Unbind soulbound unobtainables due to nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

For those of us who consider their main toon (or one of their main toons) unplayable after the massive redo, we are left with a toon we cannot use.

There’s your problem right there. You consider it unusable, it’s your problem. The toon is fine.

You don’t deserve any compensation imo.

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

Why not give you back all your laurels (or commendations) that you spent to purchase ascended gear too and all of the money that you spent leveling the character/purchasing gear? After all it would be the ‘fair’ thing to do right?

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They’ve needed to follow the trends of other mmo’s in loot for a long long time now, it’s not just problems with the rewards system it’s a poor design to use the 2004 Bind to Character system.

They need to use the more modern Bind on Account especially since they don’t offer things like Profession Change items in their store. Seriously.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

AntiGw.9367

They’ve needed to follow the trends of other mmo’s in loot for a long long time now, it’s not just problems with the rewards system it’s a poor design to use the 2004 Bind to Character system.

They need to use the more modern Bind on Account especially since they don’t offer things like Profession Change items in their store. Seriously.

They don’t need to do anything like that, especially profession change.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Yes they need to make all items account bound over soulbound and nowhere does he say they should have “profession” changing. Troll much?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

AntiGw.9367

Yes they need to make all items account bound over soulbound and nowhere does he say they should have “profession” changing. Troll much?

Account Bound should be reserved only for certain types of items, not every piece of gear you can equip.

Read carefully, the guy clearly thinks that Profession Change needs to be added to the game.

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

I do not fancy spending the money again but I would be passably happy if they offered this stuff in the gem store again, as I said at the end of my opening post.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

While I think soul bound items are a kick in the nethers in general, this will never happen. ANet wants you to grind out another greatsword or what ever.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Im Mudbone.1437

Account Bound should be reserved only for certain types of items, not every piece of gear you can equip.

Read carefully, the guy clearly thinks that Profession Change needs to be added to the game.

Sorry, I don’t interpret they don’t offer as they should offer, but, we have differing thoughts, that’s one of the things that makes humans unique.

AntiGw.9367

Sorry, I don’t interpret they don’t offer as they should offer, but, we have differing thoughts, that’s one of the things that makes humans unique.

It’s the accusatory tone that gives it away.

Im Mudbone.1437

It’s the accusatory tone that gives it away.

You lost me with this one, I don’t see where I was accusing you of anything. If I did my apologies.

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

How about some sort of item, that enables you to transfer an item to account bound for 1 transfer to a new character.

But give it extremely high costs or concequences, like you have to delete the char you want to get the item from or something. Just something to transfer those rare items you have obtained. I am not talking about all the money, laurels, karma etc… But event items like this events dragon wings or something.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

How about some sort of item, that enables you to transfer an item to account bound for 1 transfer to a new character.

But give it extremely high costs or concequences, like you have to delete the char you want to get the item from or something. Just something to transfer those rare items you have obtained. I am not talking about all the money, laurels, karma etc… But event items like this events dragon wings or something.

It’d make a great gem store item

“Item Mystification Kit” – 3 uses per kit – 500 gems

-Removes the soulbound status of an item and makes it soulbound on equip. Cannot resell or trade away the item.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

For the dragon wings all you would have to do is transmute them onto a new item and they become account bound again.

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

toon toon tooon…. what a stupid slang word
to the topic: don’t be ridiculous… so they changed few traits and skills, now you have to cry? just find some other working build…

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

You’re right. Most gear should not bind at all. It’s a terrible throwback.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Camaro Charr.2805

Camaro Charr.2805

For those of us who consider their main toon (or one of their main toons) unplayable after the massive redo, we are left with a toon we cannot use. If that toon has all the fancy flame and frost dyes and the fancy soulbound gathering tools, we have put a lot of money into that toon, along with time. With regards to the tools, even if we wanted to pay out more money for them, we cannot. With regards to the dyes, the AH prices are astronomical since the dyes are no longer obtainable in the gem store.

I, for one, did not expect to leave this one toon so I did not purchase anything more than for this one toon. I hear others talk about doing the same, so it cannot be just me.

I am willing to reroll another toon, which I did. However, I am not going to be able to get the gathering tools on this toon and will not be able to get flame and frost dyes on my new toon.

So, please Anet, you made massive change to our toons, I and others consider my main (with all the fancy doodads I am talking about) unplayable. Please, since you have made this massive change, let us be able to transfer these items to another toon or even make them account bound.

Or, at the very least, put them back in the gem store.

How is it unplayable now? QQ much?

RE- Red Essence
Dragonband

Posted by: zuraith.6104

zuraith.6104

Every time you say “toon” I want to launch a nuke at Blizzard HQ.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Why, when the term was coined in Ultima Online? We PvPers have been using that since 1997 lol. It’s just habit now. Been calling MMO characters that since we first started playing em :-\

Posted by: Kryptonite.9376

Kryptonite.9376

Wtf is a “toon”

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

This happens with any re-balance patch.

OMG these skills have been changed slightly, my character is literally unplayable. I mean seriously, I log in, use my #1 skill and my game shuts off because of how terrible they made my profession with these BS changes. I want my money back, and the monetary equivalent of every item on my now unplayable character!! I’m quitting because no one can play [insert profession/class here] (I can only assume OP is a thief?) anymore because of this patch!!!

Interestingly enough, had these changes been the standard from the get-go, the profession would be no less playable. People just fear change.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I think making unlocked dyes soulbound was a mistake, as it ruined the collection element of that. I was really enjoying unlocking unidentified dyes until I realised that they only apply on one character, who would only ever use a tiny fraction of them. Making them account bound would have made me really enjoy collecting them all, including the gem store ones. I really wish they’d just make dye unlocks account-wide, and give players any duplicates back. It’d make that aspect of the game fun

I don’t think they should get rid of soulbinding entirely, but maybe there could be some kind of practical barrier, rather than gold/gem. Like if an item is left in the bank for a week then it becomes account bound again. That would allow for players to swap items between characters, but not trivialize the need for gearing up everyone.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

They don’t need anything. Though I get what you are trying to say, even though you’re incorrectly saying it. I disagree that it is something which is game-breaking.

Also a quick lesson in reading comprehension would teach you that the original poster definitely implied that the game should have profession changing

More on topic, I am unsure what profession you play, but from what I saw most of the changes increased build variety. Sure some things were nerfed, but other things were buffed. Maybe you should try to see how you can make a new build with the new system on your old ‘toon’ (hate that term too). Maybe you’ll even like it.

(edited by Jemmi.6058)

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Wtf is a “toon”

I dunno why it started, but it’s just what a lot of older MMO players call their too- … characters. Started way back in 1997 or maybe even earlier. Some of us who started MMOing in that year heard it constantly and it kinda stuck lol

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Wtf is a “toon”

Short for cartoon, which is what it looks like.

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Wtf is a “toon”

I dunno why it started, but it’s just what a lot of older MMO players call their too- … characters. Started way back in 1997 or maybe even earlier. Some of us who started MMOing in that year heard it constantly and it kinda stuck lol

Like rerolling, nerfing, mob, ding, and more MMO slang that is around. Those specific cases don’t happen anymore… we don’t roll dice to make characters anymore, swords don’t become “nerf” bats, enemies are not necessarily in mobs anymore, and to my knowledge only one game has ever had an actual bell “ding” as its level up sound effect (and no it wasn’t WoW). but we still use these terms and most players know what they mean.

Toon was basically your “Cartoon character” in games like D1, or BG games where players controlled characters that were not necessarily created by them. A player could make a Zon in D2 but she was always female and players had very little control over her look instead of calling it their character people referred to them as their toons. Sort of a disconnect I think, either way like many slang words from anywhere the origin may not matter or make sense, but it’s an easy way to get across what you want others to know. So stupid sounding or not people use them.

(edited by Lokki.1092)

Im Mudbone.1437

Wtf is a “toon”

You hit the proverbial nail on the head. When I hear someone cal their character a toon I instantly think they been playing “Toontown” or “WoW” since they are cartoonish. I have always called my character just that a character and I have been gaming since the 70s.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Wtf is a “toon”

You hit the proverbial nail on the head. When I hear someone cal their character a toon I instantly think they been playing “Toontown” or “WoW” since they are cartoonish. I have always called my character just that a character and I have been gaming since the 70s.

I have been playing a long time as well and always used to call them my avatar but people didn’t understand, so I use toon or character.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Wtf is a “toon”

Like rerolling, nerfing, mob, ding, and more MMO slang that is around. Those specific cases don’t happen anymore… we don’t roll dice to make characters anymore, swords don’t become “nerf” bats, enemies are not necessarily in mobs anymore, and to my knowledge only one game has ever has an actual bell “ding” as its level up sound effect (and no it wasn’t WoW). but we still use these terms and most players know what they mean.

Toon was basically your “Cartoon character” in games like D1, or BG games where players controlled characters that were not necessarily created by them. A player could make a Zon in D2 but she was always female and players had very little control over her look instead of calling it their character people referred to them as their toons. Sort of a disconnect I think, either way like many slang words from anywhere the origin may not matter or make sense, but it’s an easy way to get across what you want others to know. So stupid sounding or not people use them.

One correction, apologies for being a bit pedantic – “Mobs” started as a programming term for Mobile or Moving Object. Any roaming critter, whether hostile or friendly, was a Mob. It never had anything to do with spawn densities.

Presumably, they didn’t double the O’s to make it the first two letters of each word, because “Moob” was already in fairly wide use as a description for “Man Boob”.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Why, when the term was coined in Ultima Online? We PvPers have been using that since 1997 lol. It’s just habit now. Been calling MMO characters that since we first started playing em :-\

Yep, pretty much this.

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

What a wonderful example this thread is of the good people in the GW2 community. I am so very PROUD to be a part of one that would attack a poster for their choice of words, ridicule their playing style without knowing a thing about them, and mock them for a post that comment responders don’t agree with.

Did any of you self-righteous people even bother to notice he was willing to REPURCHASE the items, but they are not available? He also said he had rolled another character and was leveling it. (Oh, by the way, all, I use ‘toon’ too. If you can use your words for things, and your stupid textspeak spellings, don’t criticize others)

I’d love to get the endless pick and harvesting sickle again, for a new TOON I am leveling, but they are gone. I’d love some of the Flame and Frost dyes, but cannot see paying nearly 100 gold for one color of dye I may only use once or twice.

The only ones I see truly crying and moaning in this thread are the oh-so-welcoming people that are attacking the OP for such silly things as his choice of words.

Shame on all of you. Here’s hoping someone from the game comes in and cleans this thread up, then erases it or locks it. Threads like this make us all look bad, because they are what people who haven’t played will remember.

(edited by Keysha.2815)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I do not think that Anet, “needs,” to provide refunds of expended materials, resources, etc.

I do think that it would be a nice sign of good faith on their part.

Personally I do not expect such, nor would I ask for it. I, on the other hand, will no longer be spending a hundred dollars (75-125 on average) a month on the game as I now have reason to believe that any expenditure at all is likely to be rendered null by the company.

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

One correction, apologies for being a bit pedantic – “Mobs” started as a programming term for Mobile or Moving Object. Any roaming critter, whether hostile or friendly, was a Mob. It never had anything to do with spawn densities.

Presumably, they didn’t double the O’s to make it the first two letters of each word, because “Moob” was already in fairly wide use as a description for “Man Boob”.

Don’t be sorry for correcting ignorance, especially politely. We all need people to correct us on things we don’t know. And that is good to know.

Shame on all of you. Here’s hoping someone from the game comes in and cleans this thread up, then erases it or locks it. Threads like this make us all look bad, because they are what people who haven’t played will remember.

Someone asked a question we were just clarifying what a “Toon” was…