"Ugly Duckling" Profession

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vpy.6183

vpy.6183

Just curious to know …of all the professions in GW2 which one shines the best at high levels ?

Aka…it should be horrible in earlier leveling but once you ding past a certain level you just fell in love with it.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

mesmer?

all the good mesmer traits are unlocked really late in the game

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

The more complicated classes are harder to play, but can be the most powerful if played right. That said, each one has its place depending on the game mode. For example, ranger (as druid) is critical in raids.

Complicated classes: Engineer, Elementalist, Revenant
Medium complexity classes: Mesmer, Thief, Warrior
Simple classes: Guardian, Necro, Ranger

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

mesmer?

^

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Complicated classes:……….Revenant

Are you sure about that?

(edited by Xenon.4537)

Posted by: xellink.7568

xellink.7568

Elementalist and Mesmer. I felt the power creep really slow for elementalist.

You could only play as fire early game as switching to something else is clearly not viable. Also the different skills don’t synergise well without traits. Things like fresh air, boons, lightning rod, come pretty much late game. Not much options for survivability as well.

Mesmer is really slow as well. However I did not feel as handicapped when I was playing ele.

The easiest classes to start with are Guardian and Warrior. Thief is not too bad.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Elementalist and Mesmer. I felt the power creep really slow for elementalist.

You could only play as fire early game as switching to something else is clearly not viable. Also the different skills don’t synergise well without traits. Things like fresh air, boons, lightning rod, come pretty much late game. Not much options for survivability as well.

Mesmer is really slow as well. However I did not feel as handicapped when I was playing ele.

The easiest classes to start with are Guardian and Warrior. Thief is not too bad.

I would say no because you really dont completely change your playstyle when you acquire traits unlike a mesmer.

I am considering adding necro to the list because the reaper changes the class completely. I never played it so my opinion or argument have no basis other than rumors.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There’s not a single class that fits the OP’s description. Every class can do amazing things in the hands of a skilled player. And every class can be horrid in the hands of the click-on-cooldown player.

So instead, here are the professions that I’ve seen most people hate and then love:

• Mesmer — it’s hard to be mediocre at it; good and excellent takes a certain mindset.
  • Engineer — similar.

In contrast, the other professions mostly have people who really like them at first for a variety of reasons and also learn to love them as they learn it better. People have mentioned elementalist, but it’s super easy to play it early on; you just keep learning more ways to be overpowered.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

mesmer?

^

^

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Have to agree with the Mesmer. She really shines as a Chronomancer.