Two loading screens

Two loading screens

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sorin.6713

Sorin.6713

Not really a big deal or anything, I’m just curious if it’s normal to get two loading screens each time I change maps. It just seemed odd to me. I go through one loading screen, then it flashes to my desktop, then back to a second loading screen, then it proceeds as normal.

Does it happen this way for everyone, or is it some oddity on my end?

Two loading screens

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

I get this issue every single time I enter WvW

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Two loading screens

Sorin.6713

I get this issue every single time I enter WvW

So it doesn’t happen outside of WvW for you?

Two loading screens

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Nope, only those maps

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Two loading screens

Sorin.6713

I see, thanks. I wonder what’s causing it then.

Two loading screens

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

That happens occasionally to me when first entering wvw.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Two loading screens

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I think (but I’m not sure) that this happens when you are transferred to another server.

The setup if I remember right, is pretty much that they have x amount of servers, and data is thrown from server to server as is seen fit.

This means that servers with less load, will get data from high load servers moved to them so as to even the load out.

Note: I am not talking worlds, I am talking servers, as in the hardware sitting in the building where the computer stuff is.

This happens a lot in WvW and spvp. To an extent I think it involves worlds as well.

I know that in WvW and sPvP if you look at the location of a friend/guildie who has entered it will often have them listed in a different world.

This means that spvp is moved from world to world based on load.
WvW does something similar. I know that the world that shows up in the status isn’t always one of them we are fighting.

I also noticed it happens a lot when leaving and entering LA. Since LA is a high population zone, I could see them shuffling it to the low pop servers.

The first load screen I think is the transfer, and the second I think is the real load.

This is not de facto information! This is just what I’ve pieced together and I could be wrong.

Two loading screens

Sorin.6713

I’m not so sure. This happens to me with every loading screen that takes me to a new map. I’ve not had a single one since I started playing that behaved differently.

Two loading screens

Posted by: endurio.7065

endurio.7065

Yes, this happens to me too with my new router (netgear dgnd3700) when I switch to my old router (netgear dg834g) I dont have this problem. I blame bad router firmware as overall adsl performance of my new router is much worse than my old router. I am also playing on the mac client, but I don’t think that is the reason.

Two loading screens

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

From the way I understood it you load once onto the map, and then the second load is the client moving you to the correct location on the map and rendering the local area.

I’ve had times when I get a brief moment of control between the loads and basically my character is stood in a huge blue half-rendered map. The second load screen seems to just be window dressing so you don’t watch the game render everything.

Two loading screens

Posted by: SoulTrain.2157

SoulTrain.2157

ive wondered about this to. it happens to me everytime i load the game and go to different zones. itll load up the loading background for about 5-10 seconds then go off then load it back up for like 1 second then the game loads. sometimes i dont even touch the keyboard until the first one finishes loading because i know the second one lets me know when its finished lol.