a fan of this game and I just want this game to go further and attract more ppl. I’m sure this is what arenanet wants too.

(edited by Umut.5471)

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I love Scarlet! She’s so maniacal and crazy. She’s one of the few villains that makes it feel like the world is in danger if you don’t stop her, (besides the dragons).

It’s too bad how some people can’t see how good of a villain she is.

…Even with the dragons around, there’s always other heroes and villains been born, and Scarlet is one of them.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Well, all the advertising I saw stressed PVE and WVW. I don’t care for PVP in any format… except for zerging. Big zerg fights in WvW I find fun after a few stiff drinks. The 20-30 people I play with regularly do not PVP. Two of them are constantly in WvW. None of them are constantly in s/tPVP. I know a few, literally, who go to s/tPVP for the daily APs. I figure if PVP is really popular when I go into to the Mists and look at the available rounds going, most of them would be full, not empty like they are. And Anet has given all the balance priority to s/tPvP. That’s where my hate of the PVP comes from. My ranger was nerfed many times because of PvP. Plenty of reasons to hate it, not many to like it. I know many others who have been incredibly unhappy about balance in PVE because of PVP. If they had split the majority of it from the beginning maybe I wouldn’t hate PVP. Too late now. So yeah, when I say majority of the player base its because the majority of players I see are in PVE and not in the s/tPVP arenas. I know one friend of mine who gave up on PVP because he couldn’t get anyone he knows to go there, ever. I’d say PvP is just as much as a priority or more than PVE given they balance classes around PVP, for the most part. The more they split, the better it gets. I read just as much PVP stuff from the patches as I do PVE. The only difference is the PVE stuff is flashier. And there is plenty of stuff to do in PVE. Dungeons, Fractals, Grinding… Well, if you don’t want to do any of that (like I don’t care to PVP) then that’s your choice. You are choosing PVP to be your end game. I am not. Despite what I said earlier though, I do have to say that the resources that are needed for LS updates seem to take a lot more than the PVP updates I have seen since the LS began… which tells me thats where the bulk of the player base is and where they know their income comes from

This is a matter of different strokes for different folks.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

(edited by thefantasticg.3984)

Umut.5471

My ranger was nerfed many times because of PvP. Plenty of reasons to hate it, not many to like it.

I completely agree with you on this matter. They have to seperate pvp and pve balance from each other. They call my main class, condition necromancer op in spvp, but it sucks in pve because of 25 stack condition limit. You know, I can’t even deal a little damage to get loot from champs or bosses sometimes. Hopefully looks like they’ve noticed pvp/pve balance problems and looks like they’ll sepereate them a little in oct. 15th patch. I hope they balance classes and builds in pve after this patch too.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/October-15th-balance-skills-updates-preview/first