Unacceptable gemstore scam

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

In the patch notes it states that it’s a bag slot item, which means for most people reading it, YES! Acc wide bag slots! (atleast 5)

In-game you state, in the last line, it’s only 1 slot. 700 gems for 1 slot.

2800 gems for 5 ITEMS, NON-BAG- items.

Don’t be fooled and scammed people, you won’t get your gems back because it DOES state, in a very scammy way, that it’s only 1 slot.

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s not a scam. It may be overpriced for what you get but it’s far from being a scam.

lorddavito.2395

It’s not a scam. It may be overpriced for what you get but it’s far from being a scam.

For those who read the patch notes and instant-buy it on the tradepost without further notice, it is.

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

How many different threads are we gonna have created about this?

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

How many different threads are we gonna have created about this?

As many as there are entitled people who can’t read?

Ayrilana.1396

For those who read the patch notes and instant-buy it on the tradepost without further notice, it is.

Next time read what you’re buying.

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

I’m one of them, sadly… My bad, but I will never buy nothing more form gem store

Parabrezza

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Pretty sure the Patch Notes don’t say Inventory Bag Slot item. Just a slot. What would you have them call a single slot?

lorddavito.2395

Next time read what you’re buying.

Who said I bought it? I’m warning people to read posts before buying it (instant-hype-purchases)

It’s just a warning, not a mistake I made on my own.

-Sâmbuca

Ayrilana.1396

Actually OP, prove that the patch notes state that it is a bag slot item.

Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time.

The entire issue is on you for not reading.

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

I read the patch notes. The patch notes say it’s one slot.

Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time.

It says “inventory slot”, not “bag slot” or anything, and given what it does, I assumed they meant one item.

It is a massive QoL convenience, as I stated in another thread (although I expect all of these to become one thread in the future), and while I find it mildly overpriced even for that, I can actually see some people buying it, at that cost, fully aware of what it is.

If it DOESN’T sell much, they may tweak its price to be more reasonable, but I have a feeling that a lot of people will go for it as-is. I won’t even consider it above 500 gems, myself (or that equivalency if a bulk package), and even then I’m not sure I really want one of these. Sure, I can see the use, but it seems a silly thing.

lorddavito.2395

Inventory slots are able to be filled with Bags (inventory bags), the patch notes do NOT state a non-bagslot item.

There you go.

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: CindyKa.6137

CindyKa.6137

nonsense to say it’s a scam. I knew exactly what I was getting when purchased. To say it’s misleading is entirely on you for not paying attention.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

Inventory slots are able to be filled with Bags (inventory bags), the patch notes do NOT state a non-bagslot item.

There you go.

Bag Slots are meant to be filled with Bags.

Inventory slots are meant to be filled with items.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Ayrilana.1396

There you go.

Try again.

A bag is an item that increases the capacity of a character’s inventory. They come in a variety of sizes, up to 20 inventory slots, and sometimes have special features

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag

Posted by: dragonrage.8921

dragonrage.8921

Well if you had that much money/gems to spend impulsively and didn’t look before you jumped in. Maybe you should learn to slow down with new gem store items and look before you leap.

Posted by: hennrick.4623

hennrick.4623

I understood too that it was just a slot. It was also pretty reasonable, since it allows you to replicate costly items for every character ( like copper-o-matics )

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I think it’s been proven by now that the op simply didn’t know what an inventory slot is and assumed it was a bag slot. Sad that his reaction is to sling mud at ArenaNet over his own ignorance.

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Some people do not know how to read, others simply do not understand what they read, others do not care and buy anyway.

For all of you, if you do not understand something, there is wiki database helping you with more information, or videos with people posting what they bought.

For more information, check this link from official wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

A fool and his money…

Posted by: malachi.7503

malachi.7503

4 account wide inventory slots means I’d never have to switch my gathering tools and salvage tool between characters again. I haven’t bought it, but I can see the convenience of it.

No Retreat No Surrender

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

Sorry, but it clearly states that a slot is for a single item…

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

Not a scam at all. It’s not Anet’s fault that you made an assumption and decided to buy something before actually reading what it is.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

" Shared Inventory Slot" I knew instantly that they wouldn’t be so generous.

You don’t have to buy stuff right away, you know. When you buy anything, examine it for a few minutes before buying it and save yourself the hassle.

Then again, I screwed up myself here in an unrelated incident. I’m not blaming anyone for it though.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

People should read official news, official wiki, or even watch youtube videos, before buying items.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

Wizard’s First Rule.
People see or hear what they want to see or hear regardless of what was actually said.

Reading comprehension helps too. I wonder sometimes how some people manage to make it in this world with the level of their communication skills.

Kinda like a level 29 ele managing to find the SE path into Frostgorge Sound.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Now if they said a shared bag slot that would be an instabuy. But it wouldn’t be 700 gems either.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

It’s called a “Shared Inventory Slot”, and it’s crystal clear what it means. It even states it allows characters on an account to share “one non-bag item”.

Think of it as a way to email yourself stuff. Is it worth 700 gems? Not sure. But, it’s definitely described clearly.

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

I’m so mad they forced me to buy this. Such scam.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Be prepared for this topic to be merged, it is easier for Arena Net to ignore it when it is in a single topic.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

So basically, if you were foolish, you got scammed. That actually makes much sense. Even the most clear descriptions on an item in the TP can’t keep a fool and his money from parting.

The best part is that Anet even made the most clear item description to prevent that from happening. It still was not able to keep you from parting with your money.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

So basically, if you were foolish, you got scammed. That actually makes much sense. Even the most clear descriptions on an item in the TP can’t keep a fool and his money from parting.

Are you sure you read patch notes? Impulse buying is not ANet’s fault. Luckily for those who didn’t read properly ANet has lenient refund policies. They’re even refunding people who bought multiple salvage-o-matics who now have useless duplicates of the item.

Posted by: StabbyCakes.8736

StabbyCakes.8736

I definitely got excited and thought it was a shared bag, because.. you know.. it looks like a bag… and no I didn’t whip out a credit card I totally paid with gold and got carried away selling things to get enough to focus on reading the desc.

Then felt let down when I opened it and it was just one slot…
but HEY at least my riding broom OR my harp can be used by all my toons at once…

heh, this is going to make me even more insane wondering where I left my crap.

Posted by: StabbyCakes.8736

StabbyCakes.8736

Oh wait, I’m dumb. Mystic forge conduit, you now have a perma home. Bahahaha

Posted by: Dor Bell.7368

Dor Bell.7368

Any guess on how long until these go onsale?

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

Actually, now that I see it’s a sharable slot between characters, I’m super excited. Silver-Fed Salvage-O-Matic between all characters? WOOHOO!

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

So basically, if you were foolish, you got scammed.

No xD If you were foolish you’ll be surprised what you got but you weren’t scammed. It clearly says what it is, fools just read different words to what Anet wrote.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Just because you read and interpreted something wrong doesnt mean its a scam.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

It’s by far not useless, It’s the ultimate convinience…. as long as you had the perma contracts available…. and if you had the bank contract you’d only need 1

Then again if you didn’t, you’ll likely want 3-4 for perma tools and salvage o matic… and if you choose 4 you could just as well get 5 for the same price.

This is likely ALSO the reason why perma banks were sold out as of 1 minute after patch and the price went up through the roof going over the top 2-3 times. and the perma merchants skyrocketed, with BL merchants going over the top 3-4 times and the normal merchants doing nice as well on a comparable 2-3 times

(Only valid provided you have MULTIPLE chartacters some/all bank slots and a PERMANENT BANK ACCES CONTRACT (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Bank_Access_Contract) ~3200 gold now used to be 1100-1200 before )

You just need 1 shared slot and shift all your stuff 1 slot down in you bank put everything you want to be accesssible in the top slot. done. for the amount saved you can buy several bank slots (well 3.5 actually if you haven’t gotten them already)

Things to keep in bank:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Black_Lion_Merchant_Contract (950 gold used to be 450)
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Trading_Post_Express_Contract(1400 gold used to be 700)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge_Conduit (~250 gold)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Copper-Fed_Salvage-o-Matic (800 gems on the BLTP)
Infinite Tools (Watchwork pick moving round?) (1000 gems/ piece (infiinite) account bound)

I now have perma bank accesd on all characters, whcih makes great with 12 tabs and 140 slots on all chars Now all my characters have 500 inventory slots, 360 shared. If you’d have standard amounts of slots 1 bank tab this would equal to 130 of whcih 30 shared.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

It’s not a scam.

First is says slot, not bag.

Second is 1 slot where you can put items that are well more worth than 700gems.
A single Copper-fed Salvage-o-matic shared between all alts is already a tremendous saving (by Odgen’s hammer!) in gold/gems. Now think for stuff like Permanent Banks, TP, Merchants….

Last thing, is a comodity item, a luxury. Too much for you? Leave it there.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Lmao, so you saw a commercial, and instantly buy it without reading the detail descriptions of the product, and when you find out it’s not what you thought it would be, do you suddenly call it a scam?

Commercial (= patch note) tend to be exaggeration. do you remember those car commercial which they can do some impossible things? Do you call them a scam when you purchase a car and find out that it can’t drive like that?

Contracts information are all that matters. Patch note is just patch note.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I would’ve bought them at 1000 gems per slot. It’s a huge convenience for altoholics.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I red the note and knew exactly what I was buying.

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

My only problem is that I can only buy five.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

so you buy a slot, and al your toon have that slot, and you just need to add a bag to it? what’s the problem here?

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

so you buy a slot, and al your toon have that slot, and you just need to add a bag to it? what’s the problem here?

It’s not a bag slot. You can’t equip a bag in the slot. It’s an inventory slot. One slot/one item.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Incorrect.

“Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account.”

(emphasis mine)

There has been some confusion because the word slot refers to multiple types of container — in this case bag slot and item slot. Is the choice of wording the most clear? No. It would have been more clear had it been referred to as an inventory item slot rather than as an inventory slot.

That said, players still jump to conclusions and have not learned to examine ANet announcements more closely. The way the whole patch notes read, which I quoted above, should suggest that these are item slots, or at least that potential customers should be sure that what they’re getting is what they think they’re getting before pulling the trigger.

No scam.

caveat emptor.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I bought 5 of em as i thought its acc wide inventory slot personally, its imo really confusing. I made a ticket asking for refund and waiting for answer now.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I bought 5 of em as i thought its acc wide inventory slot personally, its imo really confusing. I made a ticket asking for refund and waiting for answer now.

Well, they are account wide inventory slots…

Where’s the confusion?

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Well, they are account wide inventory slots…

Where’s the confusion?

Maybe cus i took invetory slots as account bag slots? If we look at bag expansion item it also says “add slot to char inventory”

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.