TwitchCon Ticket Giveaway

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Attention Guild Wars 2 players! We’re giving away 5 pairs of tickets to enable you to attend TwitchCon, Twitch’s inaugural convention being held in San Francisco, California, on September 25 and 26, 2015. If you’re local to the Bay Area, or if you can get yourself there, enter to win a ticket for yourself and a guild member, friend, or family member.

To enter, let us know (in 50 words or less) on this forum thread why we should sponsor YOU to attend TwitchCon. Deadline for submission is Monday, September 14, at 9:00 AM Pacific Time.

We will announce the results of the contest by Tuesday, September 15, right here in this very forum thread. You will need to respond with a PM within 24 hours with your name and mailing address so that we can mail you your pair of free tickets. Enter now and we’ll see you at the show!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Anet will attend and show off something new about gw2 there?

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

I’m a huge fan on GW2, been playing since pre-release. I would take my girlfriend with me she plays lots of GW2 as well. Neither of us have attended a gaming event like PAX, E3, Twitch Con but have always wanted to. We are hyped for HoT and can’t wait.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Anet will attend and show off something new about gw2 there?

Yes.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

My partner doesn’t like me to play game much (so I only login casually). I hope this is a chance to win her mind! Help me ANet, please. Maybe you will get another customer too!

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: Gjay.9657

Gjay.9657

Will you be giving the flight to twitchCon aswell?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Read the OP more carefully, as it contains:

“If you’re local to the Bay Area, or if you can get yourself there, enter to win … "

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Unfortunately I’m not local (nor can I afford a plane ticket right now), but I’d love to attend something like this at least once in my lifetime. I’ve never been to any type of game convention thing. XD

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Gerolux.5978

Gerolux.5978

Im not local. In fact, im the furthest thing from local… on the east coast. Getting out there wouldnt be difficult for me(although expensive, I would be able to scrounge together the money), getting in would be.

I have been a gamer my entire life, yet have never been to a gaming convention. I just want to meet up with other gamers and make some new friends. I want to meet the devs and personally thank them for the time and energy they put in to making the games we enjoy. I want to show the devs how awesome they are and how awesome the community is that they have created after not just 3 years it has been around since launch, but even the 5 years prior to that when the game was first announced.

I will be playing GW2 in the years to come and want the devs and fans to be there the entire way.

Posted by: vickyjust.4126

vickyjust.4126

I live in the Bay Area and would love to attend. I had plans to attend PAX Prime to see you guys but in the end wasn’t able to go. This would be my first convention and I hope you guys pick me.

Posted by: Mtch.1430

Mtch.1430

Guys obviously you just need to speak the password and they will give you the tickets.
So why should we sponsor YOU to attend TwitchCon?

zee zee fly

See you at TwitchCon!

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Hooray! I live in the Bay area!

I live here with my boyfriend, who also plays GW2. I love this game, the adventures, and the friendships that have come from it. I have never been to a gaming convention- and what better reason than to go for GW2! I would have so much fun going on a date to a video game convention!

Is it cheating if I copy/paste this on my alt account?
Edited to shorten, but I can’t get under 50 words so I hope that doesn’t count against me.

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Operative words in bold:

Attention Guild Wars 2 players! We’re giving away 5 pairs of tickets to enable you to attend TwitchCon, Twitch’s inaugural convention being held in San Francisco, California, on September 25 and 26, 2015. If you’re local to the Bay Area, or if you can get yourself there, enter to win a ticket for yourself and a guild member, friend, or family member.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Love the entries so far. Keep ’em coming!

And thanks for the GW2 love.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: brently.7946

brently.7946

I love guild wars and have played since Nightfall. 1,846 hours and 58 minutes with 5,885 deaths. Please don’t add 1 to that count by not picking me.

Also, my bff since 2003 lives there so I would road trip with my sister (gw2 fan) and visit her!

Edit: Account has 4,316 hours and 38 min.

(edited by brently.7946)

Posted by: Monk Overlord.6283

Monk Overlord.6283

The Guild Wars franchise has been a staple in my life since the original game first came out. It was one of my first real MMO experiences and has stuck with me ever since. I would love to come to TwitchCon and preview the next big step in this journey.

Posted by: cyberknight.3258

cyberknight.3258

I have a whole network of streamers and shoutcasters that would love to possibly do something for Guild Wars. Being able to go to Twitch Con and check out the expansion first hand would let us go ahead and go forward with ideas that we have to possibly have PvP or PvE shoutcasting. So it would be incredible for Casters Caravan to have a representative at TwitchCon so that we can go ahead and do this.

Posted by: Lukian Darkblade.8012

Lukian Darkblade.8012

For me this would be an awesome dream to come to true. Well, I guess I can’t say dream but I have wanted to go to a big Convention since I was a wee lad and now that I’ve started streaming and such(Not too big yet, only just hit 2,100 Followers) I would love to be able to go.

I’ve been in the Guild Wars Community since the first game and now have thousands of hours in Guild Wars 2. That being said, the Guild Wars 2 Twitch community has welcomed me with open arms and has helped me meet some of the best people. This would give me a chance to meet some of these people face to face as well as getting some experience with the new expansion.

If you’d like you could even check out my Stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/lukiandarkblade8012

This is a great thing you guys are doing Anet! <3

Commander Lukian Darkblade | Fort Aspenwood
Leader of [TTA]The Tenacious Affliction

Pink Ninja Man.4375

To enter, let us know (in 50 words or less) on this forum thread why we should sponsor YOU to attend TwitchCon.

Tough Requirement it seems, probably because of how awesome the game is and how cool this Giveaway is. Keep being awesome ArenaNet

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Baked cookies for Gaile
Will appear, Moscone West
Our fortune unfolds.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RISKorRIOT.4805

RISKorRIOT.4805

A small broadcasting enthusiast and a lover of the twitch community here! Live across the Golden Gate and would love to say hello to my favorite entertainers who would be there.

Good luck to everyone else entering as well!

Posted by: Ponyan.3471

Ponyan.3471

That sounds like it would be fun! I have been playing since release with only a small break. My girlfriend has also been playing for a couple months since I got it for her. Don’t worry, I live in SF!

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Because I stream sniped Jessica during Ready Up Episode 6

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Posted by: ShadowWip.2145

ShadowWip.2145

I’ve only played a little bit over a couple months, but what I have experienced about GW2 is amazing!

Posted by: Vasshti.6198

Vasshti.6198

Never been to a convention before but love the game, been playing since GW1. After my husband and I met we spent a lot of time on GW chatting and getting to know eachother, match made in heaven. I would love to take him to TwitchCon!

Vasshti
Guild Leader: Salt of the Earth
www.saltgaming.org

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Not only am I from the Bay Area…I remember when ArenaNet was called Triforge(then semi-vanished) until reemerging with the original GW announcement. I’ve been around since that very first E3 week. Bonus…no one to take…offer potential extra ticket…FREE!

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Give me tickets or the frog gets it!!

( Only joking Gaile, unfit to travel to SF atm :’( )

Have fun twitching!

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

Why I should get 2 of those tickets.

I’m local. I’ve been a fan of Guild Wars for about 7 years now. I came to GW2 with about 40 friends from GW1 and we started a guild in GW2. Same guild, same server and we’re at about 490 members now. Did I mention I’ve introduced GW to several of my family members?

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Joined the GW family in 2006 and have played GW2 since early access.
I have two boys (11 & 13) who have both said they’d like a career in computer games.
This would be a great chance to expose one of them to the broader industry.

Posted by: qswagg.9056

qswagg.9056

When GW2 became F2P I made my older brother get it. With a wife and baby, it’s been years since he played a video game, but the new F2P model meant he didn’t have to invest much to play with me. Now we text each other all the time about GW2. Would love to take him to this event just so he can enjoy himself and hopefully remind him of the bond we once shared through our love of gaming.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Because my name is uh oh hot dog.

But I can’t make it there so you should give my ticket to someone else.

Posted by: realnatedogg.1285

realnatedogg.1285

I haven’t been playing Guild Wars 2 as much as I should be. But I would like to attend TwitchCon to meet friends I have met streaming/modding for other Twitch channels. As well as meet streamers I mod for.

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

- Live in the Bay Area.
- Created the NODE guild recruitment video and it would be fun to see how it is used and people’s reactions to it.
- Original GW1 player because ArenaNet was a spin-off from old Blizzard, where some friends used to work in QA and Support. I am an uncredited tester of WC2.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Just a reminder and to be super clear: We’re offering a pair of tickets to 5 winners. We are not able to host travel, lodging, or any other costs.

If you’re local or can get to and stay in SFO on your own dime, please consider entering!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: secror.4812

secror.4812

I love the game and all that like everybody else that typed it over here, but most of all…
I need to get to TwitchCon because my GW2 player wife really wants to go and I want her to be happy!
HELP ME ARENANET hands to the sky

Posted by: Ashodin.7604

Ashodin.7604

I have a guildie from our guild [GAF] that I’d love to meet and he lives in California. We’ve been friends ever since before GW2 launched, and he taught me everything there is to know about the game before I ever played. I would document the entire experience for ArenaNet!

Posted by: Lady Sinaea.7043

Lady Sinaea.7043

I’m a Bay Area local and Twitch streamer who met my husband while I was podcasting for GW1. He was in England; we played on international servers. We have a lovely little progeny of our own now. That little boy is the only thing I love more than Guild Wars.

Lady Sinaea
co-host of the original GuildCast
http://www.twitch.tv/sinaea

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

I’ve been playing this game (and gw1) since 2006. Started a great group of friends in a guild called [Shdw]. Would use the tickets to hype and bring a new friend that i just forced into gw2

Posted by: kamflorida.1083

kamflorida.1083

I will WALK from NC to San Francisco to be able to see you guys at TwitchCon! We have a fantastic community that we’ve gotten addicted, i mean started up playing (laughs ) now that it’s gone f2p- #filthycasuals. Beta players & will be HOT players too! <3GW2

Posted by: Pipistrelle.3026

Pipistrelle.3026

My husband and I are Bay Area gamers and avid GW2 players. He’s the reason that I started gaming, and he’s what makes it fun. Our 10 year anniversary is coming up, and I’d love to surprise my husband with tickets to TwitchCon!

Posted by: Ancientwolfgr.1648

Ancientwolfgr.1648

Twitch – is she single? Never heard any of her stuff, didn’t she date Steven Tyler or something?

Posted by: Xelfyar.3829

Xelfyar.3829

My wife and I are Bay Area gamers, and we’ve been talking about doing a Guild Wars 2 stream of the entire leveling experience. It looks like TwitchCon would be a great place for us to get started. Plus, we’ll wear our GW2 quaggan and/or panda hats both days.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Are you guys going to be there both days (25th and 26th)?
Could you provide a little bit more information regarding the event?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Are you guys going to be there both days (25th and 26th)?
Could you provide a little bit more information regarding the event?

I’m wondering as well. We want to buy tickets if we don’t win here, but not for both days since two-day tickets are “sold out.” I’d like to attend on the day we get the most info

Pink Ninja Man.4375

We will announce the results of the contest by Tuesday, September 15, right here in this very forum thread.

Any updates? It happens to be Tuesday the 15th. The sooner the better so I can ask of work if I win.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey all,

We will be contacting the winners today, and you’ll have 24 hours to respond to confirm your win. Otherwise, we have a handy little forge into which we’ll toss all remaining entries and hope for a gold in return.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Well, I PMd all five winners, and did not hear from one by the deadline. Makes us sad, but I’m sure everyone will understand that we must set a response deadline so that we don’t have tickets that go without an owner!

Sooooo… I’m revisiting the entries and sending a new PM right now. Please check your mail and if you’re the winner who received notification today, please respond ASAP because we need to mail out the tickets tomorrow!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well, I PMd all five winners, and did not hear from one by the deadline. Makes us sad, but I’m sure everyone will understand that we must set a response deadline so that we don’t have tickets that go without an owner!

Sooooo… I’m revisiting the entries and sending a new PM right now. Please check your mail and if you’re the winner who received notification today, please respond ASAP because we need to mail out the tickets tomorrow!

Gz to those heading to TwitchCon for free, beating the long odds of 32 entries for five (arguably six) winners.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I would have loved to have entered, but alas I have no way to get to San Francisco on my own dime for the convention so I had to pass. Good luck to everyone and hopefully everyone has fun.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

Well, I PMd all five winners, and did not hear from one by the deadline.

I think everyone on this board is not surprised.