Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

“In PvE, if a player is awarded loot by killing a creature and the loot is of uncommon rarity or higher, a chest will appear that contains the loot that would previously have been on the corpse. If the rarity of the loot on the creature is lower than uncommon, the loot will remain on the creature’s corpse.”

So now there are two places we have to loot? I don’t understand why this was added.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

Pretty sure it will be one or the other. If there is an actual item probably blue or higher there will be a chest, if its grey its on the body. This way you can decide whether or not you care to loot something before doing so. I generally just spam F over the whole area regardless but whatever I guess.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: ConfusedDave.4271

ConfusedDave.4271

Does seem a little like a solution for a non-existent problem!

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Pretty sure it will be one or the other. If there is an actual item probably blue or higher there will be a chest, if its grey its on the body. This way you can decide whether or not you care to loot something before doing so. I generally just spam F over the whole area regardless but whatever I guess.

I’d guess it’s for blue or higher – but it might be whites too. More clarification requested please.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Crowsight.8927

Crowsight.8927

It’s greens or higher, I believe. That still seems like a little much. Anet, would you consider adjusting this up to rares or higher? I get greens an awful lot.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

so magic find doesnt apply to chests, i dont think i like where this is going

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Tidussoul.7210

Tidussoul.7210

This has nothing to do with magic find.

Lol. It’s added to make skipping trash loot easier for people.
I know it doesnt affect magic find because the chests already have the item predefined in it after you kill the mob. So basicly the RNG takes place before the chest appears.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

This will just be a HUGE mess for orr farming… Seriously, i am going to miss so many chests, i would much rather run around spamming F in the dead bodies

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

If the chests stack it is good thing I guess ^^

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Masterpyro.4310

Yea what Tid said, this has nothing to do with magic find, its just a different place to pick up loot.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: codingCaptor.9428

codingCaptor.9428

I have no idea what this means. it could be nice, I guess, or it could be annoying. I need to see it in game to decide.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a devs thoughts on it and why they changed it.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Yep, Magic Find is out!!! Or am I wrong? So far I know, MF does not apply to chests.

But if its true that MF is out : Hurray for that!
Now people in dungeons will wear the right armor!

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

Is it like the daily/zone completion chest that pops up over the minimap or like a physical model in the game world like the loot bags in WvW?

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

ConfusedDave.4271

I imagine it’s going to make no practical difference – you’ll still just run around spamming F, but it might make it easier to spot loot you might have missed that’s worth picking up.

And yeah, what is Uncommon rarity when it’s at home? I thought Blue was Fine and Green Masterwork?

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

I think magic find should still work just fine. Magic find works after you kill a mob and once it’s dead it already has it’s predetermined loot. The chest is just a way to tell you that you should expect some better loot.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Masterpyro.4310

Yep, Magic Find is out!!! Or am I wrong? So far I know, MF does not apply to chests.

But if its true that MF is out : Hurray for that!
Now people in dungeons will wear the right armor!

There isnt going to be a massive dungeon chest every time you kill something and get good loot. It will probably be the size of the loot bags in WvW and it is not an actual chest item, just a different visual for where to pickup your loot.

Also think about it real quick, if something drops a chest because its rarer loot, dontcha think it already decided on what’s inside it, meaning magic find already applied?

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Whatever it is I just hope it doesn’t make looting time consuming. I like my auto-loot option lol. No idea why this was even added

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Yeah, no idea what uncommon is supposed to mean, Also not sure what form of chest they’re referring to. I initially thought you’d have a chest above your minimap and when you click it, the items will go to your inventory. Now I’m not so sure.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Circling Skies.1872

Circling Skies.1872

I think this is just a change in the visual cue from the sparkles coming off a corpse to a more visible chest. Sometimes I can’t see the sparkles due to the scenery of the terrain. This will help me find my good loot more readily without having to punch my F key while running back and forth over a battle ground. Sounds like a positive to me.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Am I the only one that understood this to mean that these “chests” would be the same kind of chests we receive our daily/monthly/story rewards from?

ie: not something you have to pick up from the ground but that’s attached to your UI.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

MokahTGS.7850

I just don’t understand what problem this addition is supposed to be addressing.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Freewind.1859

Freewind.1859

I like this, rare loot that I want coming to where my character is standing? YES PLEASE O_O

Sparkles on corpses were really hard to see in massive events with alot of dead corpses, so yes this is a positive change

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Everybody thinking this breaks Magic Find:

1) You kill mobs
2) RNG determines loot, using MF
3) If the loot contains an item at a certain rarity level, spawn a chest and put the loot in the chest
4) Else, leave it on the corpse as normal

Now, unless we have to do the whole chest-opening animation to get the loot, all this really means is “There is now a visual indicator that a mob is worth looting”

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: dmbucs.1367

dmbucs.1367

It could be a chest like our daily\monthly achievement or FOTM daily that you can’t miss since it pops up on your screen to open…

Mandrake
<PINK>Tarnished Coast

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I just don’t understand what problem this addition is supposed to be addressing.

You kill a monster
Monster drops an exotic
you dont see the glow on the monster (perhaps it’s buried under another set of corpses, perhaps it’s slightly in a wall)
You are now denied an exotic.

new system
You kill a monster
Monster drops an exotic
Chest appears in your lower right hand corner
chest contains exotic
you now have that exotic

It’s basically making it hard/impossible to miss loot of high value as it will automatically be picked up and deposited into a chest attached to your UI that you can open at your leisure. It’s rather convenient.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

MokahTGS.7850

Everybody thinking this breaks Magic Find:
Now, unless we have to do the whole chest-opening animation to get the loot, all this really means is “There is now a visual indicator that a mob is worth looting”

Do you really not loot any mob? even trash drops add up…I still don’t see what this adds and actually see this as a problem. If these chests drop like the daily chests used to drop in the BWE, and WvW loot I can see missing a lot of good drops just by not seeing them. I miss WvW loot bags all the time. They are small, and mixed in with all sorts of AoE.

My eyes are focused on the creature I’m killing, not my feet. I’ll try this out, but from the description, it seems like a cure for a non-existent disease.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

Am I the only one that understood this to mean that these “chests” would be the same kind of chests we receive our daily/monthly/story rewards from?

ie: not something you have to pick up from the ground but that’s attached to your UI.

In the first two beta weekend events, (unless I’m remembering wrong and it was just the first BWE) loot chests spawned on the ground occasionally. I’m not sure if this change is going to be like that (on the ground) or if it’s going to be like you describe (in the UI) I assume it will be on the ground, and you’ll still have to go physically loot the thing rather than just click your UI chest while running around.

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

MokahTGS.7850

You kill a monster
Monster drops an exotic
you dont see the glow on the monster (perhaps it’s buried under another set of corpses, perhaps it’s slightly in a wall)
You are now denied an exotic.

new system
You kill a monster
Monster drops an exotic
Chest appears in your lower right hand corner
chest contains exotic
you now have that exotic

It’s basically making it hard/impossible to miss loot of high value as it will automatically be picked up and deposited into a chest attached to your UI that you can open at your leisure. It’s rather convenient.

If this shows up as a daily chest, then yay! That is good. At your feet…not good.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Tintaglia.4762

Tintaglia.4762

I’m hoping for a UI chest, not one more thing to look for on the ground. But if it’s a UI chest, will more than one show up if unopened, or will loot accumulate in the chest from multiple loot drops until opened?

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

ConfusedDave.4271

For anyone not yet in the game, it’s a chest on the floor which sparkles in the same way as a corpse and is looted in the same way.

Uncommon Rarity Chest??

Posted by: Glovebox.5724

Glovebox.5724

Well white is your average junk I think, blue rarity is uncommon, green is masterwork, yellow rare and so on, I can only presume it will be useful for those who want to get items only and not worry about random junk items. Or crafting mats, of course.