Underground Teleporting Bots

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I must say that the Bot situation has been reduced considerably but these particular pesky botters are still plentiful.

Observation
So I run up to a harvesting node and as I get there I see a player’s name appear directly under the node. They are there for a three strikes of time and then poof, they are gone.

I have also seen it where after disappearing I found them pop up at the next node right by me so yes they are teleporting.

Now I would love to be able to tag one of these Bots and report them but alas they are too quick for me.

Question
I have seen this kind of bot for quite some time, isn’t there any way for ANet to see either:

1. characters that rapidly port from node to node, i.e. X/Y changes faster then possible by running or
  2. characters that travel at terrain map altitude Z – (x units)

They should be the only ones that always travel at (-Z) with the possible exception of someone using the Sonic Tunneling Tool, which I would think should be easy to verify from the character inventory code.

Does anyone else notice these exploiters and can you think of any other way ANet can target them?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Huh, I’ve never seen this.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

What zone do you notice this in?

Are you sure they aren’t going invisible because your character model limit is low and only shows a few players at a time?

You should bind screenshot to a button you can reach quickly and snap a few screenshots of these players that you can look at later to get their names and file a support ticket.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Submit a ticket with a screenshot attached. There is an in game option. ANet deals quite harshly with bots and they are normally quickly banned. Don’t forget though most botters are very persistent and will simply make a new account/etc. They make RL money off botting (most hardcore ones) so they aren’t going to be deterred losing one account. Its a forever battle.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve seen these underground bots before. They will often be “dead” but still able to move around. Being “dead” makes them difficult or impossible to report. If you are on a map and see dead players appearing and disappearing, especially at known nodes, then it may be them.

Take a screenshot and report in game. If you see a lot on one map be sure to point this out.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Submit a ticket with a screenshot attached. There is an in game option. ANet deals quite harshly with bots and they are normally quickly banned. Don’t forget though most botters are very persistent and will simply make a new account/etc. They make RL money off botting (most hardcore ones) so they aren’t going to be deterred losing one account. Its a forever battle.

I’ve used this method for reporting bots and got told “this is not the proper way, use the report tool.”

My opinion there is that Anet simply wants to ignore this issue anymore. They refuse to give players the tools necessary to report these players easily. It should not be a game of twitch reflexes just to catch a bot, it should be something that anyone can easily take care of. Frankly, the rudeness of the response I got from support from my tickets has put me in an apathetic mode. I’ve never reported a bot since.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve used this method for reporting bots and got told “this is not the proper way, use the report tool.”

My opinion there is that Anet simply wants to ignore this issue anymore. They refuse to give players the tools necessary to report these players easily. It should not be a game of twitch reflexes just to catch a bot, it should be something that anyone can easily take care of. Frankly, the rudeness of the response I got from support from my tickets has put me in an apathetic mode. I’ve never reported a bot since.

The screenshots and in game reports are useful where you can’t get the bots name either because they are too fast or are unreportable because they are showing as dead. If you can get a name, then they want a report with the char’s name as it’s much more accurate. Say that you can’t get the name for a report and why in the ingame report if you have to use the screenshot method.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The screenshots and in game reports are useful where you can’t get the bots name either because they are too fast or are unreportable because they are showing as dead. If you can get a name, then they want a report with the char’s name as it’s much more accurate. Say that you can’t get the name for a report and why in the ingame report if you have to use the screenshot method.

I explained that in my support messages when I sent them. I was still given a rude response telling me to use the in game report tool.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Mo Mo – I have seen these bots in many different zones, the most recent was Caledon Forest in the Rowanwoods by the Lettuce farm.
Character model limit would not be in effect with no other characters in my visual range.
A bound screenshot does not work cause by the time I process what they are doing they have already ported to the next node.

Paradox and Just A Flesh Wound – Same screenshot problem above.

Neural – Yeah as you know the in-game report doesn’t work if you can’t tag their name or get a screen shot.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Take a quick screenshot when you see them so you can manually block them (/block username), then right click on the name on your block list and report them for botting.

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Pandaman – sorry I was not clear…

Mo Mo
A bound screenshot does not work cause by the time I process what they are doing they have already ported to the next node.

So by the time they appear and start harvesting…you realize they are under not behind the node or their model just has not materialized yet and reach for the screenshot…they are gone.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’ve seen this when out and about harvesting nodes in Mount Maelstrom. I’d assumed it was just on my end, with graphics issues. I’ll keep an eye out if it happens again.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Pandaman – sorry I was not clear…

Mo Mo

So by the time they appear and start harvesting…you realize they are under not behind the node or their model just has not materialized yet and reach for the screenshot…they are gone.

There are some whats to mitigate that, like binding screenshot to a different key (likw maybe T, so your finger doesn’t have to travel far from F, or a spare button on your mouse if you have one with lots of extra buttons); it’s not a perfect solution, but will help and has the added bonus of letting you take screenshots on the fly for other you-had-to-be-there moments.