Understand that

Understand that

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Upirlupirina.6182

Upirlupirina.6182

steps need to be taken in games to prevent bots. But when you buy a expansion as a returning player from 2-3 years but created a new account for personal reasons. Add a sms device to the account and still have to wait 72 hours or so to use the whole game is just totally wrong.

That’s like buying a dvd from best buy and not being able to watch it for 72 hours. Not very happy and was considering upgrading my other account to HoT but after this I am not sure I will.

Posting this as the ticket I opened to complain about this stupid feature they told me to post on forums.

Not a happy customer at all feel like I am betting treated like a 2nd class person because of other idiots.

What a joke

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here
But when you love, you know it’s not real

Understand that

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

You have to wait 72 hours to play the game after buying it? Never heard of this until now.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

You have to wait 72 hours to play the game after buying it? Never heard of this until now.

No…I can’t mail anything. Can’t access the ah. Cant use guild bank. CS says its to protect players but when you buy it and add the sms device how much more protection do you need

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s not because of bots. It’s because of accounts bought using bank and credit card fraud. You can thank them for the restrictions.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

It’s not because of bots. It’s because of accounts bought using bank and credit card fraud. You can thank them for the restrictions.

Well they sure didnt wait 72 hours to take my money. And when I added my phone for the security that should have been a signal

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

This has been a thing for quite a while now. It was annotated in the notes and descriptions of the game that parts would not be available right away and that you would have to wait a few days for the whole game to be available. We all had to go thru the waiting game to be able to access everything.

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

This has been a thing for quite a while now. It was annotated in the notes and descriptions of the game that parts would not be available right away and that you would have to wait a few days for the whole game to be available. We all had to go thru the waiting game to be able to access everything.

It’s still wrong. It makes no sense, I know it was in the disclaimer and I can still complain about it. It’s a bad policy and I have the right to complain about it.

I play many MMO’s I also have a ps4 and not once other then here have I had to wait after paying for a game. I was advised to post here so I am

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

It’s still wrong. It makes no sense, I know it was in the disclaimer and I can still complain about it. It’s a bad policy and I have the right to complain about it.

I play many MMO’s I also have a ps4 and not once other then here have I had to wait after paying for a game. I was advised to post here so I am

I live full time in an RV and travel around. The SMS makes me put in a code quite often to verify it is me every time I hit a new area of the states. I don’t complain about the extra step because it keeps my account and password connected to it just a little bit more secure.
As for playing games … I have been playing MMO’s and online games since the BBS days. I would rather a company keep things secure and if that means putting a code in often or waiting 3 days to get to use parts of the game then so be it.
I have been on the end of having to call every place connected with a card where the number was stolen. It’s not easy nor fun. My other half won’t use one particular gas station as she had to go thru a new card and everything that entails twice in less than 6 months. Someone had put a card reader on the gas pumps multiple times.

Understand that

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well they sure didnt wait 72 hours to take my money. And when I added my phone for the security that should have been a signal

The game has insurance that tells them the rules they need to follow for new accounts. Gold sellers and other hackers use credit card and bank fraud to buy accounts then reverse charges after purchase. If these people can access the whole game they could do damage to the game financially. For example they could buy buy and sell gems to get gold to sell to players then reverse the charges to stick ANet with the losses. The 3 days gives them the time to find and deactivate these fraudulent accounts.

3 days in the lifetime of an account is very little. When you consider the damage these accounts could do to the economy of the game and the finances of the company it’s worth the wait.

tl:dr
It’s an insurance requirement to reduce losses from bank and credit card fraud. The insurance isn’t going to change their policy because some players are unhappy about having to wait a few days.

ANet may give it to you.

Understand that

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

The 72hrs is as “Just a flesh wound” said, to detect stolen credit cards. If the card is stolen it usually take a bit of time for the owner to see the fraudulent charge and notify their bank, which is why they take your money but let you wait. If they waited 3 days to take the money the original owner would not notice it in the case of theft, which is the whole point.

A rather imperfect system.

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

I live full time in an RV and travel around. The SMS makes me put in a code quite often to verify it is me every time I hit a new area of the states. I don’t complain about the extra step because it keeps my account and password connected to it just a little bit more secure.
As for playing games … I have been playing MMO’s and online games since the BBS days. I would rather a company keep things secure and if that means putting a code in often or waiting 3 days to get to use parts of the game then so be it.
I have been on the end of having to call every place connected with a card where the number was stolen. It’s not easy nor fun. My other half won’t use one particular gas station as she had to go thru a new card and everything that entails twice in less than 6 months. Someone had put a card reader on the gas pumps multiple times.

When I pay for something I expect to be able to have full access to it. Plain and simple. What they are doing is wrong when you buy it. Again its like going to a store paying for something and then the store saying you cant take it for 3 days.

Sorry but thats my feelings and they wont change on the subject

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

The game has insurance that tells them the rules they need to follow for new accounts. Gold sellers and other hackers use credit card and bank fraud to buy accounts then reverse charges after purchase. If these people can access the whole game they could do damage to the game financially. For example they could buy buy and sell gems to get gold to sell to players then reverse the charges to stick ANet with the losses. The 3 days gives them the time to find and deactivate these fraudulent accounts.

3 days in the lifetime of an account is very little. When you consider the damage these accounts could do to the economy of the game and the finances of the company it’s worth the wait.

It’s an insurance requirement to reduce losses from bank and credit card fraud. The insurance isn’t going to change their policy because some players are unhappy about having to wait a few days.

I dont believe that any insurance company would tell someone they have to wait 3 days to use something they paid for. Sorry but its a GW policy.

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yet, you said you knew about the disclaimer, and still thought it would not apply? Seems odd.

As for upgrading your other account to HoT, if it is a paid account, it will not have the restrictions (other than the 72-hour wait for the Gems included in the Ultimate edition).

I doubt there will be a policy change due to posting on the forums (I certainly hope not), but still…

Good luck.

Edit: It’s a DRI policy, likely, not to mention bank/cc processing policies. If DRI says they won’t release the funds for 3 days, there is little else to be done. Again, a small price to pay to not be overrun by those of a nefarious nature in-game.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

Thanks for the responses but I will not change my mind and its a bad policy and I know its in fine print but that does not make it right.

I said my peace I am done, its a bad policy and needs to change. I will not be recommending to my friends to buy this game just because of this. Never before in any mmo have I had this issue nor when I buy things for the ps4. I do not agree that they took my money but I dont have full access to the game.

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

It takes them 72 hours to know that the money they have is yours, and not someone else’s.

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

Yet, you said you knew about the disclaimer, and still thought it would not apply? Seems odd.

As for upgrading your other account to HoT, if it is a paid account, it will not have the restrictions (other than the 72-hour wait for the Gems included in the Ultimate edition).

I doubt there will be a policy change due to posting on the forums (I certainly hope not), but still…

Good luck.

No I was told by CS to post here about the policy and how I think it should change.

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The problem is that anyone can add a mobile authenticator as security – and in fact, if someone hacks your account, it is usually the first thing they do.

It sucks, to be sure, but it is a small price to pay to cut back – even if just a little – on stolen accounts.

Understand that

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, what?

I did not challenge the fact that the CS Team suggested you post on the forums. I am aware that when there are issues they have no control over they suggest one post on the forums. I am saying that posting on the forums, no matter where the suggestion came from, is unlikely to instigate a change in the policy, especially when said policy is for the betterment of the game, even though it creates a short inconvenience to some players.

Again, good luck.

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

Good luck.

Edit: It’s a DRI policy, likely, not to mention bank/cc processing policies. If DRI says they won’t release the funds for 3 days, there is little else to be done. Again, a small price to pay to not be overrun by those of a nefarious nature in-game.

This is a response from cs about upgrading accounts so I know I wont be upgrading 2nd account now

Whenever a player purchases a new account or upgrades their current account, any of the specials features attached with the purchase takes between 3-7 business days to unlock for players

Upgrades still take 3-7 business days. But whatever they got my money already wont get another 30 bucks from me.

Have a good day.

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Just a flesh wound.3589

I dont believe that any insurance company would tell someone they have to wait 3 days to use something they paid for. Sorry but its a GW policy.

You don’t believe that financial insurance would set rules to reduce their losses from fraud? I think you have some things to learn about whether or not insurance will tell a company or a person what they can or can not do. But good luck in your quest to get the insurance to change the rules so that they lose money from fraud or for ANet to go against its rulings and subsequently have its rates increased.

ANet may give it to you.

Understand that

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

They haven’t locked you out of the game. You simply have to be a little patient regarding in game transactions with other players.

Again that is a small price to pay for long term peace of mind.

Understand that

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Good luck.

This is a response from cs about upgrading accounts so I know I wont be upgrading 2nd account now

Whenever a player purchases a new account or upgrades their current account, any of the specials features attached with the purchase takes between 3-7 business days to unlock for players

Upgrades still take 3-7 business days. But whatever they got my money already wont get another 30 bucks from me.

Have a good day.

Perhaps, the CS Team was referring to ‘upgrading’ a Play4Free account. I can assure you, I, and others, did not have any restrictions placed on our accounts when we upgraded our paid account to Heart of Thorns.

Understand that

Upirlupirina.6182

Good luck.

Have a good day.

Perhaps, the CS Team was referring to ‘upgrading’ a Play4Free account. I can assure you, I, and others, did not have any restrictions placed on our accounts when we upgraded our paid account to Heart of Thorns.

K. I will think about it then for my other account. I can only go by what the cs said though. I still dont agree with the policy but nothing I can do about it

When I hate it’s
I know, I can feel here

Understand that

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

The system is made to make their life easier, not yours, aka they can’t be bothered to deal with chargebacks and fraudulent purchases so they punish all the customers instead, it’s cheaper.