Unbound magic and others

Unbound magic and others

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

Hi just wanted to know what i can do with unbound magic and all the other map currency stuff.

I have purchased all the skins that i wanted. So what do i do with the rest of my currency. Mostly would like gold whats a good way to go a out converting that.

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

you can buy those bags from the ventors which have chance for materials the cheaper ones iirc are the more profitable ones aso yyou can salavge or eat the specific map currencies for more anbound magic to get more bags and more loot

Unbound magic and others

Milan.9035

Are you sure those baga pay off. I purchased about 5 of them and each one cost more than what i got out of it

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

LS3 currency (unbound and “all the other map currency stuff”) has the following uses:

• Easiest method to gain ascended trinkets & back items, especially with HoT stats.
  • Various minis, tonics, skins, etc.
  • Portal scrolls to the relevant map, plus home instance nodes.
  • Magic-Warped Bundles and Packets — these are the ones mentioned by Zealex.
  • Karmic Retribution adds a good amount of random karma drops from foe deaths.
  • Changing stats on regrown Caladbolg weapons.

There are some less interesting options, too, such as ‘tributes’ for new legendaries, some weird stat inscript/insig, and a few recipes.

edit: added Karmic Retribution & stat swap
(Thanks to Doam for pointing out there’s a few more things.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Can I have the UM?

If you have any characters without all their trinkets being ascended there is your answer. You will also want to have some to spare for the remaining chapter(s) to buy skins, portals, and anything else.

Wiki is your friend. Look up unbound magic.

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Are you sure those baga pay off. I purchased about 5 of them and each one cost more than what i got out of it

its gamble but there are some drops that can make you profit

Unbound magic and others

Illconceived Was Na.9781

its gamble but there are some drops that can make you profit

You can google the results of people opening a stack — on average, one is very profitable and the other is slightly.

However, if you open only 5, you aren’t likely to get average results.

Unbound magic and others

Milan.9035

Yea i think thats what i will do. Gamble it away.

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s one of the easier ways to get ascended backpieces (any map), and also Bitterfrost Frontier offers an ascended aquabreather which isn’t exactly a common thing.

All LS3 ascneded trinkets also have free stat picking, which means you can try out many things. They can also be swapped at a small cost.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

LS3 currency (unbound and “all the other map currency stuff”) has the following uses:

• Easiest method to gain ascended trinkets & back items, especially with HoT stats.

You forgot the permanent map wide buffs Bloodstone Empowerment and Karmic Retribution. Then again those only existed for the first three maps and I don’t think Lake Doric has anything like those so maybe Anet decided to scrap that mechanic.

Unbound magic and others

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You forgot the permanent map wide buffs Bloodstone Empowerment and Karmic Retribution. Then again those only existed for the first three maps and I don’t think Lake Doric has anything like those so maybe Anet decided to scrap that mechanic.

Good point. Those are good investments if you spend time in the zones. I’ll add it to the list.

Yeah, I think they might have skipped Doric to avoid the AFK farming issue from Bitterfrost (and maybe that’s why foes are more punishing there, too).

Unbound magic and others

ArchonWing.9480

Unless you realy need obsidian shards, it is quite harrd for me to imagine spending gold to get more karma, especially when it is map specific.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Hi just wanted to know what i can do with unbound magic and all the other map currency stuff.

I have purchased all the skins that i wanted. So what do i do with the rest of my currency. Mostly would like gold whats a good way to go a out converting that.

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/dungeon-tokens and the related pages are a good general guide to turning most currencies into value. They also have a method for submitting feature requests if they are missing something you would prefer to see…

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

They can also be swapped at a small cost.

AFAIK it’s only the Bloodstone ones that can be statswapped after the initial choice.

Unbound magic and others

Milan.9035

thanks for all the info all.

i also realized that they are used for the legendary currency. i was thinking to make bolt for my rev but i think i will wait and see what the next legendary will be.

Unbound magic and others

ArchonWing.9480

AFAIK it’s only the Bloodstone ones that can be statswapped after the initial choice.

Well, that is weirdly inconsistent

Unbound magic and others

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That, my friend, is ANet Consistency™

Unbound magic and others

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

That, my friend, is ANet Consistency™

I strongly suspect that the new expansion and future living story episodes will just happen to, no doubt by coincidence, happen to resemble whatever parts of those earlier episodes the current players like the most.