Twilight + Sunrise = Eternity..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TerminASA.8253

TerminASA.8253

Hi, So what i will be talking about in this topic is a pretty popular discussion that has been going on since the game came out, Here i start:

I will start with what i know about each of Twilight, Sunrise and Eternity, so, Twilight and Sunrise are greatswords with awesome legendary skin, almost all players consider them as legendary. yet, the game dont, as a matter of fact, you dont get the “legendary” achievement when you wield either Sunrise or Twilight, and of all that, you have to go through the same pain to create one of those two gs as any other legendary in the game, so my question and discussion here is that why did Arena Net make Eternity be so hard to get as you have to make two legendary greatswords that will take you alot of time and waste of money just to make it? why they did that with only greatswords? why would they make players go through alot of pain to get it? is it that special?

So yeah, here is my topic. its something that has been bothering me lately, so i wanted to share it with you as an OPEN discussion.. thanks.

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Even though I have no desire to create either of them, I do agree that it’s a bit of a strange design choice.

If it has legendary stats, it should count as a legendary item and count towards the achievement.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

I made and equipped Twilight and got the achievement so I’m not really sure what you’re talking about. Unless this is a recent change.

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Short answer: no, it’s not that special. A lot of people prefer Twilight or Sunrise depending on their armor and don’t actually want the skin to change based on time of day. I know that’s the only reason I’m not getting it. The Sunrise skin just looks odd with my armor, while Twilight looks amazing.

I have no idea why Eternity is the only legendary that is crafted from two other legendaries.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Cyrrin.1230

Cyrrin.1230

I have eternity and have the achievements.. Not too sure what you’re talking about either.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I made and equipped Twilight and got the achievement so I’m not really sure what you’re talking about. Unless this is a recent change.

Twice-told legend perhaps? Think he’s suggesting if you make Twilight and make Sunrise, you should get the twice-told legend title, since they are pretty much the same weapon. However, that defeats the entire purpose of the title as it was a measure to appease those who made two Incinerators, for example, and then the wardrobe came out, essentially meaning they didn’t have to craft a second one in order to get the look anymore. So they get some AP and a snazzy title.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

I’m not sure what this is about. Sunrise, Twilight and Eternity all count as legendaries and all 3 count for the Legendary Collector achievement.

If anything, you get 3 legendaries for the price of 2…

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

As I understand it, the original plan was to make one great-sword Legendary like everything else. Eternity was designed first, and then someone realised that the day and night effects were good enough to be legendary weapons in their own right, so there ended up being three great-swords instead of one.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

no achievement for Eternity ? , it’s nothing ..

There is an achievement (5/5) if you account bound 5 legendary but you get no title …
You can’t feel special because anyone can buy them with a credit card … however i would like to see a achievement and title for crafting them AND account bound the weapons ….even if you can buy with real money directly some of the mats you have to work hard for the clovers / karma / map completions , maybe something like ‘’ legendary Crafter ’’ 10/10

i crafted 12 of them , all account bound

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

no achievement for Eternity ? , it’s nothing ..

There is an achievement (5/5) if you account bound 5 legendary but you get no title …
You can’t feel special because anyone can buy them with a credit card … however i would like to see a achievement and title for crafting them AND account bound the weapons ….even if you can buy with real money directly some of the mats you have to work hard for the clovers / karma / map completions , maybe something like ‘’ legendary Crafter ’’ 10/10

i crafted 12 of them , all account bound

i agree with your points, check out the post i made a few days ago and see if my idea feels more legendary than the current way of making/buying them.i crafted all the legendaries my main, engineer can wield = 5 legendaries.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-wish-for-the-new-legendaries/first#post4796168

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Hi, So what i will be talking about in this topic is a pretty popular discussion that has been going on since the game came out, Here i start:

I will start with what i know about each of Twilight, Sunrise and Eternity, so, Twilight and Sunrise are greatswords with awesome legendary skin, almost all players consider them as legendary. yet, the game dont, as a matter of fact, you dont get the “legendary” achievement when you wield either Sunrise or Twilight, and of all that, you have to go through the same pain to create one of those two gs as any other legendary in the game, so my question and discussion here is that why did Arena Net make Eternity be so hard to get as you have to make two legendary greatswords that will take you alot of time and waste of money just to make it? why they did that with only greatswords? why would they make players go through alot of pain to get it? is it that special?

So yeah, here is my topic. its something that has been bothering me lately, so i wanted to share it with you as an OPEN discussion.. thanks.

False

Attachments:

Posted by: SoulPrime.8029

SoulPrime.8029

i have etenity but only 2/3 counted ;x

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

i have etenity but only 2/3 counted ;x

Potential reason, did you soulbind/account bind both Sunrise and Twilight before turning them into Eternity?

If not its possible it never counted whichever one you didn’t bind. Which I would submit a bug report for, but its possible that would require a larger than worthwhile rework to fix.