Underwhelmed - all aboard hype train

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Hi guys

Just wanted to ask if you were expecting more from the latest SW2.0 patch?
The original SW patch just set such a high bar for Season 2 part 2 that I can not help but feel SOOOO underwhelmed and a little disappointed in the latest patch.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Believe it or not, actually yes. When they released the SW i thought this would get better. But no, once again they have shown us that underpaid and overworked devs cant do anything right.

Novuake.2691

@Schwarzseher

“underpaid and overworked”, I would not go that far.
How could you know this for sure?

Anyway, pretty sure that they have a lot going on 3 month break for 1 map would be insane…

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I believe the next release will be the final one for 2014, the next one -should- be bigger.

They had way more time to make the first SW release, creating the whole new zone, the next release was going to have less content. Did you really expect another SW-like zone after only 2 months?

Novuake.2691

I believe the next release will be the final one for 2014, the next one -should- be bigger.

They had way more time to make the first SW release, creating the whole new zone, the next release was going to have less content. Did you really expect another SW-like zone after only 2 months?

Obviously I didn’t. But THIS little really was VERY little.

And I mean we had a REALLY long mid-season break. Potentially could have created and split that times work into a lot more content, but as it stand now, yesterdays update may as well have been part of the original SW patch.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think people are being a tad unfair towards the devs, content after all still takes time to make. I think the problem is more that these last two patches needed merging together to make one content patch. The story didnt progress much yesterday and left yet another cliffhanger to chew over.

Id much rather the story just got on with it and releases were larger and less regular. Apart from some very dodgy narrative (caithes dodgy behaviour we spotted from the start and us telling everyone who would listen about the egg), this would have received much better feedback if part of a larger patch.

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

@Schwarzseher

Anyway, pretty sure that they have a lot going on 3 month break for 1 map would be insane…

I have read the job ratings of their company. And almost everyone says that they are paying 30% less than the average salary in this branch. Also contractors (which are pretty numerous obviously) are only paid 11 dollars per hour.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You created your hype. The forums is full of no information threads. Can’t have it both ways.
If the staff are actually getting paid starvation wages there are jobs just up the road. It is a good market even if it is variable.

Novuake.2691

You created your hype. The forums is full of no information threads. Can’t have it both ways.
If the staff are actually getting paid starvation wages there are jobs just up the road. It is a good market even if it is variable.

Of course I created my own hype based on previous patch, no doubt about it.

However there isn’t really a point to my thread, more just an observation and wanted to know if others feel the same…

:)

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

This is the same way a lot of gw1 players felt when playing gw2.
I had very high expectations coming from gw1. Some of those probably could never have been met.

I really think there’s an expansion around the corner. There’s no way such little content is all that can be produced.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: Templar.4512

Templar.4512

@Schwarzseher

Please read company ratings and reviews. Most people complain about management, and this is clearly reflecting inside the game.

Yargesh.4965

Of course I created my own hype based on previous patch, no doubt about it.

However there isn’t really a point to my thread, more just an observation and wanted to know if others feel the same…

:)

Have you read forums? You can always get anyone to agree with anything.

Novuake.2691

Sure, but HOW MANY is the question. Is there something wrong with my post or do you just generally show annoyance to random OPs?

Novuake.2691

Please read company ratings and reviews. Most people complain about management, and this is clearly reflecting inside the game.

I never bother reading reviews unless published by trusted sources. People like complaining and most reviews are based on ignorance or bias…

Reflected inside the game? Where?

Yargesh.4965

Sure, but HOW MANY is the question. Is there something wrong with my post or do you just generally show annoyance to random OPs?

362 people read your thread and 13 responses where made, several by the same people. How many do you want?

Novuake.2691

362 people read your thread and 13 responses where made, several by the same people. How many do you want?

Is there something wrong with my post or do you just generally show annoyance to random OPs?

Yargesh.4965

Is there something wrong with my post or do you just generally show annoyance to random OPs?

? Ok,
Have fun.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The amount of actual playable content is about the same in both updates.
Sure they added SW in the last one. But the labyrinth is rather large as well.
As for the actual story parts they are more or less the same size.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anet never ceases to amaze me with how little content they can put out.

It’s been 2.5 years. Most games would of had a full expansion out plus regular updates. Anet has managed to only release 2 new maps, no classes, no skills, no races, a tiny fraction of a story, and only 2 new features in all that time.

Last update was a glimmer of hope in what a regular release schedule should have been, but Anet just can’t keep up.

Novuake.2691

Anet never ceases to amaze me with how little content they can put out.

It’s been 2.5 years. Most games would of had a full expansion out plus regular updates. Anet has managed to only release 2 new maps, no classes, no skills, no races, a tiny fraction of a story, and only 2 new features in all that time.

Last update was a glimmer of hope in what a regular release schedule should have been, but Anet just can’t keep up.

I have been satisfied as a whole with the releases actually, I could tell you why, but its an empty sort of satisfaction born from little expectation.

But the last one really did wow me, and now meh…

(edited by Novuake.2691)