Unable to select elite skill underwater

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ikkeman.9280

Ikkeman.9280

I have 40 Lv Necromancer and 45 Lv Hunter and I can’t select elite skill when under the water. The arrow is there, above number “0”, but when I click it, instead of available skills, a hero panel for training opens.
This is something new for me, since I didn’t have such problem with my two previous characters.
Anybody had a similar problem?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, you’ve yet to acquire the needed Hero Points to unlock the skills? Hence, the Training Panel?

Good luck.

Characters must unlock Healing skills and Utility skills of a determined skill type before unlocking elite skills.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elite_skill#Acquisition

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

It could be that you don’t have any elite skills that work under water. Check the list in the H display when you are not in the water. The skills that can’t be used under water (which is most of them) have a blue icon with a red X through it in the upper-right area.

If you don’t have any, then next time you get one for leveling or getting hero points, make sure you pick one that doesn’t have that symbol.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Of the three core Necromancer Elite Skills, only Plaguelands is usable underwater. Lich Form and Flesh Golem are not. That you did not experience it on your Ranger means you were using either Spirit of Nature or Strength of the Pack. Had you tried Entangle, you would have been unable to use it underwater.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

or it could be maybe a bug even like the revenant has with its underwater skills . which if I remember right got patched in the last update .

but as another poster has pointed out. Plague lands is usable underwater does work under water but the others do not

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Ikkeman.9280

Ikkeman.9280

Thank you all, I will acquire some more points to buy more skills. Some of them must work underwater.

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

As previous posters have said, Plaguelands is the only Necro elite usable under water.