Ultimate List of suggestions & improvements thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

This is a list of suggestions and improvements collected from posters on both reddit & GuildWars2 Guru

Controversial list items:
List items which are controversial in nature have been marked as such.

Please keep this thread on topic and avoid discussion of the items in the list the point of this thread is to make arena net aware of items which some players feel would improve the games quality not to debate the items. Please feel free to add your own suggestions to the thread

MrsAngelD.6971

General:

• Patch notes on launcher and website (not Facebook / Twitter) added
  • Left over heart quest items. (stuff left in inventory after you complete quest.. nothing else for them) Let me vendor em as trash.
  • Key Bind 3 Different keybinds. Loot, Resurrect and Interact. Sometimes I want to resurrect rather than looking an item or chopping a tree etc.
  • Toggle to show items in environment, rather than having to hold down ctrl.
  • Escape shouldn’t stop you from running.
  • Ability to link everything to chat. Gear, Recipes, Skills, from Preview Pane as well.
  • /who for the zone.
  • Vendor auto filter which is on by default. If you cannot use it because of profession (not level), do not show it.
  • Telegraph circles (NPC target circle) needs to be more visible.
  • Show titles under player names instead of only viewing them when you click the player
  • automatic town clothes in cities option
  • Town clothes shouldn’t swap out when you take falling damage.
  • Lower waypoint traveling costs
  • on screen FPS & latency display options
  • back/cloak items don’t show in some cases
  • bigger selection of underwater helms
  • bigger selection of cloak & back items
  • if I hide helm/shoulders in game on my character they should be hidden in character selection as well.
  • View your own portrait on the UI (next to the party list)
  • Provide each race with starter armor representative of their unique cultural aesthetic
  • Allow other races to purchase armor inspired by the other races
  • Items soulbound to another character in the bank should say which character they are soulbound too.
  • Make dungeon tokens bind to account, having to grind tokens on every single character for skins is not fun, Why can’t my ele earn armor skin tokens for my mesmer?
  • Too many NPC’s walk away and close dialog to fast while trying to read what they’re saying.
  • Double click from Inventory to bank should automatically stack like items.
  • Warning notification for items you’re about to salvage. I think some items do this but not all.
  • Mounts *Controversial
  • Inspecting other players with a privacy option to disallow inspection.*Controversial

MrsAngelD.6971

New Mechanics which aren’t in the game in any form:

• An item that allows u to capture a skin into it. For example you have a steamblade, you use that item on it and you get a “steamblade skin” which you can then trade/use/gift/etc . This is slightly different than transmute stone as you do not need the destination item.
  • fishing in the game
  • Plastic surgery (for gems) allow revamp of characters face / hair choices.
  • Personal log of recently encountered skills, items, enemies, areas etc. Similar to the help window in Guild Wars. This log should be clickable & allow you to view the item in the wiki, the wiki should open in game instead of alt-tabbing you out of the game.
  • Custom Chat Channels (ie allow users to create custom chat channels with an optional password for access).
  • Ability to dye hair & Also lipstick
  • Armor “decay” in terms of looks only – scratches, blood splatter etc
  • Guild Recruiting bulletin board – Allow guilds to post an advertisement on the board while allowing users to browse the guilds & apply to join them. For an extra fee allow guilds to higher a town crier who will advertise their guild to passersby.
  • more skills per weapon (ie, let us learn different skills to choose from for our weapons) *Controversial

(edited by MrsAngelD.6971)

MrsAngelD.6971

Camera:

• Downed State: Zoomed in too close for quick use of Thief / Mesmer escapes Fixed
  • Mouse Zoom / FOV change. Let us zoom out more and increase the FOV
  • Allow First Person View

UI:

• In some cases the friends list doesn’t remember nicknames & resets.
  • Allow movement of UI elements.
  • Option for self health bar above / below target heath bar.
  • Within range indicator below 1-5 buttons is inaccurate.
  • World Map: Turn on / off items from legend. Would help trying to locate that last POI or Vista for a zone that you just cant seem to locate. (ie hide/unhide Points of interest, vistas, and hearts individually)
  • An apply button for trait points, as well as a minus, so you can work on a build prior to applying it.
  • Character specific keybinds (I don’t need F2-4 at all on a necro, but as close to me as possible when playing elementalist)
  • Reorganisation of the skill bar (same skills, but if I want weapon skill one in position 5, I should be ablte to move it there.)
  • Tactical minimap (toggle option) change minimap behaviour to:
    * left click: ping
    * left click (hold): draw
    * right click: personal waypoint
    * right click (hold): move map
  • Improve Fog Of War make it more definable to show the areas not yet explored compared to explored areas
  • Tooltips for portals on the map listing their destination.
  • The ability to bind to mouse wheel up/down
  • Chat font size currently scales with your UI it should not
  • The Elite Skill that is included in Deluxe Version should have a tooltip on it stating how it can be obtained
  • See how many of each collectible you have in their tooltip
  • Change the white text color of boon stack number because it’s really hard to see when there are 2 digits. The boon icon is already white (in the background), and the number is also white.
  • Casting / Charge bar below target bar. (ability to see when target is casting) *Controversial
  • Target of Target display *Controversial

MrsAngelD.6971

WvW:

• Queue for all 4 WvW areas.
  • Show what battleground I am queued for when queued for only one.
  • Show Queue time. both how long I have been queued and estimate.
  • Ability to see WvW score when in overflow.
  • overflow wvw. Since on many servers at night wvw is full for everyone, why not have an overflow instance. That instance would only happen if all 3 sides are full, buildings would not be upgradable and state of the map would not count toward server points.
  • Join from overflow < Most common complaint around Also seems quicker to join WvW from portal rather than queuing via menu
  • The ability to donate for upgrades instead of having one person purchase the entire thing. A bar can appear showing how much has been donated before completion of the upgrade. Essentially allows pooling of resources by the entire team, instead of one person investing more heavily than everyone else.
  • Make the ammunition for siege weapons 1 supply, i.e if you fire the trebuchet then it costs 1 supply and will keep costing supply until you run out or someone resupplies you, this way people can’t spam theses powerful weapons. *Controversial

PvP:

• Capture the Flag map
  • Queuing as a group for both PvP and WvW
  • Dueling
  • 2v2, 3v3 Arenas
  • Smaller Scale mass combat. 15v15, 25v25 mini campaigns to support WvW
  • Remove downed state from SPvP. *Controversial

Mail/Trading/Community:

• Auto complete mail to name from guild / friend list added
  • Ability to report gold seller from mail without having to open a bug and screenshot added
  • Remember last person you sent mail to.
  • COD (Cash on Delivery)
  • Notification ! When item sells at trading post.
  • Allow buying and selling of quantities larger than 250
  • Looking for group – Currently very weak implementation, add system so i can say I’m wanting to be in a group for x event, y dungeon, z pvp, make it easy to see who is available via a pool of players. E.G. i want to be questing along with specific flags saying what I’m interested in doing. Currently seems to only work with friends?!?
  • Separate the friend notifications (ie JaneDoe.3232 has come online) from the game messages in chat options.
  • Include a way to go straight back to your transactions if you click on one that you are buying/selling and it searches for them.
  • Increased resolution for text in the trading post
  • Right clicking names in chat won’t show a menu sometimes
  • Preview items from Trading Post.
  • Ability to send more stacks in the mail
  • Player to player trading in person. *Controversial

Crafting:

• Craft directly from bank inventory added (Discovery from the bank is coming source )
  • Remember collection tab’s settings. i.e. keep food tab collapsed.
  • Karma vendors for various trophys (small fangs etc) or ways to upgrade / downgrade a surplus of one line to another. i.e. salvage Fangs to Small Fangs to Tiny Fangs.
  • Allow salvage on all items. Especially Heart vendor items that are bought with karma.
  • Mystic Forge: All Items Bind on Equip, or at worst Bind to Account. No need to make equipment I cant even use or trade.
  • Fix bug that makes “craft all” only work with 3 digit numbers. (ie hitting craft all when you have 1200 ore, only does 200 and not 1200)
  • Provide additional inventory slots in the bank for crafted ingredients/components

MrsAngelD.6971

Guilds

• Guild Bank funds(gold) should have separate permissions from than the guild bank items.
  • The Guild Message of the day should be shown to you when you log on
  • If the Guild Message of the Day is updated it should be shown to all members
  • If a member logs in visible it should let you know they have come on line, also it should tell the guild when you log off.
  • When you join a guild you should be notified that you need to click represent to interact with the guild and earn influence for the guild.
  • Show guild members on map (different color / icon if they are not in your party) or allow larger party’s for PvE world events. (not dungeons / wvw)
  • Option to appear offline to guilds you are not representing. (i.e. I’m on an alt that is in another guild, but don’t want to be visible to guild of my main.)

Class:

• General Class requests
    * Better rewards for support (ie, rezzing, setting up combo fields, killing smaller monsters)
    * Bind-able weapon swapping button for all professions (greyed out or unavailable while in combat for the respective professions who do not have weapon swapping.)
    * One alternate build slot to allow a PvE and a WvW build.
  • Necromancer:
    * Display pet life
    * Pet Control: Ability to call off pets
  • Ranger:
    * Pet Names do not stay.
    * Pet AI needs improvement, they run ahead and aggro mobs.
    * Full Control over your pet Skills *controversial

Graphics:

• A way to see through the nuclear overkill of spell effects for melee (we can’t see when to dodge or our characters in big groups). Let alone see the tiny red circle lines. Bloom effect is rather overkill in some places, i do like the style used but an option to tone it down would be really appreciated without effecting other nice shaders as it just makes the game ‘foggy’.

Misc:

• Physics – Running off an edge should have momentum not make you stick straight to the floor below you Similarly movement while in the air is very floaty and jerky if you try to move/stop moving

Posted by: Jack.2095

Jack.2095

Haha, I was going to do this as well. GL in getting some important people to read this.

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Hang on to your suggestions. We’ll open a suggestion forum in the future. Just not quite yet. Thanks for your understanding and patience!