Tyria mastery points

Tyria mastery points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

Can we expect more mastery points for Tyria map maybe?
Right now, everyone is only playing HoT maps and Tyria is not populated as it used to be.
Adding more mastery points in Tyria region would bring back more players.

So, can we expect some more masteries in central Tyria?

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

They did with LS3-Episode 1’s release – I have no idea what achievements they added them to, but as soon as I logged on post-patch I gained central Tyria mastery points.

Hopefully someone else can confirm which ones they were, but since mine were apparently already completed – I have no idea.

They’d have to add new achievements to central Tyria to coax people into it, but I suppose they could have done it with new fractal achievements – not sure why they didn’t honestly, but maybe they now believe central Tyria has enough mastery points?

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: ShinyDay.5349

ShinyDay.5349

I don’t think Tyria have enough mastery points already …
HOT on the other hand … tons of them xD

i7 4790, GTX 1070, SSD Samsung 850 EVO + HyperX Fury 480gb, Z97A Krait, 16GB 2133MHz CL10 DDR3,
Corsair RM650x, Fractal Define S (with window panel)

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: Gwilym.4257

Gwilym.4257

I’m a vanilla player (have HoT, prefer gw2) and I’m sitting at 9 mastery points. I would prefer that reward, in this case masteries, comes from playing the game and it certainly isn’t for me.

Tyria mastery points

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Agreed same with me and CT Mastery points. There aspects to the Mastery points like legendary crafting that I want, but as a predominant WvW player, I don’t often get a chance to play PvE to get mastery points. I mean I do have some mastery points, but after a point, getting more mastery points just stalls as you have to grind content that you don’t want to do or have the time to do.

Therefore, having more mastery points for CT, maybe even a way to get them in WvW too through the some easier to achieve achievements would be nice. I’m not saying an achievement like capture Stonemist Castle 2,000 times, wow it barely flips now 5 times in 7 days… but something like map completion in WvW maps gives a mastery point for instance. Right now it really gives nothing.

Also maybe find a way to go back to the old way of doing the upon level 80 you still earning say mastery points for ‘X’ number of xp or ‘X’ number of tomes of knowledge. Hay, you get a lot of Tomes from the reward tracks to justify that change too.