Tyria map rewards

Tyria map rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: garrettx.3452

garrettx.3452

Ok so I never really bothered with those before but now I need to farm for my legendary. And I am wondering: Is there a way to track our progress in a map? I know that in HoT maps there is a progress bar over the minimap but yesterday I was playing in mount maelstrom but there is no such bar… I can I know when I’m near completion for the current reward?

Or is there kind of a ratio? Like “doing 3 events guarantees the current reward” ?

Tyria map rewards

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

The wiki explains it better. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward
But it is based on points gained per event. Once the point is achieved you gain the bonus. But as for when it is close I can only guess by keeping mental count unless someone else knows a better way.

Tyria map rewards

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s no progress bar for the map rewards in Core Tyria.

Basically, you get a new map reward in core zones every two gold-level events.

PS why do you need to bother with Tyria map rewards for your legendary? As far as I know, you can obtain everything except bandit crests & geodes from other sources (which is how I do it — farming makes me fall asleep).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Tyria map rewards

Posted by: garrettx.3452

garrettx.3452

PS why do you need to bother with Tyria map rewards for your legendary? As far as I know, you can obtain everything except bandit crests & geodes from other sources (which is how I do it — farming makes me fall asleep).

Well I use map crests that I buy from pact vendors but I do not have much gold so I can’t really buy everything… I know that I can get bags of crafting gear from the laurel merchant but I don’t want to wait for each daily that gives laurels… If you have other means please share. I’m trying to gather juggernaut.

Tyria map rewards

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can do any content that awards loot you salvage or sell, and use the Gold to purchase the mats you need. I think The Silverwastes is still considered profitable, as well as Orr.

I think one of the only times players farm Map Rewards is when Frostgorge gives Blood and Eyes, or something like that.

Tyria map rewards

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They are a bit nicer if you want to focus on a specific t6.

Tyria map rewards

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can focus all I want on the TP instead. I’d much rather play the game for fun and divest myself of the stuff I don’t need, use the resulting coin to pay for the things I want.

Mind you, I frequently can’t afford those things, so it can take a while to save up.

Tyria map rewards

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I can focus all I want on the TP instead. I’d much rather play the game for fun and divest myself of the stuff I don’t need, use the resulting coin to pay for the things I want.

Mind you, I frequently can’t afford those things, so it can take a while to save up.

You say you play what’s fun for you right? Well for some people going back to old maps they may have not played on for a year or more and re-experiencing it all again may just be fun for them.

In fact there may even be content there they have not seen before. Events perhaps if they rushed through the maps early on to see the end of the PS or get their world completes over and done with.

Sure it may not be the best way to get things but hey it’s certainly not the worst either. Actually I might question if it would be slower or quicker than your method if you are not doing the most efficient/best gold making method. Especially considering you said yourself it can take a while to save up playing the way you play.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Tyria map rewards

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You say you play what’s fun for you right? Well for some people going back to old maps they may have not played on for a year or more and re-experiencing it all again may just be fun for them.

In fact there may even be content there they have not seen before. Events perhaps if they rushed through the maps early on to see the end of the PS or get their world completes over and done with.

Sure it may not be the best way to get things but hey it’s certainly not the worst either. Actually I might question if it would be slower or quicker than your method if you are not doing the most efficient/best gold making method. Especially considering you said yourself it can take a while to save up playing the way you play.

You realize we’re discussing completely different approaches. Without context, all I could glean from the OP was an interest in getting T6 mats. For that, it’s most efficient to farm gold, buy on the TP.

But of course, economic efficiency is only one factor. Some people prefer to “gather their own” — that’s inherently less efficient and for some (like me) it’s dull. Another factor, as you say, is having an excuse to return to other areas; it can be fun to re-explore forgotten maps.

Which is why I asked what the OP was trying to do. If the only interest is in getting T6 fast, map rewards aren’t the best way to go. If they have other interests, well, of course, there are other options which will suit their needs better.