Unacceptable gemstore scam

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

forum bug so legit

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Just spare a thought for the ANet customer support staff today. Imagine the mountain of player complains/requests/demands that they have to deal with, some reasonable, some not so reasonable.

I can’t help think that ANet made a rod for their own back the day they decided that refunds could (sometimes) be a thing.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

The only thing about this that is remotely a scam is the fact that they’re not refunding extra sets of tools and salvage kits. That is just dirty.

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

The only thing about this that is remotely a scam is the fact that they’re not refunding extra sets of tools and salvage kits. That is just dirty.

Agreed. Not refunding multiple terrace / airship passes, infinite salvage tools, etc. is very poor.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Inventory slots are able to be filled with Bags (inventory bags), the patch notes do NOT state a non-bagslot item.

There you go.

You can put bags in regular inventory slots which are actually space provided from open bags that are sitting in bag slots. You are also not able to open those bags while they are in the inventory slots though, only when they occupy a bag slot which the new inventory slots are not.

Anyone who thought it was a bag slot didn’t read the notes properly. No scam in this instance.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

so you buy a slot, and al your toon have that slot, and you just need to add a bag to it? what’s the problem here?

It’s not a bag slot. You can’t equip a bag in the slot. It’s an inventory slot. One slot/one item.

One slot for one item on every character you have, which in my case is 30 slots.

Xenesis.6389

Agreed. Not refunding multiple terrace / airship passes, infinite salvage tools, etc. is very poor.

Also…

GM Awesomeness

Really you can select anything on the ticket form and your ticket will get to the right person eventually. In this case, I would suggest “In-game Issue” and then “Trading Post/Gem Store problem.”

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

Case by case basis, if you bought it recently you have a chance for a refund, if you bought them some time ago you got your money’s worth.

North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

Also…

GM Awesomeness

Really you can select anything on the ticket form and your ticket will get to the right person eventually. In this case, I would suggest “In-game Issue” and then “Trading Post/Gem Store problem.”

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

Case by case basis, if you bought it recently you have a chance for a refund, if you bought them some time ago you got your money’s worth.

Not up to you to dictate whether anyone got their money’s worth or not.

Also, the policy is inconsistent with past decisions in which duplicate town clothes, infinite gathering tools, etc. were refunded.

Xenesis.6389

Also, the policy is inconsistent with past decisions in which duplicate town clothes, infinite gathering tools, etc. were refunded.

Who said “I” dictated whether or not someone got their money’s worth?
I’m restating what the GM said. Go ahead and argue with Anet with that.

Personally, I’m glad I didn’t buy any of these items people are clammering to get a refund for, so nothing in this for me either way.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Just spare a thought for the ANet customer support staff today. Imagine the mountain of player complains/requests/demands that they have to deal with, some reasonable, some not so reasonable.

I can’t help think that ANet made a rod for their own back the day they decided that refunds could (sometimes) be a thing.

As far as it goes, I think a refund policy is a good thing unless one’s advertisements are always clear. Inventory slot may well be the accepted term used at ANet to refer to a one-item slot in inventory. However, there is no way for outsiders to know that. While 100% clear is not possible, ANet would do well to have someone checking their ads and patch notes and asking, “How could this be misunderstood if the reader is not an ANet insider?” They could at least avoid some of the requests that way.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Also…

GM Awesomeness

The policy is entirely consistent with past practices.

• When items go on sale, only some people are refunded the differences.
  • The refund on town clothes was due to specific clothes being removed from the game (and changed to tonics).
  • There was no refund on infinite gathering tools that I recall. Instead, everyone with soul-bound tools could convert them (at no cost) to account-bound.
  • Commander tags were refunded (when they went account bound) only if you bought more than three, the price of the new tag.

If they wanted to be 100% consistent, they’d charge 100 gems if you have two copper-feds, refund 700 if you have three or more.

Like any business, ANet needs to set up a consistent policy for their customers that takes into account inconvenience to customers, without forcing the company to set a precedent that might require them to eventually refund everything.

I only fault them for not anticipating the frustration of some customers who bought multiple convenience items and for failing to make their refund rule-of-thumb public. (Also, would it have killed them to have put a warning in red: "this is a single slot for a single item, not suitable for a bag.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

As far as it goes, I think a refund policy is a good thing unless one’s advertisements are always clear. Inventory slot may well be the accepted term used at ANet to refer to a one-item slot in inventory. However, there is no way for outsiders to know that. While 100% clear is not possible, ANet would do well to have someone checking their ads and patch notes and asking, “How could this be misunderstood if the reader is not an ANet insider?” They could at least avoid some of the requests that way.

Except if you check the forums and Reddit, the OP is practically the only one who misread it. Of course this isn’t a reliably way to determine representation of the entire population but still. Everyone else complaining about the slots has an issue with the price versus how many slots are unlocked.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

The policy is entirely consistent with past practices.

• When items go on sale, only some people are refunded the differences.
  • The refund on town clothes was due to specific clothes being removed from the game (and changed to tonics).
  • There was no refund on infinite gathering tools that I recall. Instead, everyone with soul-bound tools could convert them (at no cost) to account-bound.
  • Commander tags were refunded (when they went account bound) only if you bought more than three, the price of the new tag.

If they wanted to be 100% consistent, they’d charge 100 gems if you have two copper-feds, refund 700 if you have three or more.

Like any business, ANet needs to set up a consistent policy for their customers that takes into account inconvenience to customers, without forcing the company to set a precedent that might require them to eventually refund everything.

I only fault them for not anticipating the frustration of some customers who bought multiple convenience items and for failing to make their refund rule-of-thumb public. (Also, would it have killed them to have put a warning in red: "this is a single slot for a single item, not suitable for a bag.)

Well, I don’t completly understand what you are saying so if I missquote or you mean the same, sry my fault.

Anet was definitely consistent in their gemshop policy until now, just some of the big decisions:
- pvp boosters: There was a proper time (~ 1month) to use them and people that bought them via the gemshop had a chance to get them changed into other boosters with help of support
- town cloths: Anet changed most of them to tonics, but everyone who bought some with gems was able to get a refund (no matter at which point they have been bought)
- acc-bound color: Everyone got an unidentified color back for every multiple color used on an account.
- wardrobe skins: with the wardrobe change gemshop multiple bought skins got refunded.
- light flamekissed costume: everyone was able to get a refund that bought it before the rework
- commander tag: Everyone with multiple commander tags (three or more) was able to get a refund
- wrong calculated price: I don’t recall which, but during 2015 anniversary sale on package recalculated it’s price from one day to the other if parts of the package went on sale. Everyone was able to get back the difference between paid gems and the lowest calculated/bought price

There are a lot more minor things, but everytime items “usefullness” got changed, anet gave a refund (at least a partial one). Only gemshop item outside of their policy was the endless SAB coin, but well you can’t count that because according to anet SAB will come back so the endless SAB coin still has it’s full value.

This time the usefullness of multiple acc-bound items was only to have the ability on multiple char which is exactly the same that the shared inventory slots provide. -> former multiple bought acc-bound items lost their usefullness / only buying reason, but we get no refund, not even a partial one.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

In the patch notes it states that it’s a bag slot item, which means for most people reading it, YES! Acc wide bag slots! (atleast 5)

In-game you state, in the last line, it’s only 1 slot. 700 gems for 1 slot.

2800 gems for 5 ITEMS, NON-BAG- items.

Don’t be fooled and scammed people, you won’t get your gems back because it DOES state, in a very scammy way, that it’s only 1 slot.

“New Items and Promotions

Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time."

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2016-01-12

“New Items and Promotions
Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-12-2016

Seams like a straight forward description of what you get.

(edited by Eldbrand Charging.8902)

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

It does specify “share 1 non-bag item” in the gem store. If a player fails to read the details of an item prior to purchase, that is on them not AreaNet.

I will say, yes, 700 for 1 slot is high, however, as others have stated it saves money in the long run if you use these slots for the permanent harvesting tools.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This issue is a non-issue. The notes clearly state:

Shared Inventory Slots are now available starting at 700 gems each in the Upgrade category of the Gem Store. These slots will allow an item placed in them to be accessible by any character on the account. These slots will appear at the top of your inventory once purchased. Each account can have up to 5 Shared Inventory Slots at this time.

At no time are they called “bags.” Calling this a “scam” is offensive and inaccurate.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

I agree. Inability to read, comprehend or both the notes in not Anet’s fault.

This thread should be closed.