Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

The Ugly Clothing vendor from previous years was removed. This vendor allowed players to exchange X amount of Ugly sweaters, hats, and socks for 1 Wintersday Gift. As of right now, these three items have 0 vendor value. From what I can tell, the only use of it this Wintersday celebration is to use them in conjunction with wrapping paper, to create a ‘Wrapped Gift’. This can then be given to one of several orphans that you must find in Divinities Reach in exchange for some karma. So far it seems to be time gated perhaps, maybe one exchange per day per orphan? Even if it’s shorter than one day intervals, and even if you can hop maps to different IPs to give more Wrapped Gifts, it seems like a very, VERY small sink for the amount of these in game.

Take a look at socks alone for example, as of 4 days ago.

!http://imgur.com/jgTqCgB!

Nearly 3.7 MILLION of an item!

Hats come in at around 1.75 million, and sweaters at 400k.

I haven’t opened too many of the new gifts this year but it doesn’t seem like there is a ton of ugly clothing in it, if any, so at least that’s a plus.

Ultimately, I am really just curious if the vendor being removed was intentional or just an oversight. Should we simply be destroying all of these excess items since we can’t use very much via orphans?

If intentional, it’s time to slay every parent in all of Tyria, because clearly we need more orphans for some Wintersday joy!

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

+1. Vendor needs to return.

Zelendel

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Yep, this seriously stinks. It’s not like I personally had thousands, but I saved up quite a few. Even aside from that the presents are just a karma sink now. Unless of course you happen to have a guild big enough and scribe lvl ??? to even see the other prices.

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Go to the new Vendor in DR. Buy gift wrap for karma. Wrap ugly sweaters, hats and socks in gift wrap. Give to orphan for larger karma return.

You can now buy gifts directly from this same vendor for karma

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Agreed: give us back the vendor. And lower the price of those frostbitten implements. They’re more expensive than just buying them from a merchant now.

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: Crunk n monkey.3749

Crunk n monkey.3749

Go to the new Vendor in DR. Buy gift wrap for karma. Wrap ugly sweaters, hats and socks in gift wrap. Give to orphan for larger karma return.

You can now buy gifts directly from this same vendor for karma

I think the point is, people who had 1000’s of socks, hats, and especially sweaters (since the exchange rate was 1 sweater = 1 Wintersday Gift). Now only have an option to either quickly throw their ugly items on the TP and get rid of it, or exchange it for wrapped gifts. But now you have stacks of wrapped gifts that you can only get rid of 30 per day. Estimating that Wintersday event will last until Jan 5th. That gives us 23 days of the event, totaling the maximum of amount wrapped gifts that you can give to orphans is 690. Anymore than that, and they will more than likely sit in inventory for whole year until Wintersday 2016.

Unless we can give orphans these gifts all year long? Probably not.

I would imagine Anet won’t make any changes to the exchange rate or timers for the orphans to accept these wrapped gifts. But rather let players take a gamble and hold on to them in the hopes that they give us an NPC next Wintersday that takes these wrapped gifts in bulk or with a shorter timer.

Ascended Phoenix [ASH] – Gates of Madness

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: Theege.9783

Theege.9783

Hey, if they actually do something about this, how about bringing back that mystic cog vendor as well? I still have 200 that I’ve not been able to get rid of because of missing Wintersday the past few times.

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: Takayuki.7485

Takayuki.7485

I just really wish there was another non-timegated sink. I hate destroying stacks of items, or selling it for basically 0 on the TP. Adding this vendor back would clean up the ridiculous excess from last year, and really help jump start peoples 10k drinks achievement that every one is so eager to complete for the new skin. Any other thoughts on this?

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Daddicus.6128

…But now you have stacks of wrapped gifts that you can only get rid of 30 per day.

30 per day? How can you get rid of that many?

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Daddicus.6128

…But now you have stacks of wrapped gifts that you can only get rid of 30 per day.

30 per day? How can you get rid of that many?

Never mind; I figured it out.

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

New ugly clothing doesn’t seem to be in new presents at all

Ugly Wintersday Clothing

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

New ugly clothing doesn’t seem to be in new presents at all

They are in Personalized Wintersday Gifts (well, within a box in the PWGs).