Um, warning of game restart

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

It was nice to get a warning that the game was going to restart in one hour. Gave us plenty of time to get a few things done beforehand…or so we thought. Five minutes later, in the middle of a fight the thing restarted. Thanks for that…

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

I got 3 minutes to do my stuff, however the game kicked me when 2 minutes were left. My boyfriend is in dungeon now, he got 30 minutes to finish it, no kicks so far

Posted by: souldonkey.9534

souldonkey.9534

I got 3 minutes to do my stuff, however the game kicked me when 2 minutes were left. My boyfriend is in dungeon now, he got 30 minutes to finish it, no kicks so far

Dungeons are instanced. Him and his party will get kicked when they leave the instance.

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

They may not get the tokens at the end of the dungeon as well.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Posted by: Shifted.3697

Shifted.3697

I agree, the 2 hour warning was nice. 3 minutes is kind of a slap in the face, especially when you’re in the middle of a dungeon or a world dragon event

Fear the Reaper

lunawisp.2378

And just to make it even worse I had just created a new character and had just defeated the boss at the end of the starter zone. I’m now in a no-mans land where I can’t get out, can’t do the run again, can’t communicate with any npc. Guess I’ll have to delete the character and re-create it. More accurate info next time please Anet :p

lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

I got a 2 minutes warning, thats more then enough time.

lunawisp.2378

I got a 2 minutes warning, thats more then enough time.

That’s fine if that’s the warning they give us. On Desolation, we were given the time in hours, not minutes. We thought we had plenty of time.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

Instanced zones such as dungeons and Story Missions give you several hours before being booted.

this system has been discussed before, it’s far better to any other server system where the servers are taken down to apply any update meaning you cant even play.

if you were kicked before your time was up then that was obviously an error and not intended.

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Someone pressed the big red button too early. I was just near the end of a long story mission,plenty of time i thought, then zip you are out of here.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

“especially when you’re in the middle of a dungeon”
It gives you 3 hours if you’re inside a dungeon

a friend of mine went afk inside a dungeon
Popup saying 3 hours comes up.
He’s been in there since the pop-up, hasnt booted him yet, so at the very least it’s let him stay in there so far.

Posted by: Shifted.3697

Shifted.3697

“especially when you’re in the middle of a dungeon”
It gives you 3 hours if you’re inside a dungeon

a friend of mine went afk inside a dungeon
Popup saying 3 hours comes up.
He’s been in there since the pop-up, hasnt booted him yet, so at the very least it’s let him stay in there so far.

O, well that’s good to know. I hardly ever do dungeons. They should just do 3 hour serverwide alerts.

Fear the Reaper

Posted by: Brazensage.1328

Brazensage.1328

The last patch I got a 3 hour warning and was in the middle of a dungeon. An hour later it disconnected one person and had kicked me and another fellow out of the dungeon group…but were still in the instance with everyone. ’Twas very odd.

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

ANet time means 2 mins = 30 secs, something like that. Guess you didn’t get the memo. I know what you mean. There are times when i am told I have 2 mins before game restart, and 5 secs go by and I get booted?