Undead, Undead, Undead... Enough Already!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anonumia.2817

Anonumia.2817

Once a character hits 30-40 for the personal story, the motto becomes “Undeads R Us.” From this level and up all the mobs are undeads. I know it has to do with the story and all, but it has become so monotonous. I did all the personal story quests with my first L80 character, but that ended the storyline questing for the other characters. I just can’t bring myself to go through tons of undeads again. Anyone else feel the same way?

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

Personally i stop doing story then it hits claw island quest . Did it once on my main , never again. Undeads would be fine but story itself is boring and repeatitive with bad sound acting and dull dialogues.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

I agree its boring but, would it make more sense to slaughter moa or skrit?

Primordus = Destroyers
Jormag = Icebrood + sons of sylvanir
Kralkatorrik = Branded
Deep sea dragon = marine life

Posted by: Anonumia.2817

Anonumia.2817

I agree that the story is boring and not immersing at all. The endless undeads adds to the monotonousness of doing the personal story quests. I was so sick of them with my first character that when my other character’s storyline hit the undead area, my brain said “no more.”

(edited by Anonumia.2817)

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

afaik @ 40lvl starts personal story quests to explore some races like – explore orcs → fight branded. undeads start with claw island @ 50? or am i wrong

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

For me the risen are always a joy to see because it means Trahearne shuts the kitten up! Well apart from his endless ‘this won’t end well’ comments …

I am doing the PS again on my alt mainly for the rewards. You get access to some armour and weapons skins you cannot find or are difficult to obtain else where …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

I just avoid the personal story stuff and level elsewhere. It’s not like all the zones are undead at 30+, just the stuff relevant to the personal story.

Posted by: Toxophile.6215

Toxophile.6215

I freaking hate all the kitten kungkittenzombies out there. It’s such a cheap move to give them such a speed boost.

Posted by: Toxophile.6215

Toxophile.6215

umm… vulgarity script changed “kung eff you” to “kungkitten”? lolz Bruce Lee would be mad.

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

There needs to be some additional L80 locations, and some new foes. Pretty darn soon I reckon.

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

I love the story. good job anet

Posted by: Tikky.6231

Tikky.6231

Once a character hits 30-40 for the personal story, the motto becomes “Undeads R Us.” From this level and up all the mobs are undeads. I know it has to do with the story and all, but it has become so monotonous. I did all the personal story quests with my first L80 character, but that ended the storyline questing for the other characters. I just can’t bring myself to go through tons of undeads again. Anyone else feel the same way?

I agree – up to a point. I’m willing to risk giving them a chance to spice up the story later on, once we get to fighting other dragons in earnest. I’m hoping they’ll allow for a branching off, at that point, so we can go fight either one dragon and its minions, or another dragon, and its minions. Of course, they’d have to fix it so that current level-capped characters could also do that new stuff in their personal story, if they chose to do it this way.

But outside that possibility… yeah. Speedzombie fest is old.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I think undead make sense in terms of the story. The problem is that their combat ‘affixes’ make them a tedious foe to fight. Overall, we simply need more variety in level 80 mobs in the game.

Posted by: Kuldebar.1897

Kuldebar.1897

I think undead make sense in terms of the story. The problem is that their combat ‘affixes’ make them a tedious foe to fight. Overall, we simply need more variety in level 80 mobs in the game.

Your dream has come true:

“A new life awaits you in Southsun Cove. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure. New climate, recreational facilities…absolutely free.”

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

How doesn’t this make sense? The antagonist for the initial release of GW2, and thus the current arc of the personal story, is Zhaitan, the elder dragon of the undead. There are plenty of zones focusing on different enemy types, but the personal story itself is focused on beating Zhaitan. It’s like one of those video games where the bad guy is a demon, so naturally you fight a bunch of bad guy demon minions. It’s logical.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Actually, while I enjoy GW2 and will continue to play, I am disappointed that so many MMO’s in general these days seem to have run out of ideas for the end game bad guy types.
I think that’s why I like Sea of Sorrows so much. Many of the creatures are not of any undead variety (i.e. Karkas).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

Actually, while I enjoy GW2 and will continue to play, I am disappointed that so many MMO’s in general these days seem to have run out of ideas for the end game bad guy types.
I think that’s why I like Sea of Sorrows so much. Many of the creatures are not of any undead variety (i.e. Karkas).

Undead are a core pillar of the Soulless Triumvirate: the three things that can be killed without remorse in video games everywhere.
1.undead
2.n. @. z. i. s. (stupid filter)
3.mimes

(edited by Chaosgyro.6023)

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I would have put Mimes at no 1 but appart from that 100%

Attachments:

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

I actually don’t mind slaying the undead in this game. They’re actually sort of different in this game as compared with some other games I’ve played, so that at least makes them entertaining for me.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Eddard.2930

Eddard.2930

I would have put Mimes at no 1 but appart from that 100%

That guy is all 3!

1. Undead.
2. Doing the hi to Hitler.
3. Mime.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming like the people in his car.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

well since zhaitans story is over we will see a lot more of the other mobs involved with other dragons. I just hope we see them as much as undead or its gona be lame.

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

Sure the undead taking over as enemies makes sense, but that doesn’t make it fun, player experience wise, to fight the same thing over and over.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Your dream has come true:

“A new life awaits you in Southsun Cove. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure. New climate, recreational facilities…absolutely free.”

It actually says that? Wow, Bladerunner reference or what!

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Sure the undead taking over as enemies makes sense, but that doesn’t make it fun, player experience wise, to fight the same thing over and over.

You should try IRL – I have the choice between civilian or insurgent, and take a massive karma hit when I farm the wrong ones…

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.