Un-wanted spam PM's from Gold Sellers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GreyFeathers.8175

GreyFeathers.8175

Dear hero _
Merry Christmas!
Cheapest Gw2 gold is now on hot sales on <pvpbank.com> 500G+30G=135Usd,2000G+200G=540Usd,4%-10% extra.delivery in 10min,Purchase now!
Sincerely,have a good day!
<link removed>

Seriously the flaming, whinning and other crap on the forums isn’t bad enough to have to sort through that now we are receiving emails from gold sellers ? I love the game it’s been a great release and fun to play even though I disagree with some things thats been done with the it. I had hoped though that these forums would honestly have been better than what you see at Guru or other larger fan sites but it’s failed miserably in being a spot where gamers actually come together and help one another. It’s happening but only if you’re patient enough to sort through all of the other crap thats here as well.

Should we be concerned that now we’re being targeted by gold sellers here ? It ruins the game and honestly these forums have enough trouble without this being thrown in the mix. What you see above is a copy and paste of a PM I received and if it has to do with gold selling I’m guessing it will not be the last. I sincerely hope this is something Anet can look into and stomp out or I’m done with anything that relates to this site.

Honor is limited only by the limitations that we place upon ourselves.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

You might want to edit that just a bit to remove the link…

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I got that mail, too, during Christmas holiday.
I reported right away.
Thanks to the in-game report button that saved me time from taking and uploading screenshots as proofs to be sent along with the report.

Well, the gold spammers here are not as bad as in some other MMORPGs I’ve played, at least.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

This was a forum pm or in game?

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Not sure if OP is for real. How would you ever go about stop people sending you a mail before it happens?
Just report the account it came from and problem solved. There are nowhere near the gold spamming people there was a few months back. I have a lot of complaints against Anet, but this sure isn’t one of them (anymore). They did a real good job.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Araushnee.1852

Araushnee.1852

I thought the spam was much worse around release. I get about one mail every two weeks. It used to be multiple per day for a while. So, I think things have improved.

Gamer Gal

Posted by: Riot.5210

Riot.5210

Wow, buying gold for GW2 is expensive. o_o

Isn’t there an ignore feature?

° Illusionist Alaeis – Mesmer | Meryl Winterfell – Guardian | Meryl Tonberry – Elementalist
° Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

You can report PMs. Please report them via the Report function in the forum UI. The moderators will take care of it. Thanks.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra