Tyrians Can't Jump!

Tyrians Can't Jump!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Oh sure, they pretend they can, by happily skipping and hopping and making mini little jumps on flatish surfaces, but as soon as they’re faced with a foot high obstacle, they go all spazzy, moaning and groaning in futile attempt to over come it. Unless ofc u give them some artificial speed boost, then they think they’re mighty fit and can do anything.

And god forbid, if an enemy even as much as look at them, they not only lose their already lame ability to jump, but to run as well. So much for progress and evolution eh.

Tyrians Can't Jump!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

7-9foot tall demon mancats made of muscle and sinew and intense physical training.

…can’t clear a 4-foot wall that even I could climb over.

I don’t feel overly heroic in GW2 at times like that. >.>

Addendum: They’re also bad at climbing hills! MMOs are wretched about this, and perfectly equivalent gradients can have two completely separate collision reactions based on whether or not the developers “want” players to climb it, with no other visual indication.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Tyrians Can't Jump!

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

You can actullally jump onto ledges taller then your character (somehow!) if you back up and move forward after jumping (unless there is a invisible wall)

(i do it all the time without speed boost)

Tyrians Can't Jump!

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

To be fair, Tyrians only learned to jump sometime within the last 250 years.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Tyrians Can't Jump!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

You can actually jump onto ledges taller then your character (somehow!) if you back up and move forward after jumping (unless there is a invisible wall)

(i do it all the time without speed boost)

Ah, GW2 and its video-game-platformer ignorance of ballistic physics. :p
I wouldn’t normally mind it, except that it’s occasionally required for jumping puzzles. Tsk, tsk, bad design by the devs there.

Thanks for the highlight. Newer players might not yet be aware of it.

Y’killin’ me. I’d rofl, but I’m at work.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Tyrians Can't Jump!

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Mastery for next expansion: Climbing. And picture the animation, it would look like a Japanese horror movie.

Tyrians Can't Jump!

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I always thought it odd for a game that promotes jumping so heavily, there are many, many places where a tiny bump is insurmountable. I’ve ofc come across this millions of times in the course of the last 3 or so years and always shook my head in frustration and confusion as to why this is so. But just b4 i posted this thread, i had one of those “oh for goodness sake” moments as my char tried to jump this foot or so high rock. It was ridiculous and until i used a speed buff it was impossible to do. It really saddened me tbh as this was not some invisible wall, there was an ore atop this rock and u can obviously get on it, but the jumps off the ground given to our characters are so low that it was impossible to do it in a normal way.

I wish we had an agility attribute we could lvl up to naturally and permanently gain higher jumping abilities and be able to climb up mountains and such. But i dare say that won’t happen any time soon if ever, if we can’t even jump atop a little boulder without having to use a speed buff.

But who knows, with the mastery system in place anything is possible, hint, hint, nudge, nudge Anet.

Tyrians Can't Jump!

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Mastery for next expansion: Climbing. And picture the animation, it would look like a Japanese horror movie.

Perhaps the first tier of that mastery could be the ability to step over tiny bumps in the landscape while simply walking or running? I often find myself coming to a dead stop when there’s nothing visibly blocking me, only to discover that I need to jump over some polygon that was 1 pixel higher than the rest.