Tyria mastery points

Tyria mastery points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BoneHead.1064

BoneHead.1064

Why can’t Gw2 payed account’s not use the Tyria mastery points ?

They payed for the game and are excluded for a lot of Tyria content because of HOT ?

Its better to BURN out then FADE away

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

If you are upset that the masteries are not working even thou you have HoT than that is a bug and should be reported.

If you are upset because an expansion (HoT) came out and you did not buy it and yet you want what the expansion has then welcome to MMO expansions. That’s how they work. Sorry but masteries are part of the expansion and will not be available to you if you did not buy the expansion.

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

People who bought GW2 before HoT had different improvements. Those who buy HoT get masteries. The fact that some work in main Tyria is irrelevant. You could argue same way that everyone should be able to use elite specs because those work in every map too.

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Basically what FogLeg said. Just because HoT added new zones, with new masteries tied to those zones, doesn’t mean it couldn’t add new exclusive features to old zones. It’s not like you’re being constantly beaten over the head with special new invisible mobs that need Nuhoch Stealth Detection, or NPCs that require language masteries, in Central Tyria.

Fractal-frequenters may strongly disagree at this point, and I’m not sure they’re entirely wrong. I haven’t gotten back into Fractals since HoT launched, however, so I can’t say how acceptable/unacceptable the experience is for Core-only players.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Fractal-frequenters may strongly disagree at this point, and I’m not sure they’re entirely wrong. I haven’t gotten back into Fractals since HoT launched, however, so I can’t say how acceptable/unacceptable the experience is for Core-only players.

The fractal experience for core-players is substantially unchanged:

• You can get some (but not all) of the increased rewards.
  • You can do some (but not all) of the new fractals. (well, technically, you could do them all if someone carried you or you had infinite funds to purchase AR+30 infusions — realistically, you’re locked out at around L70-75).
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: BoneHead.1064

BoneHead.1064

I was not upset , i was just wandering ?

Note : i am not talking about the free game , i talk about payed accounts , and i have HoT .

I find it a bit odd , that the gameplay of payed gw2 players is nerfed because of HoT .
A expansion for me is a + to the gameplay you already know , nothing more nothing less, not putting in stuf that nerfs the original gameplay .

And yes the wandering started when i helped some1 in Fractels when they told me they could not go any further because of the HoT locket stuff .
Now they are pushed to spend a enormes amout of Gold or buy HoT .

I was wandering me about something else to , before the expansion everyone would get guild buffs that where activated from the guild .
Now with the new guild hall’s ( a big inprovement ) GW2 payed acounts don’t benefites from the buffs , so again nerf the payed GW2 account and put it under HoT.

I know they need money to inprove the game but in this way a lot of people will leave the game because they feel forced to buy HoT or played a nerfed game , i dont think this is a good strategy for the game .

And now i am still wandering why ?

Its better to BURN out then FADE away

(edited by BoneHead.1064)

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Why don’t you benefit from guild buffs?
Really confused..

Also “they are pushed to spend gold or buy HoT”
- are they?
- if so is that a bad thing?
- it is the expansion for the game they are playing, after all, you’d think people would want to get it.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Why don’t you benefit from guild buffs?
Really confused..

Until HoT guild buffs like bonus XP (and other buffs), reduced WP costs and wvw items (like guild ram) worked for everyone representing the guild.
Since HoT, old gw2 accounts can spend materials and money for the guildhall, but they don’t get these former common things back. (You only get a window: buy HoT for this feature.)

The core problem there is that anet removed a feature from bought gw2 (60€ accounts) 3 years later and sold it as a HoT feature again. That behavior is just wrong!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Tyria mastery points

FogLeg.9354

I know they need money to inprove the game but in this way a lot of people will leave the game because they feel forced to buy HoT or played a nerfed game , i dont think this is a good strategy for the game .

How to explain it… See, when you payed for GW2, long ago, there was no HoT. You payed for the access to the game. And you only had to pay once and could play it for many years.

Now once HoT was released and base game went free, you can still play the same game you once payed for. Nothing you payed for has been removed from the game. You even have more benefits compared to free players (more character slots, chat options etc).

Now game has new extra stuff that you can buy (HoT content). This did not exist when you bought it so you are not getting access to it. You do not have to buy it, but of course it is designed so it is worth the money for many players.

Think about the gem store. Once you bought the game, there is still extra stuff you can buy. You don’t have to, you can still play the game without gemstore items but they can be useful. HoT is just like big pile of gemstore items tied together.

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: MrTree.4890

MrTree.4890

How to explain it… See, when you payed for GW2, long ago, there was no HoT. You payed for the access to the game. And you only had to pay once and could play it for many years.

Now once HoT was released and base game went free, you can still play the same game you once payed for. Nothing you payed for has been removed from the game. You even have more benefits compared to free players (more character slots, chat options etc).

Now game has new extra stuff that you can buy (HoT content). This did not exist when you bought it so you are not getting access to it. You do not have to buy it, but of course it is designed so it is worth the money for many players.

Think about the gem store. Once you bought the game, there is still extra stuff you can buy. You don’t have to, you can still play the game without gemstore items but they can be useful. HoT is just like big pile of gemstore items tied together.

I would stronglt disagree! People whi didn’t buu HoT used to be able to get the guild buffs (exp karma,…) now you can’t since you need HoT to acves that feature. If tou don’t believe me test it yourself. This imo is indeed wrong as the OP pointed out correctly.

For people stating if you play the game you want to buy the expac. Well u agree with that but have to make us want to buy it not force us to. That’s way more respectfull towards the players that actuallypay those salaries at Anet.

Plz correct me if I’m wrong. But stop posting stuff like a truth when it’s false!

Tyria mastery points

FogLeg.9354

um, what? I understand you disagree, and strongly, but with what? The original suggestion that everyone who bought GW2 core game years ago should now get free access to Tyria Mastery Points? Or are you arguing that Guild Buffs should be accessible for players without HoT? Something else in my previous reply is completely false?